Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

SS700 slow delivery schedule

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 AM
RLM C3/C6
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS700 slow delivery schedule

In February of this year I ordered a SS700 transmission from Keisler Engineering and also made a 50% down payment at that time and was told I could expect a delivery some time in May or June. In April I was told that the final payment was required and given a delivery date of late June. Late June came and went and the delivery date was pushed back to late July. Late July has come and gone and now Keisler Engineering has no idea when they can deliver a SS700 transmission. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation when trying to purchase a SS700. Any comments from those who are trying to buy or have bought an SS700 would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is a very recent post of a SS700 customer. See entry #5 regarding lead time.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...700-today.html
Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 AM
wabco40
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

I ordered a SS700 and install kit in late December 12.
Same deal, I paid a 50 percent deposit on order and the balance several months ago.
The transmission and kit was delivered in the first week of July.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Keisler Automotive
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RLM,

There is a supply 'hole' in some of the gearing components. LGT is working on this problem and once they get the date nailed down we will inform everyone.

We are still building product that is flowing thru ahead of the 'hole'. We are completing a build group now, and have another group next week or the following.

Knowing that this supply hole is coming, we have stepped up the RS development for generation 2 RS. The gen2 RS will have the nicer main case, and the heavier duty race grade steel shift forks.

Additionally, the close ratio 2.80 1st RS should be available later this year, date TBD once that supplier (not LGT) provides delivery timing. This lower torque, lower cost close ratio solution will be a good match to small block and mild big block engines.

Shafi Keisler, Pres/CEO

PS - I don't come on here often, so please accept my apologies if I do not respond to follow on posts immediately.

Get notified of new replies

To SS700 slow delivery schedule

Quick Reply: SS700 slow delivery schedule