Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Follow Up On HID Projectors From Corvette Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Default Follow Up On HID Projectors From Corvette Mods.

This is a follow up to my post about installing HID projector lights from Corvette Mods that cost me about $ 250.00. Their basic HID upgrade kit was $ 130.00. I opted to go with the projector light option, which was $ 100 more. I also added 55 watt ballasts for an extra $ 25.00.

After installing the lights I noticed the pattern of light against my garage was not what I expected. I did post pictures of this and of the lights out on the road. I was then informed by forum members that the lights were not really projector lenses but were projector look alikes and I could have bought the setup on Ebay for about $ 70.00. After doing some looking online I found that light housings that looked exactly like the ones I paid an extra $ 100 for were available at $ 25 from other vendors.

I called Corvette Mods today and the call did not go very satisfactorily. I was told they were bought as real projectors. As to the price there was no real comment. When I was told the wiring was made especially to fit the Corvette I responded that another foot of wire between the left and right sides would have been nice and that I had to add 3 feet of wire so I could hook it up to + 12V. At that point I realized I was talking to myself as he had hung up.

I want to state that I did not raise my voice, call any one any names or do anything but talk normally. I even told him I was going to keep the lights as they did light up the road quite well. I do know that I will buy NOTHING from Corvette Mods for either of my Corvettes.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
JT-Monster-
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmcoldcars
This is a follow up to my post about installing HID projector lights from Corvette Mods that cost me about $ 250.00. Their basic HID upgrade kit was $ 130.00. I opted to go with the projector light option, which was $ 100 more. I also added 55 watt ballasts for an extra $ 25.00.

After installing the lights I noticed the pattern of light against my garage was not what I expected. I did post pictures of this and of the lights out on the road. I was then informed by forum members that the lights were not really projector lenses but were projector look alikes and I could have bought the setup on Ebay for about $ 70.00. After doing some looking online I found that light housings that looked exactly like the ones I paid an extra $ 100 for were available at $ 25 from other vendors.

I called Corvette Mods today and the call did not go very satisfactorily. I was told they were bought as real projectors. As to the price there was no real comment. When I was told the wiring was made especially to fit the Corvette I responded that another foot of wire between the left and right sides would have been nice and that I had to add 3 feet of wire so I could hook it up to + 12V. At that point I realized I was talking to myself as he had hung up.

I want to state that I did not raise my voice, call any one any names or do anything but talk normally. I even told him I was going to keep the lights as they did light up the road quite well. I do know that I will buy NOTHING from Corvette Mods for either of my Corvettes.
Thats horrible. sorry bud. it happens
Old 05-10-2013, 01:45 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

We didn't hang up, we had a storm here and our phones went down. I called back 30 minutes later and left a message for you

As far as pricing for the components, we aren't familiar with other online offerings. We do cover parts for the life of the car, I don't know what other sellers provide so we can't comment on that. You did say you were happy with the parts and were keeping them so when we asked what you would like for us to do you didn't make any comments.

Again, sorry the price wasn't fair in your eyes....I assume that was the basis of your complaint.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

Wow hope you can work it out.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Please take it offline from here.

Get notified of new replies

To Follow Up On HID Projectors From Corvette Mods.

Quick Reply: Follow Up On HID Projectors From Corvette Mods.