Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Torq Performance Shop - South Florida - Great Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Torq Performance Shop - South Florida - Great Experience

Experience with Torq.

I had extensive work done to my custom 69 vette with a 427 LSx & 4L60 combo with the crew from Torq. There were countless items needing attention (some serious & some just picky & some I did not know about or had thought they were already fixed from another shop). There were a few calls I got from Torq asking about why I am saying I have this type or part/setup on items that were suppose to have been already swapped/fixed by another well known shop here in South Florida where they cut the costs not replacing/notifying me a $25 part was needed to make things correct on a $1,000+ bill especially when the part was buried into the engine setup where it would take some good hours to fix correctly later on. This was especially frustrating that I had been to the shop a few times before never complaining about the costs. I could get into a very LONG detail posting of all the items Torq fixed but then again nobody would read past this point either. To sum it up...it is not easy to please everybody in the custom performance world. Torq nailed all the basic items such as communication, answers/questions with with options, turnaround time, etc. and then went for the home run really diving into some long troubling hard to find issues to where I now finally have a 69 vette with 427 LSx setup to enjoy and beat up here on the roads and at the track.

Seriously, Torq needs your consideration when choosing a performance shop.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:54 PM
TorqHQ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the kind reviews and return business. We love the car and really enjoy working with you....cannot wait to do more with her
Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello I am in south fla and looking to buy a chrome bumper vette. 1969 is in my sights. If I find one and it does not have sidepipe exhausts I would most certainly put them in. Does this vendor install sidepipe exhausts? That would be great as they are very close to me and have a great review.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes...they can do the job. They took off my sidepipes recently to have the flanges resurfaced & a weld fixed where it was not properly welded and then reinstalled them.

I broke a suspension part on my 69 this past weekend so the vette is sitting up there at Torq in Miramar at the momement. If you are in that area and want to check out a flared & heavily modified 69 with sidepipes then feel free to stop by the shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Torq Performance Shop - South Florida - Great Experience