Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad experience with forum member Vette Threat

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 AM
i_york
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bad experience with forum member Vette Threat

This forum member in Canada had an ad in the C6 parts for sale forum for a set of Z06 mufflers. I PM'd him and we agreed the sale (for his asking price). I asked him to come up with a price on shipping (I'm an international buyer) and he initially came back with a price with USPS using their online calculator. He takes the mufflers to the Post Office and they say they can't ship them because they're too big. So, I respond saying no problem, I'll take care of shipping from my end. In the meantime, I submit payment via PayPal. This is where the problems start...

This guy gives me the package dimensions and weight so I can organize shipping... after numerous phone calls and time spent obtaining shipping quotes, I finally get a shipper lined-up (TNT). To arrange collection, I need a phone number and collection address, which I e-mail Vette Threat for. He eventually responds saying he doesn't want to give-out his address due to some dispute he's got going-on with a forum vendor. I tell him I have nothing to do with his dispute and simply need his address to organize collection of my mufflers. Eventually, he gives me his address. Now I need a phone number (so the driver can contact him on the day of collection). Despite numerous e-mails asking for this, Vette Threat simply refuses to respond and the e-mails all go unanswered. This guy is also very slow responding to PM'd and e-mails, so by now, several weeks have passed. Due to his refusal to provide a simple phone number and his extreme reluctance to provide a collection address, coupled with his extremely tardy responses to e-mails (despite the fact I see him posting regularly on the forum), I ask for a refund. Guess what? This e-mail also goes unanswered (and no refund is forthcoming).

Eventually, I have to raise a PayPal dispute to try and recover the money I'm out. Almost as soon as the dispute is raised, I receive an e-mail from Vette Threat. He tells me to 'play nice' and cancel the dispute, then he'll refund my money WHEN HE FINDS ANOTHER BUYER FOR HIS MUFFLERS! He goes on to say that he'll be reporting me to the police for attempted IDENTITY THEFT?! WTF... I just want some exhaust mufflers! Anyway, he never responds to PayPal's request for information and the dispute was finally closed today and I have my money back (after about 2 months of e-mails and hassle).

I've just purchased another set of mufflers from an eBay seller in Reno and, wow, what a difference! This guy immediately supplies his full address and a contact phone number. He's friendly and very responsive to e-mails and I have the nice warm feeling about the transaction

It's a shame that some members of this forum evidently can't be trusted. First time I've had a bad experience in a long time.

Last edited by i_york; 07-09-2012 at 10:57 AM.