Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute]

Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute]

I have to share my current situation with a vendor on this forum that has left me hanging out to dry on an order i placed over 3 months ago.

I placed an order with an ebay vendor that claims "zero offset" willwood disc brakes.
I used him once before so i just called him rather then go through ebay.
He has online web based business
1. www.hotrodsusa.com
2. www.gorillaperformance.com
3. www.zerooffset.com
4. http://www.speedenames.com/
5. http://www.partscityusa.com/
6. http://www.deanoshiro.com/

along with a bunch of other names pointing to the same links.

He is very knowledgeable on disc brake conversions.

the vendor goes by the ebay name "hotrodspeedandcustom" in washington and has of recent changed his ebay name to "speedenames" along with location being nevada state line......

I paid for the order in August 2011 (complete 4 wheel disc brake conversion for 1963 corvette) via bank wire transfer as the vendor preferred.

The vendor acknowledged receiving the funds on sept 2 2011 and said he would let me know as soon as it was ready for shipment.

I never got any word on the shipment and in October i finally tried contacting the vendor only to learn his phone has been disconnected. WTF.

Finally in November after exhausting multiple emails i find him on ebay and contact him via ebay.

He actually answers the email and claims he was involved in a move to a new state and was bad timing.
Said it would be two weeks to sort it all out.
Now, since he dodged me since september, changed phone numbers and never informed me of my order or his move do you think i should worry?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but for him to say two more weeks was trying my patients.

2 weeks pass and i call him from his new phone number provided on ebay. He is too busy to talk and treats my order like it is not priority and says he will call me in the morning as his computer systems are down.
He never called. So i call him back a day later.
He says he will call me first thing in the morning again once he finds my order in one of his 40ft trailers.
He never calls and now when i call the number it is never answered.

Here i am in december, one month later and still no call back, no email and no $2500.00 brake order.

i have a restoration shop doing a full resto on my 1963 vette and they are now held up on my brake order which i went out of my way to get.

The resto shop is small and it is hard to keep staff with no work going on.

As you can see this has caused great pressure on me and has made my resto an unpleasant experience all because of this brake order.

I only now learn that Dean Oshiro is a member of this forum!

so what gives here??

is this fair?

ami wrong to be pissed off??

what do i do now?

I have his picture, his banking info, his address, phone number and name.

This guy has me puzzled as to why he would take my money like this with such an open book on his identity.

Last edited by tcsracing1; 12-15-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: addition
Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 616 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I have to share my current situation with a vendor on this forum that has left me hanging out to dry on an order i placed over 3 months ago.

I placed an order with an ebay vendor that claims "zero offset" willwood disc brakes.
I used him once before so i just called him rather then go through ebay.
He has online web based business
1. www.hotrodsusa.com
2. www.gorillaperformance.com
3. www.zerooffset.com
along with a bunch of other names pointing to the same links.

He is very knowledgeable on disc brake conversions.

the vendor goes by the ebay name "hotrodspeedandcustom" in washington and has of recent changed his ebay name to "speedenames" along with location being nevada state line......

I paid for the order in August 2011 (complete 4 wheel disc brake conversion for 1963 corvette) via bank wire transfer as the vendor preferred.

The vendor acknowledged receiving the funds on sept 2 2011 and said he would let me know as soon as it was ready for shipment.

I never got any word on the shipment and in October i finally tried contacting the vendor only to learn his phone has been disconnected. WTF.

Finally in November after exhausting multiple emails i find him on ebay and contact him via ebay.

He actually answers the email and claims he was involved in a move to a new state and was bad timing.
Said it would be two weeks to sort it all out.
Now, since he dodged me since september, changed phone numbers and never informed me of my order or his move do you think i should worry?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but for him to say two more weeks was trying my patients.

2 weeks pass and i call him from his new phone number provided on ebay. He is too busy to talk and treats my order like it is not priority and says he will call me in the morning as his computer systems are down.
He never called. So i call him back a day later.
He says he will call me first thing in the morning again once he finds my order in one of his 40ft trailers.
He never calls and now when i call the number it is never answered.

Here i am in december, one month later and still no call back, no email and no $2500.00 brake order.

i have a restoration shop doing a full resto on my 1963 vette and they are now held up on my brake order which i went out of my way to get.

The resto shop is small and it is hard to keep staff with no work going on.

As you can see this has caused great pressure on me and has made my resto an unpleasant experience all because of this brake order.

I only now learn that Dean Oshiro is a member of this forum!

so what gives here??

is this fair?

ami wrong to be pissed off??

what do i do now?

I have his picture, his banking info, his address, phone number and name.

This guy has me puzzled as to why he would take my money like this with such an open book on his identity.

I would start off now, by sending this link to him on eBay.

You have more patience then I
If he is a member here, he will want to fix this ASAP. If you find he does not respond within a week of this posting. I would start posting the same message on every corvette/hotrod forum on the internet, one board at a time, 5 days apart.

If no answer within 5 days then send him a message telling him the next corvette/hotrod forum you will post the "facts on". If you get no response then post it on another board etc. Be fair, and tell him you will come back to the boards you posted the complaint on, when the complaint has been resolved and say so.
I can guarantee you , you will get his attention. Just stick to the facts, do not embellish or vary from the facts.

Every week send him the new link to the new forum you have posted this complaint on. The internet is a great place to do business, its also a terrible place to do business if you do it poorly.

the world of social networking can support good businesses, but kill bad ones, thanks for the heads up, I will watch for a resolution.

Last edited by TC233; 12-05-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,008 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

What he has done COULD be considered criminal. I'm not sure if his move across state lines helps you or hurts you. If he took your money in state A and moved to state B it's going to be tougher to get the state he did the deed in to prosecute. OTOH if you had some indication he moved to get away from people he had supposedly ripped off, could that get federal in some way?

I'm not a cop or a lawyer but you might want to do some research on those issues. $2500 isn't peanuts! Letting others know to beware is good but ultimately you obviously want your merchandise or your money back.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:08 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

http://www.deanoshiro.com/

Hard to say, but he notes on his web site that he was in world series of poker in 2008....he won some big bucks, but if he gambles.....well, you can figure it out...
Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

The '0" in front of the user name means that he is a former vendor

cannot see why he was banned

Last edited by pewter99; 12-05-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:19 PM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Originally Posted by firstgear
http://www.deanoshiro.com/

Hard to say, but he notes on his web site that he was in world series of poker in 2008....he won some big bucks, but if he gambles.....well, you can figure it out...
i know exactly what you are saying as i also feared it may be related..
Old 12-05-2011, 07:21 PM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Railroadman
What he has done COULD be considered criminal. I'm not sure if his move across state lines helps you or hurts you. If he took your money in state A and moved to state B it's going to be tougher to get the state he did the deed in to prosecute. OTOH if you had some indication he moved to get away from people he had supposedly ripped off, could that get federal in some way?

I'm not a cop or a lawyer but you might want to do some research on those issues. $2500 isn't peanuts! Letting others know to beware is good but ultimately you obviously want your merchandise or your money back.
i actually wired the money to his new bank address so the business was conducted in his current state.

but i know that internet fraud is a serious penalty and this falls under it.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

NEVER wire a bank transfer to buy something...
Of course shady vendors 'prefer' that form of payment...that basically have
your cash and you have no recourse...
Old 12-05-2011, 07:28 PM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
NEVER wire a bank transfer to buy something...
Of course shady vendors 'prefer' that form of payment...that basically have
your cash and you have no recourse...
very true.

however since i have bought once before from the vendor i felt secure doing a wire transfer as the vendor wanted to save me from visa/paypal associated fees.

a weasel move though.

I have the bank branch info and will be using it for a criminal investigation if not resolved.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
erb64
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
very true.

however since i have bought once before from the vendor i felt secure doing a wire transfer as the vendor wanted to save me from visa/paypal associated fees.

a weasel move though.

I have the bank branch info and will be using it for a criminal investigation if not resolved.
why waste anymore time?? call the fbi fraud by wire and the interstate aspect makes it their baby. Shame on him.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 AM
kskid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He has been on the forum the last few days. FYI
Old 12-06-2011, 01:22 AM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

A perfect face for the warning poster "Would you buy a car from this guy?"

Here's one of his great quotes from.

"You are only remembered for the worst thing you do."
Dean Oshiro 1994

He will be remembered for more than that.

My sympathy on your misfortune.

Never wire money to ANY online seller.

I had a guy who made the most unbelievable belts and holsters for conceal carry.A true craftsman with an excellent rep. I had ordered many holsters before. Paid in advance. But my last order didn't show up. At first I got the run around and then disconnected numbers. Months later, I found he went off the deep end with a Cancer diagnosis. Lost his head, pissed all over his customers.
I had to use a Visa dispute to recover my funds.

A year or so later he is trying to re-build his business and re-covering.

Two lessons here. Use your credit card or Paypal with online purchases and don't go off the deep end with a Cancer diagnosis and throw your business and reputation under the bus.

Most Cancers can be beat!

Last edited by MiguelsC2; 12-06-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 AM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Originally Posted by kskid
He has been on the forum the last few days. FYI
maybe he should check his voicemail instead of hanging out on the forums....
Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 AM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by erb64
why waste anymore time?? call the fbi fraud by wire and the interstate aspect makes it their baby. Shame on him.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:18 PM
mike16
Racer

aways insist on using a money order from the U.S. Post Office. and explain, wether your buying or selling, that you prefer it because anybody who comits fraud using a U.S. Postal Money order gets up to 10 years. and deliver through the U.S. Postal service for the same reason...10 years. keeps everybody honest.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
midyearvette
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mike16
aways insist on using a money order from the U.S. Post Office. and explain, wether your buying or selling, that you prefer it because anybody who comits fraud using a U.S. Postal Money order gets up to 10 years. and deliver through the U.S. Postal service for the same reason...10 years. keeps everybody honest.
hmmmm.....thanks for the info!.....
Old 12-15-2011, 03:14 PM
tcsracing1
Instructor

UPDATE:

i located the vendor from his other "web based" business and contacted the phone number and actually had contact with him again.

He said he would call me back once he had a chance to review my order details, however instead he emails me and claims that he shut down his old business after he received my money and he is now working for another business which he happened to start shortly after doing the same thing.....
He claims he cannot do anything???

Now he has removed his contact info from ALL of his business related websites and has gone silent once again.

This behaviour from a forum member here should be noted.

Get notified of new replies

To 0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute]

Old 12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Contact the attorney general in his state.Sue him.

He probably filed bankruptcy or wants you to think he did.

He is a deadbeat and should be persued just for the principle alone. You may have to stand in line. I am sure you aren't the only one he has screwed.

Find out who he works for. Let them know his lack of integrity. Most would not hire someone like that.

Last edited by MiguelsC2; 12-15-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mike16

Ya, I do a lot of firearms transaction by mail. I ONLY accept USPS money orders. It does raise any fraud or crime to a federal level.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 AM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Default Update

I have managed to contact the vendor once again.

He claims his troubles from the time of my order were the reasons for his absence. He left his shop and inventory behind in another state for undisclosed reasons....??

He now claims to work for somebody else in another state and is no longer in business but he said would need some time to be able to pay me back and work something out.

He has informed to try him again next week and he should be able to have something for me as he has been selling off items to raise money.

This maybe redemption or stalling. We will have to see.

In the meantime if anybody knows of this vendor and has experiences please let me know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute]