Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

ZR1 hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:47 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by 03z06eb405
PM me the vendor also. I want to make sure not to buy anything from someone that will not stand behind the product,

No need for a PM, if you would have read it you could see it's me. I stand behind my product and have offered to help, but only so much I can do. Paint is not covered under normal warranty, not unless I ship it painted (which we don't do)

This is my last response in this thread. I stated I would help and I will. There is no need to keep arguing it will get us nowhere.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya Pete's pretty awesome, and I can't wait to get the bumper. Pete I'll be placing that order soon, sorry I got sidetrack with some other things
Old 08-29-2011, 11:31 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
Ya Pete's pretty awesome, and I can't wait to get the bumper. Pete I'll be placing that order soon, sorry I got sidetrack with some other things
Thanks No problem, take care of what you need to do first these will always be available.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:15 AM
HMannini
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
To make a long story short as you put it, you should have accepted the hood and called me right away. If you had called me and told me this is not acceptable we would have issued you an RA# like any other company would have and you would have shipped it back without paying a dime. Your shop decided to put it back in the box and send it back with the driver, without ever thinking of who would be responsible for it being shipped back. Most businesses I know of require you get a RA# to ship something back, a simple phone call and this would have been avoided.
Sorry my mind reading capabilities were a little off that day......
Old 08-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Silverbullet6spd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I said I would update this when I got any info. My manufacturer today tested a few of these. They placed them in the hot sun for a few hours and actually tried to bend it over the back of a couch with a guy on each end. They said with all their weight they could not bend it. Only thing is were thinking there is no way to get it as hot as the motor would especially in a concentrated area. What they have decided to do is make the bottom structure a bit thicker from this point forward to see if that will help.
If that is the case, great! The hood would not shut without almost bending in half with the stock struts before it was heated by the sun. I didn't care about that. And $75.00 credit for the paint didn't do anything but **** me off. Go get your hood painted for $75
Old 08-30-2011, 06:24 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Id offer $150 credit or a new hood.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Silverbullet6spd
Racer

Id offer $150 credit or a new hood.
That is a little more reasonable. I do not want another hood as this one is repaired pretty well and I have since installed the CE stripes. I don't have money for more mods right now, but if you will hold the credit I will consider this matter handled.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:56 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Silverbullet6spd
That is a little more reasonable. I do not want another hood as this one is repaired pretty well and I have since installed the CE stripes. I don't have money for more mods right now, but if you will hold the credit I will consider this matter handled.

Ok I will contact manufacturing and let them know. I will ask for a bit more as well. If they do agree I will let you know. Do you still have the old pictures you sent me of the issues? If so can you please resend them. It would just make it easier.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Silverbullet6spd
Racer

I think the body shop still has them. I will let you know tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 PM
paint it black vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gremmit
I don't agree with the "bad batch" theory. I may be wrong, but I think there are people with problems that purchased this hood at different times and with different group purchases. In my opinion, in order for this to be a bad batch, all of the problem hoods would have been purchased at the same time. I wasted my money on this hood with the last group purchase.

The problems I have with it are the same as others have posted, including the front of the hood being about 1/2 inch lower than the front fascia (this cannot be adjusted), the rear corners are too high and turned up, the passenger side is low, fitment around the lights is not that great. The hood has been adjusted to death.

Also, the shop that did the install and paint wouldn't even put the struts back on. They said they were afraid the the hood would break in half when trying to close the hood because it is so flimsy.

it cost me a $100 for body shop to install this hood and these are my exact same problems with fitment that cannot even get close to be adjusted out. body shop would not install struts for fear the hood would crack when closing. also i have cracking in various places under the gelcoat.
the reason i couldnt post sooner was ive just been through a hurricane and have had no power for 5 days. would like to return this hood for a refund. ive wasted enough time and do not want to spend more time and any more funds to see if another on will work.

IM THE ONE WITH THE UNPAINTED HOOD
you can pm or post or both a solution for my hood pete.

marshall d brown

Quick Reply: ZR1 hood