Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

ZR1 hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:35 PM
mcantuaria23
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also have problems with fitment. They never return my phone call or email and refunded my money, the warranty is not valid if you paint. crappy.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by robert miller
He has called me back but has told me he has no pic,s But has been nice on the phone and said the CO will replace the hood so I am hoping he got the last email of the hood. Again for him he has called me back and has been very nice... Robert
Been my experience thus far, so I will with hold any comments until a later date, giving the Vendor the opportunity to resolve the issue.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:42 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

was this for a C6 ZR1 style hood for the C5?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Hardcoresoldier
was this for a C6 ZR1 style hood for the C5?
yes
Old 08-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Funnone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this JUNK ZR Hood to. Took it back off after a week of being on because of the same issues that everyone else is having, and all my Buddies laughing at me for geting suckered...... Pete needs to stop selling this crap !!!!!!! has anyone received a refund? BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

P.S. Now a dust collector In my parts shead!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:02 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

I can't comment on the ZR-1 hood I have a MCM hood.
But I have bought several smaller pieces from Pete and
I have had some issues. Pete always stepped up to the
plate and addressed my concerns and I was satisfied.
I would buy from him again.
I hope things work out for you.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Funnone
Racer

Well it's so bad that i would not resell it, i can not F**K someone like that
Old 08-28-2011, 04:33 AM
RC45
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is this the vendor that sells the C5/C6 combo rear bumper?

I am about to order this piece, are people having similar Q/C, fitment and warranty issues?

Did I read correctly that the vendor claims the product has no warranty at all?

Are there any pictures of this C6 ZR1 look alike C5 hood?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

If you guys used your credit card, can't you dispute the charge?

Hate to see people get ripped of their hard earned money.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

could you pm me the name of the vendor? I want to make sure I don't purchase one as I might be getting a killer deal on a LS9 supercharger and think this style hood would be nice.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:10 AM
HMannini
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Well I guess karma is a bitch! I bought a hood last year from this guy and had it shipped to my bodyshop, when it arrived they called me and said it was NOT a quality piece and I should send it back as the shipper was still there. That's what I did and when I called him he said they couldn't return my money as I didn't call him first before sending it back? To make a long story short I had to pony up return shipping charges before he would refund my money!!!!

NOW I'm waiting for karma to catch up to a certain lighting vendor on here that has poor customer service AND attitude + a crap product that might last a couple months if you're lucky. THAT deal cost me lots of $$!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:53 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Originally Posted by HMannini
Well I guess karma is a bitch! I bought a hood last year from this guy and had it shipped to my bodyshop, when it arrived they called me and said it was NOT a quality piece and I should send it back as the shipper was still there. That's what I did and when I called him he said they couldn't return my money as I didn't call him first before sending it back? To make a long story short I had to pony up return shipping charges before he would refund my money!!!!

NOW I'm waiting for karma to catch up to a certain lighting vendor on here that has poor customer service AND attitude + a crap product that might last a couple months if you're lucky. THAT deal cost me lots of $$!!!!!!!!
First off I have nothing to do with this hood. I know Pete will take care of you guys.

Second I am the vendor that HMannini is talking about with the lights. Not sure why he would bring this in here, but I will respond.

I'm not going back and forth with him on the net like I told him via pm. I just want my side of the story out here.

I'll sum it up. Lots of details that I do have saved in our private messages if it needs to be looked at further.

He ordered the led strip corner mod with clear corners in Jan 2011. In June I get an email that one of the strips has gone out. No problem we offer a 1 year warranty on them. Heck I've never said no outside of our warranty.

I guess the other one went out while I was on a trip to see my family back in MO and he lost patience. I don't sit back and laugh when this stuff happens. Trust me I hate when it happens. All I can do is back the product like I promise to.

I agreed to a full refund minus the shipping charge (there was none added). He sent the corners back missing connectors (to power the led strip) we sent so I deducted the cost of the connectors from his refund ($8). This happened in August. I refunded him almost 7 months after he ordered. I'm the bad guy?

No we do not sell a crap product. These lights were tested a long time before we offered them. There is a reason we offer a 1 year warranty. Electronics sometimes go bad. We can't detect everything in our testing period after the modding of the lights.

Sorry to bore you guys. I just wanted to post my side of the story since H. David decided to go public with this. As always I have a ton of references and you can decide for yourself if you would like to order from us or not. We understand

Jhonathan
JW Motoring
Old 08-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Spectre86
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey guys can you post pics of the fitment? Id just like to see. Im blown away that several people are having problems. It had to have been a bad batch

Just snapped a few pics of mine with the cell phone. Only thing i had to do was drill out the holes on the hood latch brackets and the little bump stop part. It fit damn near as well as the stock hood.

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
As always I have a ton of references and you can decide for yourself if you would like to order from us or not. We understand

Jhonathan
JW Motoring
Ordered from Jhonathan several times. HID kits for both cars, tigershark rear bumper, and C6Z wheels. Would gladly order from again
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Spectre86
Hey guys can you post pics of the fitment? Id just like to see. Im blown away that several people are having problems. It had to have been a bad batch

Just snapped a few pics of mine with the cell phone. Only thing i had to do was drill out the holes on the hood latch brackets and the little bump stop part. It fit damn near as well as the stock hood.

Ordered from Jhonathan several times. HID kits for both cars, tigershark rear bumper, and C6Z wheels. Would gladly order from again
I think the OP was talking of a different vendor than Jhonathan!!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

He was responding to my post in reference to post 51.

Thanks by the way!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

That doesn't look like a ZR1 style hood really....
Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Silverbullet6spd
Racer

My hood fit pretty good from the start. Yes, it is thin and flimsy, but looked okay. My issue was the gelcoat lifting. If you order this hood,or already have it, do not paint it until the sun bakes it for a month. It looks really good on the car, but I wish I kept my stock hood because I have a feeling this hood won't lookk good long. QuikZ06 was the vendor, moderators if you want to ban me, so be it. I researched long and hard before I bought this hood to save me from this kind of hassle. If someone is pushing junk, people have the right to know!

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 hood

Old 08-28-2011, 07:07 PM
airbrush1
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

hate to be a devils advocate regarding the lack of a warranty after painting the product... but so much can go wrong when a shop paints your parts, that any warranty on the paintwork would have to be taken up with the painter not the manufacturer of the product itself... once I paint over something, it becomes my issue,its up to the painter and prep guy to make sure that a surface is ready to paint... Solvents have a nasty way of not playing nice, if the gelcoat was not completely cured then the solvents have to go somewhere... the layer of fresh paint that I assume was heat cured in a booth could cause the solvents in the gelcoat to try escaping through the more pourous wet layup carbon and cause the gelcoat to delaminate.

I would most certainly reccommend allowing these hoods to spend some time on the car before painting just to be sure that the gelcoat has fully cured! I would imagine that the issue may lay in that the vendor is shipping hoods quickly after manufacture and not selling a previous inventory of parts that have had time to sit around
Old 08-28-2011, 07:19 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Problems with this hood are well documented. Spectre 86, is the passenger side tip of the hood where it meets the fender turned down and the driver's side tip turned up? No one has even touched on the underside of the hood. Mine was so flimsy I had to get different hood struts.
JW, Pete has not helped out on this hood. I wouldn't drink that coolaid. Here's another thread about this hood.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...iber-hood.html
Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Silverbullet6spd
Racer

Originally Posted by airbrush1
hate to be a devils advocate regarding the lack of a warranty after painting the product... but so much can go wrong when a shop paints your parts, that any warranty on the paintwork would have to be taken up with the painter not the manufacturer of the product itself... once I paint over something, it becomes my issue,its up to the painter and prep guy to make sure that a surface is ready to paint... Solvents have a nasty way of not playing nice, if the gelcoat was not completely cured then the solvents have to go somewhere... the layer of fresh paint that I assume was heat cured in a booth could cause the solvents in the gelcoat to try escaping through the more pourous wet layup carbon and cause the gelcoat to delaminate.

I would most certainly reccommend allowing these hoods to spend some time on the car before painting just to be sure that the gelcoat has fully cured! I would imagine that the issue may lay in that the vendor is shipping hoods quickly after manufacture and not selling a previous inventory of parts that have had time to sit around
If that is the case, fine. he should have said wait 30 days before painting. Instead, he acted like he was goona help, and then nothing!

Quick Reply: ZR1 hood