Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

(TEXAS FOLKS AND ANYONE) has anyone had experience with this guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:52 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Default (TEXAS FOLKS AND ANYONE) has anyone had experience with this guy

Forum Name: BMFRC

Name: Lamar Murphy

State: Witchita Falls TX

Shop Name: M&M Motorsports

formerly known as North Texas Performance

Resume: way to long to list but very impressive by the sounds of it.

He seems trust worthy and is not insulted at all by me posting this thread wanting more back ground on him.

he said he's done work for various members on here as well as doing buisness with some of the more prestiguous names in the Biz.

Says he dosent have a website due to having more customers then he knows what to do with and if he had a site he would spend more time talking on the phone and sending email then actually working.

Co owner with his brother of witchitaw race way park from 84-93

his son owns/operates custom sounds wichita falls TX

Theres comapnys such as HKE among others who have a superior reputation I just want to make the right choice quality wise and finace wise.

if you wish not to reply in this thread you can send me a PM that is fine.

Mike

Also I'd like to know more about Jim at www.calspeedperformance.com if anyone has had dealings with him.

as for HKE well they're huge so....

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 04-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 PM
corvette8189
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

pm sent
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by corvette8189
pm sent
Thanks PM replied?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:09 AM
dadsturn
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I have traded with Lamar on a couple of items, and he is an upfront guy. I have also spoken with him on numerous occasions and am impressed With hiw work ethics and in depth knowledge of the LS series engines.
I would not hesitate to have him work on my car if I had known him prior to starting my project here in Houston. I will be installing his modified intake thiS year, and good chance will also have his newly developed clutCh at the same time.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Mitch.Shea
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanted to type a thread on how great Lamar is to this corvette community. hes helping my broke *** get my car running and i cant thank him enough for him going out of his way. he treated me like i was about to spend 10 grand. i wouldnt think twice about ordering parts from him. 2 thumbs up!

Last edited by Mitch.Shea; 04-07-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:24 PM
tjhiggins
7th Gear

When he was North Texas performance (bout 11 years ago) I found him on a drag race forum. I did the same thing your doing, and tried to see if he was legit. He came up clean and we worked a deal for a 572 for my 65 Malibu. Long story short I was on a payment plan, he got antsy and said he needed to complete the project so I took out a loan and paid my motor off.

Sleeze bag filed bankruptcy on me and listed me as a creditor. I got about $750 back out of the $8500 I paid him, plus he kept the parts I sent him.

BTW I am military and at that time I was very junior with a young wife and child in our first house and deploying ALOT to the middle east. The whole time he talked about being a good Christian and taking care of folks. He talks a great game but he bent me over hard and I still haven't recovered. My Malibu has not been back on the road yet. Hope you didn't give him dime!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have absolutely nothing NICE to say about that F*****G **** BAG!

All he does is fill your ear with all kinds of promises and lies!

He tried to sell me Pro Comp heads stating they were made in the US, and that they are so wonderful with all his work that he does to them and bla bla bla........ I found out they are Chinese junk and thats why know one on this forum uses them. When I called him out on this he got all pissed at me saying they were still made in the US and that I don't know what I'm talking about. I hung up on him as he was still talking and would not shut up.

LAMER MURPHY IS FULL OF CRAP, DO NOT FALL FOR HIS FAKE PROMISSES AND JUNK PARTS, HE IS A BS LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!

If he was a ligit person to deal with, he would have a website and be a vendor, but he has burned too many people and he does not visit the forum often. When he does, he logs on under his sons forum name BMFRC.

He sometimes pops up trying to sell 1 or 2 items in the For Sale section every now and then, but know one buys from him.

Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 12-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:37 PM
tjhiggins
7th Gear

I noticed him on here under BMFRC. It's really nice to see him trying to buy $43,000 vettes after a bankruptcy and still ripping people off. When he got me a called the local police and asked about him. They knew exactly who I was talking about and started laughing. He had recently (several years ago) had a guy come from several states over to beat his *** and the police had to get involved.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tjhiggins
I noticed him on here under BMFRC. It's really nice to see him trying to buy $43,000 vettes after a bankruptcy and still ripping people off. When he got me a called the local police and asked about him. They knew exactly who I was talking about and started laughing. He had recently (several years ago) had a guy come from several states over to beat his *** and the police had to get involved.
He is also known for building motors for people with different parts in them, thinking that the customer will never take the short block apart.

I hope some TX guys can post up personal experiences they have had with this joke!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM
tjhiggins
7th Gear

He was supposed to build me a short stroke 572. Kept my oil pan, gear drive and probably some of my other parts too and almost got my crower roller valve train. Then listed me as an unsecured creditor. Spoke to a couple lawyers and they said I was screwed. I got $15 dollar checks from his lawyer for a while before getting a notice that I had been paid in full (around $700). I am trying to get my car back on the road after all these years and before I deploy again next year. I was staring at it this morning and started getting pissed at the concessions I've had to make because of him, namely the meek 402 sitting between the rails and that's why I decided see what old Lamar was up to these days.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tjhiggins
He was supposed to build me a short stroke 572. Kept my oil pan, gear drive and probably some of my other parts too and almost got my crower roller valve train. Then listed me as an unsecured creditor. Spoke to a couple lawyers and they said I was screwed. I got $15 dollar checks from his lawyer for a while before getting a notice that I had been paid in full (around $700). I am trying to get my car back on the road after all these years and before I deploy again next year. I was staring at it this morning and started getting pissed at the concessions I've had to make because of him, namely the meek 402 sitting between the rails and that's why I decided see what old Lamar was up to these days.
You have a private message!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
silas1234
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He got me for a 5308 cam last month wish I would have seen this post a month ago bmfrc got me good
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I think he has been the buyer for one of my items for sale and the "committed buyer" for MANY of my other items. I have never been snaked by the guy, but he ALWAYS wants me to call him about items I have for sale and he ALWAYS tries to sell me something OR just wastes my time by continuously talking and talking and talking. I finally started ignoring his area code when he calls about an item I have for sale.

Like I said, I've never been taken for the guy but have had countless unfulfilled promises and wasted time with the guy.

I'd use someone that you KNOW will do right by you.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35 PM
AtxjusticeZ06
Advanced

Ha. OP got his money's worth on this one. Good ole CF, this place is awesome
Old 12-09-2012, 06:34 PM
memmer
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

For you that claim you have had a good experience with this A$$ WIPE It's just a matter of time before you become another one of his victims.You may like him now but you better learn to like your bank account better.
Fred
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Spend a little more the first time and save a lot more later!

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
I have absolutely nothing NICE to say about that F*****G **** BAG!

All he does is fill your ear with all kinds of promises and lies!

He tried to sell me Pro Comp heads stating they were made in the US, and that they are so wonderful with all his work that he does to them and bla bla bla........ I found out they are Chinese junk and thats why know one on this forum uses them. When I called him out on this he got all pissed at me saying they were still made in the US and that I don't know what I'm talking about. I hung up on him as he was still talking and would not shut up.

LAMER MURPHY IS FULL OF CRAP, DO NOT FALL FOR HIS FAKE PROMISSES AND JUNK PARTS, HE IS A BS LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!

If he was a ligit person to deal with, he would have a website and be a vendor, but he has burned too many people and he does not visit the forum often. When he does, he logs on under his sons forum name BMFRC.

He sometimes pops up trying to sell 1 or 2 items in the For Sale section every now and then, but know one buys from him.
Did you ever get your money back? It's real unfortunate that this stuff happens here. On another note I will post the dealings as they happened for me with BMFRC aka Lamar Murphy. In short he was going to build a "402" LQ9 based engine for me. I decided not to use him due to too many red flags IMHO and he got mad and called me every name in the book. I even offered to pay him for the LQ9 block that he supposidly already purchased for my build and he pretty much told me to screw off (come to think about it it's probably because he didn't have the block I wanted and was gonna try and stick me). Anyway we sort of came to terms with each other. It was more of me just letting it go mostly because it didn't cost me any thing more then wasted time and a lot of it. I ended up using Charlie at RPM Motors inc to build my engine and I couldn't be happier with it. It seems that Lamar Murphy out of witchita Falls Texas owner of M&M motorsports formery North Texas Performance is still up to the same stuff. My suggestion to anyone who's building thier car is to use reputable builders that others have used and had good experience with. Usually these are forum vendors, they have websites and lots of street credit. The

same goes for mechanical work too. In the end guys your not saving any money by going to someone who's not well known who claims to be able to save you tons of money. Because what usually happens is that you spending more due to rework and BS. I wish to hell and back that I had used Charlie to install my new engine too because In my case (I paid a guy to remove my old engine and install a new one) I would have not had to loose over 10K in parts and accessories. But instead in the case of my engine install I found a guy who in the end for labor rates was about 800 cheaper then Charlie but the headache and heart ache that particular endeavor cost me was not worth it. Moral of the story Spend a little more once and save a lot more later.

Get notified of new replies

To (TEXAS FOLKS AND ANYONE) has anyone had experience with this guy