Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Vendor Customer Support - or total lack of !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vendor Customer Support - or total lack of !!!!!

I know that this issue has been threaded a number of times - but it seems some of the VENDORS just don't get it If you take an order and the money - the customer SHOULDN'T have to call 10 times or wait for you to call them that you have supply issues, or delays getting materials.

How FU-KIN hard is it to do what you say you are going to do? If you say your going to call - DO IT - it takes 2 minutes! If you say you'll get back to them - DO IT. NO LAME EXCUSES - Just supply the product you are offering the customer - most are buying it because they want it or need it, not the BS that goes with it.

It amazes me how some of you Vendors stay in business because you don't have a clue! Most won't even understand what I just said either.

Here's a VENDOR check list to success - Put your right hand on your left ear - now put your left hand on your right ear - now pull really hard and when you hear a POP - you'll know that your head is out of your ***! NOW DO YOUR JOB!

There I feel better know !

PS - This is not directed towards 360 Forged - they took a major hit a few weeks ago and have taken steps to correct their problems. It is another vendor that offers specials yet doesn't seem to want to fill normal orders. IF THE SHOE FITS - WEAR IT!

Last edited by Joe aka - KODAK; 12-18-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:05 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Joe aka - KODAK
I know that this issue has been threaded a number of times - but it seems some of the VENDORS just don't get it If you take an order and the money - the customer SHOULDN'T have to call 10 times or wait for you to call them that you have supply issues, or delays getting materials.

How FU-KIN hard is it to do what you say you are going to do? If you say your going to call - DO IT - it takes 2 minutes! If you say you'll get back to them - DO IT. NO LAME EXCUSES - Just supply the product you are offering the customer - most are buying it because they want it or need it, not the BS that goes with it.

It amazes me how some of you Vendors stay in business because you don't have a clue! Most won't even understand what I just said either.

Here's a VENDOR check list to success - Put your right hand on your left ear - now put your left hand on your right ear - now pull really hard and when you hear a POP - you'll know that your head is out of your ***! NOW DO YOUR JOB!

There I feel better know !
Care to mention anyone in particular?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Care to mention anyone in particular?

NO - it wouldn't be right - the Vendors that are good with customer service are doing great and already know it, they have plenty of satisfied customers and more coming back - the bone heads that don't probably never will until they go out of business! With money tighting up that might happen sooner then they think - if they have that ability!

I need a

Last edited by Joe aka - KODAK; 12-18-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:29 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

It is too bad that we don't have some sort of rating system for vendors on this forum like ebay has. Most of the vendors are great, but a few bad ones need to be exposed.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by xcutter
It is too bad that we don't have some sort of rating system for vendors on this forum like ebay has. Most of the vendors are great, but a few bad ones need to be exposed.
totally!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:37 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xcutter
Someone should start one, but how long do you think that would last?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Default Vendor ratings

What about a system like Ebay uses?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:17 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

PS - This is not directed towards 360 Forged - they took a major hit a few weeks ago and have taken steps to correct their problems. It is another vendor that offers specials yet doesn't seem to want to fill normal orders. IF THE SHOE FITS - WEAR IT!
It's pretty bad when you have to clarify that this rant ISN'T about 360.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dfinke23
Not yet anyway!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:32 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's funny you should say that, when I first started to read your thread, I was thinking that 360 must be behind again.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dfinke23
I'm thinking we're talking about brake systems.If the shoe fits,wear it?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Luweegy
I'm thinking we're talking about brake systems.If the shoe fits,wear it?
Closely related to them! Nice catch
Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 PM
ZoRo DxB
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue with 2 vendors, promissed to send the partes in 2 to 4 weeks and its already 8 weekes and no news, I send 10s of e-mails and yet there is no replay, I dont have anychoice now, I should wait but I paid around 8,000$ and they replaid once then vanished, at least they should replay and explain what is going on there.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Kreuzen
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

...live and learn. I had the same problem with a forum vendor ~ large order placed in Aug and I'm still short an item. I've heard every excuse in the book ~ and after weeks of inquiries (initiated by me) finally decided to write it off, but I assure you I will not be doing any business with that vendor in the future. Fortunately, we have a lot more good vendors than bad ones.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ZoRo DxB
I have the same issue with 2 vendors, promissed to send the partes in 2 to 4 weeks and its already 8 weekes and no news, I send 10s of e-mails and yet there is no replay, I dont have anychoice now, I should wait but I paid around 8,000$ and they replaid once then vanished, at least they should replay and explain what is going on there.

I would strongly recommend that you call your CC company and get your $$$ back - one good thing about CC companies they will back you before the the seller!

I'm tired of waiting on the sellers - broken promises just doesn't cut it anymore. As consumers we need to make our dollar mean something - if the sellers don't want to produce the product - go somewhere else. The economy will put them in their place!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 PM
z06tx
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I would strongly recommend that you call your CC company and get your $$$ back - one good thing about CC companies they will back you before the the seller!

I'm tired of waiting on the sellers - broken promises just doesn't cut it anymore. As consumers we need to make our dollar mean something - if the sellers don't want to produce the product - go somewhere else. The economy will put them in their place!
do what you say you're going to do and FINISH it !! //art
Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
2007Z06VIC/RED
Instructor

Default It so Funny 360 what a joke

i was on the phone with 360 forged today to order a set of wheels from them for my Z06, i told them i was not sure who to buy from ,360 forged or modular concepts , i liked wheels from both companys, i asked this guy jon to email me or fax me my order so i have everything in writing before i give my credit card.
so then jon is telling me on the phone what my wheels are going over the options and so forth , then he asked my for my credit card ,i said before i give my credit card i want to see the order in writing so please fax it or email it , he then tells me again to give him my credit card info at this point , im saying to my self this guy thinks he has a real sucker calling to place a order.Before i give a company my credit card number to charge $7,000.00 for wheels and tires you better beliieve i want to see my order in writing to protect my self should this company not do what im paying them to do or produce the product correctly. so i tell him im no longer intrested in his wheels i called and ordered a set from modular concepts witch i think make a nice wheel with carbon.if you ask me with my one experience with them i would not buy anything from them ,totally turned me off ,when they are more intrested in getting my money instead of taking care of my needs as a customer ,not to mention when i called three days ago and asked how long wheels to get done it was five weeks today when i spoke to him it was eight weeks ?? got the feeling i would be chasing my order with phone calls and excuses,just my two cents

Get notified of new replies

To Vendor Customer Support - or total lack of !!!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
drabe
Instructor

I've had no problems at all with Pfadt and LG Motorsports.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

My customer service rating:
Pfadt =
WCC =
SCP =
Carbotech =
MGW =
LPE =
ZIP =
Corsa =
RPS (Clutch) =
Nakid Parts =
RPM = new customer??????
ARE = new customer??????
Caravaggio = (great workmanship though)
360 = on the verge of

There needs to be some accountability from the vendors to the members. Most are great, but the fact the "powers that be" allow some of the stuff with no reprimand is rediculous. I think with an open dialogue, something fair could be worked out.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Heber Guy
Advanced

We should post the names of Forum dealers that don't perform. Why Not?
Just another way to help each other out.

Quick Reply: Vendor Customer Support - or total lack of !!!!!