Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

[Arizona] 2004 Poker Run -- I need helpers!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 01:16 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default [Arizona] 2004 Poker Run -- I need helpers!!

Hey all, I am looking for ACE members to help plan and run the 2004 Poker Run on October 2nd. We will be starting and ending the poker run this year at the Scottsdale Pavilions. The route, the prizes and the promotion of this event still need to be done, and need to be done in a big hurry.
Please see this topic -- http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45 -- in the "Events" section. We will use that to communicate meeting times, who is participating and any new information.

Please help if you can. I would like to see our group try and double the efforts of last year.

Thanks !!

Bryan C. Seery
ACE / Arizona Vette Net
Old 07-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: [Arizona] 2004 Poker Run -- I need helpers!! (BSeery)

Old 07-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Default Re: [Arizona] 2004 Poker Run -- I need helpers!! (Desertdawg)

I'll get back with you on this
Old 07-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I'm in. I plan to be at the Pavilions on 7/17 for our meeting.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:07 PM
eddie44
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

You know I'll be there on the 17th!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:11 AM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

It all depends on what kind of help you need. I'd be willing to help you out, it's just I'm really busy and swamped at work. If you want to email or PM me, Bryan to discuss I'd be happy to give it a shot!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:40 PM
PonyH8R
Drifting

See ya on the 17th!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:41 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Tomorrow is the day, come on people, lets get a nice group together for the planning of the next poker run.

Meeting at the pavilions at about 4:30 or so to discuss the plans.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Desertdawg
Tomorrow is the day, come on people, lets get a nice group together for the planning of the next poker run.

Meeting at the pavilions at about 4:30 or so to discuss the plans.
See you tomorrow!
Old 08-02-2004, 03:04 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Ttt
Old 08-03-2004, 11:55 AM
F22Trainer
Instructor

Default non member help???

...I'm not a member (yet) but am hoping to go on the run. I am quite sure myself and my navigator would enjoy helping out. I'll follow forum and you can contact me here.
Michael
Old 08-03-2004, 12:18 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Originally Posted by F22Trainer
...I'm not a member (yet) but am hoping to go on the run. I am quite sure myself and my navigator would enjoy helping out. I'll follow forum and you can contact me here.
Michael
You don't have to be a member of ACE to participate. Besides, being a member of ACE is free and that just gets you put on an e-mail list to keep you up to date with current events in Arizona. There are no rules of membership, no board, no meetings - none of that.

Hope to see you there at the Poker Run on October 2nd.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Xlr8tnC5
Drifting

Okay, here is a question for you. How would you all feel about me inviting the Cobra club, the SW_DSM Club and a few F-Body Clubs that I know?

I figure the more the merrier, and since it is open to all vehicles, all makes, models, and even motorcycles, I thought it would be fun. But I would hate to invite all these people and have someone talk *smack* to my friends just because they drive a "different" car. That would be a huge bummer, especially if they are donating to a good cause.

If everyone can maintain repsect for ALL car tuners, owners, etc... then I think it would be a great benefit to the cause. Of course, the same rules apply to them. This is a FRIENDLY endeavor, not a competition. Although, I did invite a friend of mine with a 12 sec EVO to a personal competition. hehehe.

Tanya
Old 08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Originally Posted by Xlr8tnC5
Okay, here is a question for you. How would you all feel about me inviting the Cobra club, the SW_DSM Club and a few F-Body Clubs that I know?

I figure the more the merrier, and since it is open to all vehicles, all makes, models, and even motorcycles, I thought it would be fun. But I would hate to invite all these people and have someone talk *smack* to my friends just because they drive a "different" car. That would be a huge bummer, especially if they are donating to a good cause.

If everyone can maintain repsect for ALL car tuners, owners, etc... then I think it would be a great benefit to the cause. Of course, the same rules apply to them. This is a FRIENDLY endeavor, not a competition. Although, I did invite a friend of mine with a 12 sec EVO to a personal competition. hehehe.

Tanya
Hey, the more the merrier -- bring them all on.

The ONLY problem I see is that at the end of the run, they will have to find a place to park. The Corvettes will have 2 rows of parking since that is Corvette Saturday, and we have been given the area in front of the McDonald's as overflow.
If we can show McDonald's (with a couple of weeks advance notice) that we are going to have a need for more parking, we MAY be able to get more.

Obviously the Cobra's can park in their normal area at the Pavilions, but the modern cars (imports, 5.0 / 4.6's, f-bodys) will have to find their own place.

But bring them on !!

EDIT: Only first 75 will get gift bags. We will have the on-line registration going VERY soon.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:37 PM
P51tj
Pro

Hey Bryan,
How about some airline tickets (of course Southwest Airlines) and maybe a free window tint. I'm working on these items at the moment so let me know what you think. I will let you all know how it goes. Also posted on ACE pages.
Tim
Old 08-09-2004, 09:07 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Originally Posted by P51tj
Hey Bryan,
How about some airline tickets (of course Southwest Airlines) and maybe a free window tint. I'm working on these items at the moment so let me know what you think. I will let you all know how it goes. Also posted on ACE pages.
Tim

Sorry I didn't respond, I was on a much needed vacation.
Yes, ANY items of decent value will help us raise more funds for the Brain Aneurysm Foundation.

If we get something like the airline tickets, we can change our fliers to say "1st place: Southwest Airlines tickets for two" and that would hopefully bring more entries to the run.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:17 PM
P51tj
Pro

Bryan and all ACEers...2 Tickets on Southwest Airlines to any Southwest destination are now in hand and are for the "Jack 78" Poker run!!!

Last edited by P51tj; 08-13-2004 at 08:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To [Arizona] 2004 Poker Run -- I need helpers!!

Old 08-14-2004, 12:46 AM
F22Trainer
Instructor

Default still looking for give away stuff???

I'm sure I can get a foursome of tickets for a family to the Arizona Science Center - a cool James Bond exhibit is opening there soon. (I'm the Graphics Producer for ASC).
Interested??
Old 08-14-2004, 09:49 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Originally Posted by F22Trainer
I'm sure I can get a foursome of tickets for a family to the Arizona Science Center - a cool James Bond exhibit is opening there soon. (I'm the Graphics Producer for ASC).
Interested??
Heck yes I am --- oh, the tickets --- yeah those will work.
Any thing of value will help out to raise funds. More prizes means more winners means I hope more people enter .
Old 08-14-2004, 01:37 PM
F22Trainer
Instructor

Default message sent

Originally Posted by BSeery
Heck yes I am --- oh, the tickets --- yeah those will work.
Any thing of value will help out to raise funds. More prizes means more winners means I hope more people enter .
I sent you an email requesting more information. The tickets are worth about $75 and will include admission to the entire facility - IWERKS 5 story screen theater, Dorrance Planetarium, all the "hands on" exhibits, and the new "Bond, James Bond" exhibit that is produced with the backing of the Brocolli family. Also, I will be glad to personally give a "behind the scenes" tour of our facility to the winner and family, if scheduling permits. (I'll need advanced notice on that one)

Quick Reply: [Arizona] 2004 Poker Run -- I need helpers!!