Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 08:09 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon

Corvettes against cancer will be seen on channel 12 news here in the Phoenix valley. Details are yet to be worked out but it is shaping up to be airing on March 27th live. I have been invited to be interviewed as spokesman for the event.

The cruise is just around the corner I would love to hear from some of the clubs that are out of the Phoenix area that are interested in attending. We had in the past members of the Las Vegas Corvette Club, Sacramento Corvettes, and if I remember right San Diago as well. If anyone out there knows of a club that may be interested in comming into Phoenix have them get in touch with me. The email address has change to 76corvette@***.net.

Remember sign in at day of show starts at 8am and the cruise will :steering: be leaving at 9:30 or so. Get there early. When we get back it will be time to :party:
Old 03-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (woodworkr)

I think this event needs a sticky at the top with all the details.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (Corvette_fetish)

If not for the cause alone....Bryan?? :D
Old 03-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Sam Lin
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (Scratch)

And until it gets stickied, lets keep it bumped to the top!

Sam
Old 03-18-2004, 08:54 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (Sam Lin)

:iagree: :cheers: :seeya
Old 03-18-2004, 10:44 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (Scratch)

If not for the cause alone....Bryan?? :D
Why do I get drug in to this?

Oh yeah - that "title".

I can't make it "sticky" but did request a moderator to do so. My "title" gives me no special powers.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:12 PM
PonyH8R
Drifting

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (BSeery)

bumped..
Old 03-19-2004, 06:51 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (PonyH8R)

TTT
Old 03-19-2004, 07:11 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (phxraptor)

First of all I would like to thank all of those that have constantly pushed this post to the top so that it would stand out on the Southwest Forum.
I am going to be appearing on Good Day Arizona on Friday April 2 at I think noon, but the details are still being worked out now. They have asked if I could bring a couple of Corvettes to put in their parking lot where the interview is going to take place. Two friends of mine have concented to coming along with me. Tere will be 3 Corvettes at the live airing a 76, an 92 and my 2000, the coolest part is the cars are red, white and blue. What better colors to talk about the only all American Sports car then to have the colors of Old Glory present :flag . I will follow up with details on the airing as I get them.

The show is only 3 weeks away, I am still hoping to get some corporate sponsership. None have stepped forward as yet, but I am still hopeful that will happen. And if not at least we will have all those beautiful cars in one place at one time. And the cruise, well for those of you that did not make the first one I can tell you that 5 miles of Corvettes nose to tail is pretty impressive. I can't rival the Bowling Green Curise but maybe someday in the future we will, with your help and support. Afterall it is all of you that really get this off the ground each year.

So remember get to Cocomo Joes (S/W Tatum and Dynamite) starting at 8 am to register. I am also still hopeful that one of the news stations is going to put the chopper up to broadcast the miles of cars as we make the parade lap.

Thanks again to all of you for all of your support. You will never know just how much it means to me and the American Cancer Socitey.

Joe Bria
Corvettes Against Cancer
Event Organizer/Coordinator
Now lets :party:
Old 03-20-2004, 03:55 PM
TNT C5
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (woodworkr)

I'll be there representing Suburban Corvettes of MN. I attended last year and had a great time. We'll be looking forward to the cruise. Is there an advance registration to avoid the congestion at sign up at Cocomo Joe's? :cheers:
Old 03-20-2004, 04:47 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

For those of you that have not as of yet received an entry form you can do so at http://www.suncountrycorvette.com/ go to events then scroll down to April and the Corvettes Against Cancer topic. That is a printable form that you can fill out and return to the address at the top. Please make any donation checks payable to The American Cancer Society and in the memo protion put breast and prostate cancer. I thank you all again for all of the efforts that many of you have contributed for this event. As said in an earlier post, it is all of you that make this event a success each year and hope that we can grow larger and larger each year after. Thanks again. Joe Bria. Corvettes Against Cancer Event Organizer/Coordinator

[Modified by woodworkr, 2:49 PM 3/20/2004]
Old 03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

This will more then likely be the last update until the show, unless there is something really drastic that I feel must be gotten out. Everything seems to be in place. The parking area is going to be totaly fenced off as of 6 am Sunday morning April 4th to allow for the beer barrels to be put out by the time the cruise gets back. Cocomo's is footing the bill for the fencing as well as a 20'x20' stage for the entertainment. The two bands will be going on starting at about 11 or 11:30, the first being The Wild Angels band followed by The Crown Kings. There will be BBQs set up for out door eating. At about 1pm the Miller Light Girls will be there to sell raffle tickets for the 50/50 drawing. so the more tickets you buy the better the pot gets for the one lucky winner. If you tune in to channel 12 on this sunday morning I will be on air giving some specifics about the show, as well as on Friday April 2 on Ch 3 Good Day Arizona at noon.
As of now there are only 32 pre-regestered cars, I am still confidant that we can meet or beat last years total of 275 cars. I know that will be a lot of registration work the day of show but I think I will have enough of a staff on hand to handle the onslaught. For those of you that attended last years event I know that you have posted here what a great time you all had and I really hope to blow that out of the water this year. For those of you that were not there last year, you have no idea just what you will be missing.

If you need an application there is a web site that you can go to and get a printable copy of the application. The site is: http://www.suncountrycorvette.com go to events, then scroll down to April and you will find a link to take you to the application.

Still looking for some corporate sponsorship to make some type of contrubution for a tax break. If any out there know of one please refer them to me at 76corvette@***.net. I would gladly speak to any representative about the idea.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the show in a couple of weeks. For those that have pre-registered, thank you all for your donations.

Joe Bria
Corvettes Against Cancer
Event Organizer/Coordinator

[Modified by woodworkr, 5:49 AM 3/26/2004]
Old 03-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Sam Lin
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Joe, for those of us who once again can't make it (sucks being across the country for school), can you give info for sending a donation?

Thanks
Sam
Old 03-25-2004, 05:44 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (Sam Lin)

Sam...If you go to http://www.suncountrycorvette.com click on events, then scroll to April car shows you will see a link there that will take you to the registration application. You can print the application and mail a donation to the address at the top. That is good for any others that are unable to attend but would like to make a donation. There are only 32 preregistered Corvettes so lets get that number up. We are only2 weeks away from one h*ll of a party :party:
Joe
Old 03-27-2004, 02:06 AM
MC TORCH RED
Le Mans Master

have fun guys...... :thumbs: :party:
Old 03-27-2004, 07:14 AM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (MC TORCH RED)

have fun guys...... :thumbs: :party:
Thanks again Mitch :cheers: :seeya
Old 03-27-2004, 07:24 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (phxraptor)

The first of 3 TV spots will be on this morning, Saturday, on channel 12 at about 8:15. Sheeeesh I hate being in front of a still camera let alone on live TV.
There is one piece of real bad news. I got a call yesterday from my contact at the sheriffs office and there may be a real big problem with having the caravan escourted. Seems that there may be some political infighting and 2 of the cities that we will be going through may have a problem with the parade. It is still trying to work itself through and I am going to keep confidant. Should that happen I am still going to have the caravan anyway. The only difference will be that we are going to do it alone. I will have to try to find some time in the next week to make up driving directions and maps to be given to all that enter. Either way it will work out.
Still hope to see you all there.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon

Old 03-27-2004, 08:17 AM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

The first of 3 TV spots will be on this morning, Saturday, on channel 12 at about 8:15. Sheeeesh I hate being in front of a still camera let alone on live TV.
There is one piece of real bad news. I got a call yesterday from my contact at the sheriffs office and there may be a real big problem with having the caravan escourted. Seems that there may be some political infighting and 2 of the cities that we will be going through may have a problem with the parade. It is still trying to work itself through and I am going to keep confidant. Should that happen I am still going to have the caravan anyway. The only difference will be that we are going to do it alone. I will have to try to find some time in the next week to make up driving directions and maps to be given to all that enter. Either way it will work out.
Still hope to see you all there.
:cool: :steering:
Old 03-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Scottsdale Jack
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran

I saw the channel 12 segment on Saturday morning Joe. You gave a great interview! I have it on tape - if you don't already have it I'll get it to you.
Best,
Jack
Old 03-27-2004, 05:28 PM
joshc
Instructor

Default Re: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon (Scottsdale Jack)

The TV spot went really well, and the car looked great!!

Glad to see the promotion is getting out to the masses!! Good Job.

Josh

Quick Reply: Corvettes Against Cancer Update...comming to the small screen soon