Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 10:24 AM
SNTFCE
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX

I posted the below in the C6 section and was advised that I should post in her fir a better response. Any additional information will be appreciated (the feedback I have already received has been very informative and helpful).

We have recently relocated to Houston, TX from Mid-Missouri and thus lost my dealer (I prefer to have my cars serviced where I purchase). For those of you that live (or lived) in Houston, please help me out by advising on which dealer has provided you the best service and price on previous new vette purchases (or who should I avoid if no positive experience). We purchased in the champions and I would prefer a dealer closer to the north/northwest area (although a dealer with great customer service would be worth a moderate drive if necessary).

I am looking to purchase during the summer and would rather not give my money to a dealer that does not support their customer after a sale.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:12 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Default Re: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX (SNTFCE)

Sorry, I don't have recommendation for Chevy dealer in Houston area. However, DO NOT GO TO BILL HEARD CHEVROLET!!!. I have nothing but crappy service from them. They put over 100 miles on my C5 when it was in there for service 2 years ago. :mad :mad :mad

If I didn't keep my cool, I would have been in jail for running them over when I picked my car up. :lol: :lol: :lol: Needless to say, I haven't been back there since. :nono: :nono: :nono:
Old 01-26-2004, 08:47 AM
calvin2093
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09-'12

I recommend Mac Haik Chevrolet at Katy Freeway and Kirkwood. They have been around a long time and have a great reputation for their service department. The Sales Manager is John Stephenson who is accepting orders on C6. The deposit is either $500 or $1000. They will not mark up the price on the C6, and will sell it for MSRP.

:)

[Modified by calvin2093, 8:47 AM 1/26/2004]
Old 01-26-2004, 09:26 AM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Although I've gotten several decent deals from Bill Heard, I will never buy there again due to their service department. It is the worst I have ever seen. Landmark sales department has a fairly bad reputation but I've found that if you just work the deal you can come out ok. And from what I've heard their service department is ok. Haven't really dealt with any other Chevy dealers in Houston on Vettes as they don't seem to have much Vette allocation.

[Modified by Corvette SSX, 8:27 AM 1/26/2004]
Old 01-30-2004, 01:12 PM
KKu77
Racer

I bought mine at Westside Chevrolet in Katy since it has a lower tax rate. As far as service goes, I only go to Mak Haik and have no reason to go anywhere else since their service is great.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:45 PM
MC TORCH RED
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX (KKu77)

:thumbs:
Old 01-30-2004, 05:42 PM
gonbad
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX (MC TORCH RED)

I lived in Houston at the time I purchased my 98 C5. You will not find a decent deal at dealerships that will have a large allocation of cars. Bill Heard and Landmark (Landshark) are owned by the same group and use the same sales tactics. I would expect to see 10,000-15,000 over sticker on C6's in Houston.

You will be much better served to order a car from one of the forum dealers and have it delivered in Houston, go pick it up or do a museum delivery.

I purchased my car from Les Stanford in Michigan for 1000 under MSRP in August of 1997 and did the museum delivery. Very cool experience the museum delivery would do it everytime.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:14 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,125 Likes on 562 Posts

Default Re: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX (KKu77)

I bought mine at Westside Chevrolet in Katy since it has a lower tax rate.
Sorry, but the tax rate on cars is the same everywhere in Texas - 6.25%. The local embellishments are waived on cars.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:54 PM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX (gonbad)

I lived in Houston at the time I purchased my 98 C5. You will not find a decent deal at dealerships that will have a large allocation of cars. Bill Heard and Landmark (Landshark) are owned by the same group and use the same sales tactics. I would expect to see 10,000-15,000 over sticker on C6's in Houston.

You will be much better served to order a car from one of the forum dealers and have it delivered in Houston, go pick it up or do a museum delivery.

I purchased my car from Les Stanford in Michigan for 1000 under MSRP in August of 1997 and did the museum delivery. Very cool experience the museum delivery would do it everytime.

:iagree: I agree with Gonbad. I'd buy out of state and then have the car shipped back. You will find a better deal that way.

Old 02-01-2004, 11:51 AM
SNTFCE
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX (C5Longhorn)

I appreciate the advice, but please bear with me for moment as I am from a smaller town and used to that mentality at dealerships. So if I understand properly it would be a collective opinoin that I should purchase from someone outside of Houston and have delivered here (planned museum delivery anyway). My concern lies in the fact that I am requesting a dealership that did not sell me the car to service it (not the thing to do in a small town). In this larger city do the dealership service departments not care where it was purchased and provide the same level of service no matter the purchase location (just looking for opinoins). Thanks again to all who have responded.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

This service question comes up often. My answer always is, would you be afraid to move to a different city because you might not get service on your car when you move? Why would a dealer turn down your money? It's as green as everyone elses. This has never been a concern of mine and never will be. Buy where you want. You'll get service.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 PM
C6 NOIR
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'07-'08-'09

In this larger city do the dealership service departments not care where it was purchased and provide the same level of service no matter the purchase location (just looking for opinoins). Thanks again to all who have responded.
The dealer that has gained my trust and serviced both my C5's as well as my Silverado could care less that i'd purchased both from another dealer. :cheers:
Old 02-02-2004, 06:32 PM
gonbad
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like I said I purchased the car from out of state and did the museum delivery.

After getting the car back to Houston I encountered a severe transmission problem that took some effort on my part and the dealership to get resolved. The problem was by no means the dealerships fault. They were as interested in getting it resolved as I was. It never came up that I had not purchased the car from them. This dealership performed all the warranty work on on my C5. I never had any issue about where the car was purchased. The only comments I got were about the museum delivery sticker in the door. If I still lived in Houston I would happily return there for dealership required repairs. This dealership was Courtesy Chevrolet on I-10 just outside the LOOP.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:28 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX (gonbad)

I think you have the right idea wanting to develop a relationship with a dealer. I am fortunate that I got to know the owner of a dealer in town, and have now bought 11 cars from him in the past nine years. They take GREAT care of me. I don't know that they are really any better than any other dealer, but my loyalty has definitely been rewarded by what they will do for me in return.

I can't stand Bill Heard or Landmark because they use unethical sales tactics. But I will say Landmark has good service on Corvettes. Likewise, a friend has had good luck with Lone Star's service.

My two favorite dealers are Robbins in Humble - this is who I referred to above. I deal with Bill Robbins there. Champions in LaPorte is also pretty good - the GM is my neighbor, and he really believes in taking care of the customer (his name is Ken Penrose). Unfortunately, these dealers don't get the allocations the bigger dealers get.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX

Quick Reply: Where to purchase a C6 in Houston, TX