Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Mechanics/shops in OKC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 01:19 PM
_freakmonkeydogboy_
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Mechanics/shops in OKC?

Can anyone recommend any mechanics/shops in OKC for C4s and older?
Old 10-31-2023, 09:29 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 247 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I hope someone else will chime in with other suggestions, but I've tried four (4) shops in the OKC area over the past five years area, with mixed results. Sadly, there are no dedicated corvette shops in the OKC area to my knowledge and my experience is with C-1's and C-2's only.

I had a very bad experience with a shop in north Edmond (Street Mod Restorations) who really screwed up an EPAS installation on my 62 Corvette, which had to be fixed by another shop. After my experience I wouldn't trust them to do anything. Which is a shame.

The shop who fixed the botched EPAS install is called "Chevy's-R-US" (Edmond) and they specialize in Tri-five Chevrolet's. They are very old school, but have handled anything I've asked them to do. They are a Father and son team and are good mechanics, but their shop belies their talent. It's just an old metal building on the fathers property, that's stuffed with car parts and car memorabilia....sort of trip back in to the 60's. The just completed a body off restoration on a customers 1962 and are in the middle of a 1958 restomod project as well, plus restorations on several older rare cars.

In downtown OKC is Loomis Automotive. They have years of experience with corvettes and have a new shop. They did good work on my first 62.

The key I've found is finding a shop who can do what they promise and both shops mentioned above will.......unlike SMR.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:23 AM
_freakmonkeydogboy_
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info, I guess knowing which shops NOT to go to is just as good a finding one to go to :-)
Old 10-31-2023, 02:51 PM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 247 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by _freakmonkeydogboy_
Thanks for the info, I guess knowing which shops NOT to go to is just as good a finding one to go to :-)

Absolutely! Depending on where you live in the metro area, I would try Loomis Automotive 1st. Joe Loomis is a very knowledgeable guy and his work has always been good. He always had a vette or two in his shop 5-6 years ago. I need to drop in and say hello to him again.
Old 11-22-2023, 04:10 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Swing by Vintage Connection and talk with Chris Campbell. 100 NE 50th Street. Its a real low key building but you will be amazed at what's inside most of the time.

The following users liked this post:
rayvaflav (11-30-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Mechanics/shops in OKC?

Quick Reply: Mechanics/shops in OKC?