Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

TX dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:59 AM
N6GQ
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default TX dealers?

What dealers in TX a have the best selection, support and pricing? I’m in both Houston and DFW areas and am ready to begin the look or order process. 2018 or 19 ZO6 coupe..

Ive visited a few but so far not many that knowledgeable about corvettes.

Thanks...
Old 07-02-2018, 09:48 AM
Gvnski
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by N6GQ
What dealers in TX a have the best selection, support and pricing? I’m in both Houston and DFW areas and am ready to begin the look or order process. 2018 or 19 ZO6 coupe..

Thanks...
Try Jerry's GM in Weatherford, See Michael Baird. I highly Recommend!

Last edited by Gvnski; 07-02-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:06 AM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

Stay away from both Classic Cheverolets in the greater Houston area. Lone Star Chevrolet kind of sucks too, but not as bad.

I'd buy from a forum dealer and tell them you'll take your courtesy delivery in the same area. But, make them stand by it. My delivery was a sour one, car interior was mistreated and I had to fight for my door plates (courtesy delivery dealer said they belonged to them since I upgraded).
Old 07-02-2018, 11:39 AM
NickMongo
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks...
I live in DFW metroplex and I found the best new car dealership to be MacMulkin Corvette of New Hampshire. Nobody in DFW could come close to the price of MacMulkin, Kerbeck or Criswell even after you toss in Intercity shipping. For service, I've been happy with Stonebriar Chevrolet.
The following users liked this post:
N6GQ (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 12:46 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

I bought my C6 from Macmulkin and will be ordering my C7 when Elkhart Lake Blue can be ordered in August. Not sure what you are looking for trim/option wise, but Vandergriff Chevy in Arlington has some 2019 1LT coupes for almost 13% off MSRP.
N6GQ (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Never Settle
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Couldn't beat MacMulkin for me.. San Antonio dealers couldn't even touch em.. I tried locally, Houston, DFW.. just didn't work out quite as easy as MM. If another Vette is in my future.. its probably gonna be MM.
N6GQ (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,937 Likes on 3,001 Posts

I use Huffines Chevrolet in Lewisville, TX and they've been good to me.
N6GQ (08-03-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 05:01 PM
ram_g
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree that no dealer in Houston or Dallas comes close to the big forum dealers for price and selection; however be aware that as discussed here a few times, Texas lemon laws only apply to cars purchased from an in-state dealer. Now the probability of having to lemon-law a car is pretty small, so that may or may not be an issue for you.

I bought my car from a small dealer just outside Houston, Finnegan Chevrolet GMC of Rosenberg. I got a smoking deal because it was a left over new 2016 that I bought in November 2017, but I doubt that they do that kind of deal normally. Also they're so small that I wouldn't take my car to them for service. So far I've had good luck on that front with MacHaik Chevrolet on I10 - ask for Duy Nguyen in service.
N6GQ (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 06:50 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 158 Posts

I live in Houston and bought mine at Huffines near Plano. They had a good selection of inventory and came with in a couple hundred bucks of the big NE dealers when factoring in shipping. Kerbeck was really great to deal with but I had a bad experience with MacMulkin. As far as Houston dealerships I had the best experience at Parkway but they didn't have a car with the build I wanted.
N6GQ (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 11:51 AM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Bought mine at Lonestar Chevrolet near Houston but didn’t get a good deal at all but wanted to buy my car at the time ( it was January 2014). If I had it do over again, I would have bought elsewhere ( from a forum dealer) and had it shipped here to Texas. I over paid ( a lot) and could have had exactly what I wanted for a cheaper price than what I paid for my car at Lonestar. Also, I knew more about the c7 Corvette than my salesman did !

Last edited by AttyVette; 08-03-2018 at 11:53 AM.
N6GQ (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 03:59 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Lewis Chevrolet in Canton routinely sells its Corvettes at their cost...of course you have to order the car, since they don't stock them. Lewis has been in business forever, and sells pickups, etc. to the area farmers. Many years ago (30+) they got in the habit of selling all vehicles at their cost (net of dealer rebates), with zero negotiations on price. As a consequence, they do not employ any sales people, thus eliminating the sales overhead.

As background, virtually every new car dealer "breaks even" in the new car sales portion of their businesses...thus, the profit they make on the sale of a car only covers the payroll cost and other costs of having a sales function. Lewis figured that out and simply eliminated the entire sales force, thus allowing them to accomplish the same "break even" financial result.

Every buyer in their market brought their vehicles back for servicing - which is where all the money is made.

Of course, their location (Canton) is about 60 miles east of Dallas, and thus not convenient for after-sale warranty and similar services for DFW area customers' new cars. But so what? Whenever I buy a new car, it is with the knowledge that I'll take my new car to the most convenient, reputable dealer anyway.

My $0.02 worth.

The Lizzard
N6GQ (08-03-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

I've had great success in dealing with the Fleet Department at Classic Chevy in Grapevine/DFW Area, it's The Thompson Group at Classic Chevy: http://www.classicfleet.com

They sponsor the Lone Star Corvette Club - ask for Jason Foshea. The guy is a rock star! My VP and I bought 4 vehicles from him within a week...easy/peasy and great prices/service!!

Last edited by Captain Buddha; 08-13-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:49 AM
melthom
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist

Default Corvette Sales

Thanks...
Call COVERT Chevrolet in Bastrop Texas. Speak ONLY to Rox (he is the owner). I hope he is still there. He used to make some really really good deals...

Old 08-22-2018, 07:44 AM
SMT1004
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by NickMongo
I live in DFW metroplex and I found the best new car dealership to be MacMulkin Corvette of New Hampshire. Nobody in DFW could come close to the price of MacMulkin, Kerbeck or Criswell even after you toss in Intercity shipping. For service, I've been happy with Stonebriar Chevrolet.
Another DFW location here, used MacMulkin for same reasons originally quoted.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:35 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by melthom
Call COVERT Chevrolet in Bastrop Texas. Speak ONLY to Rox (he is the owner). I hope he is still there. He used to make some really really good deals...
We have bought seven new Corvettes from Rox (and Laurie), every one was the best deal in the state!
Old 08-23-2018, 06:40 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

MacMulkin

Get notified of new replies

To TX dealers?

Quick Reply: TX dealers?