Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Storage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Duntov
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Storage?

If you can't keep your car at home, where do you keep it? I'm running low on space to be able to work on one of my cars, and am thinking about relocating it from its current location to someplace else. The wife is currently refusing to have her car outside for another corvette to be in the garage.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:41 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Time for a new wife......
Old 10-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Kelly.s
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Try the airport hangers. They fit real easy under a high wing plane. The guy with the hanger is often glad to have someone share the rent and an upscale car owner makes a good roommate because he doesn't want his plane scratched. Planes are very fragile.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:57 PM
Duntov
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 60 Posts

Didn't the FAA change rules recently about only planes being stored in hangers? Pretty sure they decided that the airport wanted federal funding they could not allow motor sports activities on the runway/taxi ways. Been around planes most of my life, and until I turned 20 had only missed 2 Oshkosh air shows (EAA).

The wife stays. She's the only one that will put up with me. When shopping for engagement rings, she picked a smaller diamond. Threw a 2 ct rock on, and she said it was too big.

I need enough space to put an engine in. The car is offsite currently and the engine is in my garage. Still debating options, and hoping to get room freed up where the car is now.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Duntov
Didn't the FAA change rules recently about only planes being stored in hangers? Pretty sure they decided that the airport wanted federal funding they could not allow motor sports activities on the runway/taxi ways. Been around planes most of my life, and until I turned 20 had only missed 2 Oshkosh air shows (EAA).

The wife stays. She's the only one that will put up with me. When shopping for engagement rings, she picked a smaller diamond. Threw a 2 ct rock on, and she said it was too big.

I need enough space to put an engine in. The car is offsite currently and the engine is in my garage. Still debating options, and hoping to get room freed up where the car is now.
I will have to look in to that, thanks for the info.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:22 AM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

I know this is a long way from you but check it out. Maybe there is something similar closer to you.

http://dallascarstorage.com/

Get notified of new replies

To Storage?

Quick Reply: Storage?