Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Moving to Tulsa from Houston in a few months

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 10:57 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moving to Tulsa from Houston in a few months

How is it in Tulsa? I'll be working at the Williams Tower and I'm not planning on getting into a house until a year or 2 so I can save some money and get on the lake if at all possible or get a house with land. Tired of neighborhoods with people up all around you.

Trying to talk the wife in the cheap high rise University apartments which are close to work. Any cons to this apartment complex?

Any great shops around the area or within a few hours?
My wife sells furniture, I hope there's plenty of furniture stores around Tulsa.

How is the traffic for the most part?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Jitsu
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
How is it in Tulsa? I'll be working at the Williams Tower and I'm not planning on getting into a house until a year or 2 so I can save some money and get on the lake if at all possible or get a house with land. Tired of neighborhoods with people up all around you.

Trying to talk the wife in the cheap high rise University apartments which are close to work. Any cons to this apartment complex?

Any great shops around the area or within a few hours?
My wife sells furniture, I hope there's plenty of furniture stores around Tulsa.

How is the traffic for the most part?
Greetings. Traffic isn't too bad in Tulsa. If you're used to Houston traffic you'll probably think it's nothing here. I work in downtown Tulsa and familiar with the Williams building.

I don't know much about University Club apartments but it's a cool building that has been around a long time. It's one of the few high-rise apartment building you'll find here. Another that is more in downtown is Central Park apartments.

There are quite a few furniture stores here for your wife to look for employment. Utica Square is a nice area with upscale shopping, Starbucks, etc.

Skiatook Lake is one of the cleaner lakes in the area and isn't too far from Tulsa. Keystone is also close and I think is a bit larger but the water is usually brown while Skiatook's is not. Grand Lake is nice and is much larger but I think it's a couple hours drive from Tulsa.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:17 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks but I'm leaning towards renting a house with a garage and save some money up to get a house on the water. But there doesn't seem to be a lot of homes for sale on the lakes close to Tulsa.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 08-25-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Moving to Tulsa from Houston in a few months

Quick Reply: Moving to Tulsa from Houston in a few months