Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 03:16 PM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Default A third C7.R going to race

CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Adding American Flavor to WEC Round

Milner, Taylors to team in Corvette C7.R for Six Hours of Circuit of The Americas
•All-American lineup in lone U.S. race for FIA WEC
•Entry sponsored by Konica Minolta and Michelin

DETROIT - Corvette Racing will field a Chevrolet Corvette C7.R in the Six Hours of Circuit of The Americas on Saturday, Sept. 20 in the only race for the FIA World Endurance Championship in the U.S. The Corvette C7.R entry will have a distinctive American flavor with Tommy Milner, Jordan Taylor and Ricky Taylor teaming in the GTE Pro class at the venue in Austin, Texas.

The All-American trio will also compete in the weekend's TUDOR United SportsCar Championship round, albeit on different teams - Milner with Corvette Racing in the No. 4 Corvette C7.R as part of that series' GT Le Mans class and the Taylors in their Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype. The two-hour, 45-minute TUDOR Championship race will precede the six-hour WEC round that will offer the challenge of starting in the daylight to finish under the stars.

The TUDOR Championship, sanctioned by the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA), is North America's leading professional sports car series. The FIA WEC is a global championship that features the 24 Hours of Le Mans, sanctioned by the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO).

Konica Minolta, full-time sponsor on the No. 10 Corvette DP driven by the Taylor brothers will co-sponsor the WEC effort along with long-time Corvette Racing technical partner Michelin.

"Chevrolet and Corvette Racing pride themselves on competing against the best sports car manufacturers and teams in the world," said Mark Kent, Chevrolet Director of Racing. "This is a great opportunity to race in both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and FIA World Endurance Championship at Circuit of The Americas. The event will shine a spotlight on Chevrolet and the Corvette brand domestically and internationally.

"Chevrolet is fully committed to help grow the stature of sports car racing in North America," Kent continued. "It is important for us to support our partners in the TUDOR Championship as well as the FIA and ACO during one of the biggest weekend for sports car racing in North America. We greatly appreciate Konica Minolta and Michelin as without their support, this FIA WEC entry would not have been possible."
http://www.corvetteracing.com/histor.../racing6.shtml

For all of those who are on the fence about going. WEC is a 6 hour race. Included in your Circuit of the Americas ticket
Feature Races
FIA World Endurance Championship & TUDOR United Sports Car Championship

Support Races
CONTINENTAL TIRE SPORTSCAR CHALLENGE & PORSCHE GT3 CUP CHALLENGE USA BY YOKOHAMA

Friday, Sept. 19
8:00 am - 8:45 am RACE #1 - GT3 CUP
9:00 am -10:00 am Practice #1 – TUDOR Championship (All Classes)
10:20 am - 11:20 am Free Practice #3 - FIA World Endurance Championship
11:35 am – 12:05 pm Pre-race Free Fan Pit Lane Walk - CTSC
12:20 pm - 2:50 pm RACE - CTSC
3:20 pm - 4:20 pm Practice #2 - TUDOR Championship (All Classes)
4:30 pm - 4:45 pm Qualifying - TUDOR Championship (GTD)
4:50 pm - 5:05 pm Qualifying - TUDOR Championship (GTLM)
5:15 pm - 5:30 pm Qualifying - TUDOR Championship (PC)
5:35 pm - 5:50 pm Qualifying - TUDOR Championship (P)
6:00 pm - 6:25 pm Qualifying - FIA World Endurance Championship (LMGTE-PRO/LMGTE-AM)
6:35 pm - 7:00 pm Qualifying - FIA World Endurance Championship (LMP1/LMP2)

Saturday, Sept 20
8:40 – 9:00 am Warm up – TUDOR (All Classes)
9:45 – 10:30 am Driver Autograph Sessions - Paddock
10:00 - 10:45 am RACE #2 - GT3 CUP
10:40 – 11:20 am FAN GRID WALK – TUDOR
12:05 - 2:50 pm Race - TUDOR United Sports Car Championship (Round 12)
3:00 – 4:30 pm Concert in the Austin 360 Amphitheater
5:00 - 11:00 pm Race - FIA World Endurance Championship
11:08 pm Post-race Fan Track Invasion

Schedule subject to change.
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/wectudor/schedule

Corvette Corral Past Events 2014

Sebring 2014

Sebring 2014 Corral events in BOLD

Road America 2014

Road America 2014 Corral events in RED

I cant find my 2013 COTA Corvette Corral Bulletin. I have not been able to find this information online before the race. The Corral has many events planned during the two days including: raffles, presentations, autograph sessions, and much more. Raffles include, hot passes, pit lane event, signed memorabilia... too much stuff to list. Ron Fellows usually gives away a 1 or 2 day driving school class at his Spring Mountain Race Track (way above $2500) See above photographs to get an idea of the events from past Corvette Corral events.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Whoops. Bad post from my phone.

Looking forward to the race.

Last edited by Cozmo; 08-14-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:46 PM
no cigar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm thinking about attending however I was wondering if there is any type of official schedule posted or itinerary for the Corvette Corral?
Old 08-25-2014, 06:42 PM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by no cigar
I'm thinking about attending however I was wondering if there is any type of official schedule posted or itinerary for the Corvette Corral?
I have not seen anything...but I dont know if they post it online or not. I only have past programs from other venues. If someone knows a place its posted online.....post the link or image.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:38 PM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by no cigar
Not the Corvette Corral:http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...lySchedule.pdf

Car Corral Parade Laps Friday September 19, 2014 @ 14:55

Just buy your tickets and go its a great time. This year I am staying for the 6 hour FIA WEC race (already included the the ticket price) since the C7.R test corvette will be racing. It will be a long day at the track should be a blast.

Get notified of new replies

To A third C7.R going to race

Quick Reply: A third C7.R going to race