Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Knight Performance Testimonials

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 01:59 PM
mjoacim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knight Performance Testimonials

Anyone have any first hand experience with these guys in the Houston area? kpracing.com It seems they have a couple LS7 builds under their belts and when I stopped by, they had some very nice, healthy, higher end cars sitting around and a very nice facility. I'm looking to have a few adjustments made to my car and not sure if I want to keep down the same path I normally take. Not that I have any issues with who has done my work, just exploring options as any informed consumer should.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I havent had any work done by them but I met the guys at the recent wannagofast event and they seemed like good people. Have also been to their shop and it always looks clean and organized. I'm also considering them for tuning my ride. Please post up if you get some first hand experience
Old 07-23-2014, 09:18 AM
mjoacim
Racer

Well, after speaking with them and being told they didn't need my cam specs to tune the car properly, that it can be pretty much figured out during tuning, I'm out. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard from someone who knew enough about a car to know that one can be tuned.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM
xtc4us
Racer

Very good bunch over there. Joe is probably one of the best tuners in the Houston Area. The shop is top notch and always clean. What I like about KP Racing is that they keep you updated every step of the way with emails, pictures, and phone calls. They have a lot of heavy hitters using them right now.

Sorry that it didn't work out.

Who by name did you talk to?
Old 07-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

OP: Check out http://www.510racingllc.com/ for your tuning needs, I am very happy with their work, also right next to them is VZ Autoworks http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...all-texas.html
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 AM
mjoacim
Racer

Originally Posted by xtc4us
Very good bunch over there. Joe is probably one of the best tuners in the Houston Area. The shop is top notch and always clean. What I like about KP Racing is that they keep you updated every step of the way with emails, pictures, and phone calls. They have a lot of heavy hitters using them right now.

I absolutely in no way meant anything I said about my visit overe there as a personal or even professional attack. I'm sure they have a great success rate and run a tight ship. For me and what I'm looking for, doesn't require someone who's surpassing everyone in their field. I just want someone who's gonna take a little time and make sure my car gets taken care of. I know what I need/want within a 95% certainty level, I just need someone to help guide me.

Who I spoke to should be obvious if you've ever done business with them. I don't want to say any names in fear of looking like a jerk, time wasting non-customer. The person I spoke with was very nice and attentive. It's all about gut feeling for me and it just wasn't there. That's all.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:49 AM
mjoacim
Racer

Originally Posted by Gering
OP: Check out http://www.510racingllc.com/ for your tuning needs, I am very happy with their work, also right next to them is VZ Autoworks http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...all-texas.html
I actually stopped by and had a chat with Matt yesterday at VZ. Very nice guy and took all the time in the world to talk to me. That's always appreciated and I think when a customer actually stops by and inquires about work, it helps the shop take the customer a bit more serious. Maybe it's just me. Matt graciously put a quote together and sent it to me yesterday afternoon. After talking to him and reviewing what it's likely to cost, I'm thinking they're more than capable of handling the task.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Mike Farris
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

510 moved to Spring a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they are up and running again.

Does VZ do tuning or are they farming it out?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 AM
mjoacim
Racer

They are absolutely doing tuning in house.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:27 AM
ultradriver10000
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xtc4us

I've had KP do work on my C5, they are honest and great guys. They will let you know straight up exactly what is going on. They know cars and they know what they are doing. Joe is hands down one of the best in the industry for tuning. I would 100% recommend anyone to these guys.

Greg Good does a lot of the head work for them and KILLS it. Look up some of his viper head work its amazing. I'll probably have a heads /cam set up from them on my GTS before long.

I normally don't bash but 510 doesn't have their **** together. They use EFI live for tuning and if you want any semi complex multi tunes on a stock ECU they suggest using handheld tuners to swap tunes rather then a toggle switch with adjusted tunes in the stock ecu.

They also though my new motor with a windage tray clearance issue was bad and were trying to get me to pull the motor to take it down rather then just spacing the sub frame and checking it. (2 hour job for anyone that knows what they are doing.)

In my eyes KP>LMR>510-Serious Hp-Fastlane-who ever

Haven't dealt with England green but I've heard good things.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Sled Driver
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

England Green is GTG. Good group of guys over there who know their stuff. They don't just tune on the dyno either, they do street tunes which a lot of guys in the area don't take the time to do.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mjoacim
I actually stopped by and had a chat with Matt yesterday at VZ. Very nice guy and took all the time in the world to talk to me. That's always appreciated and I think when a customer actually stops by and inquires about work, it helps the shop take the customer a bit more serious. Maybe it's just me. Matt graciously put a quote together and sent it to me yesterday afternoon. After talking to him and reviewing what it's likely to cost, I'm thinking they're more than capable of handling the task.

Good Luck Sir!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

ultradriver10000: Thanks for the info Sir.

Get notified of new replies

To Knight Performance Testimonials

Quick Reply: Knight Performance Testimonials