Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

VZ Autoworks

Old 07-16-2014, 12:38 PM
FireGS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VZ Autoworks

So many of you probably dont know (i didnt) 510 Race Engineering is moving to a new location. VZ Autoworks opened on JAN 1 '14 taking over the large building of 510. VZ Autoworks is Victor Sellens who was the head technician at Corvette Houston for over 10 years and Matt Shutt who was Parts Department Manager at Corvette Houston for a few years. And a few others employees i had never met before.

I will more than likely be parting with my Vette so i have decided to return it to stock. 510 had installed my Pfadt headers and did a dyno tune a few months ago. As always they did great work.

I had called last week made a appoinment with VZ Autoworks to have them do the swap for me. Yesterday i went in to have the stock exhaust reinstalled on the car. i showed up just a few mins before my appoinment. they got the car up on a lift right away and in a few hours had completed the switch. shop was very clean and organized which made me feel comfortable. they had atleast 7 other very nice c5s & c6s there along with a few camaros and firebirds, also a 55 chevy and a wicked lil turbo cadillac.

I would highly recommend VZ Autoworks to anyone who is looking for a quality shop in the Houston area to have maintenance or performance work done on your modern GM vehicle. The guys are real gear heads and aren't there to make a quick buck or screw someone over they love what they do and they are good at it. It's hard to find a good shop like this these days.

Oh they did mention they offer a mobil 1 oil change on any vette or camaro for only $65

back to stock
Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 PM
mjoacim
Racer

I think I saw a black vert with yellow accents and their name along the bottom of the door on the cruise from Houston to College Station last Saturday. Didn't get a chance to chat with the guy as there was a ton of people but, it looked like a nice car with some tasteful mods.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:11 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that was me & wife in the shop car. since you didnt get a chance to talk to me now you have to swing by the shop and say hi.

Thank you Fire GS, sorry to see it go back to stock, but glad we could help you.

Our 700hp supercharged road race ready 2011 C6 vert.
custom ground cam, ARH headers, eforce supercharger, pfadt johnny oconnell stage 1 suspension package, DBA rotors, EBC pads, SS brake lines, dewitts radiator w/spal fans, edelbrock high volume water pump

Old 07-16-2014, 01:33 PM
mjoacim
Racer

Were you the fella standing in front of me in line at the restaurant while me, the fiance and two buddies were cracking on the liberals?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mjoacim
Were you the fella standing in front of me in line at the restaurant while me, the fiance and two buddies were cracking on the liberals?
no i hate all politicians on both sides

i think we were like 3rd in line, one of the first in our group to get our food.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:04 PM
EOD_Tech Infidel
Racer

good times
Old 07-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I think I saw a black vert with yellow accents and their name along the bottom of the door on the cruise from Houston to College Station last Saturday. Didn't get a chance to chat with the guy as there was a ton of people but, it looked like a nice car with some tasteful mods.

I saw that car there a few weeks ago, very nice color scheme.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree they are a great shop - http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...post1587376942

Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 PM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Victor and Matt run a top notch shop - best in Houston
Old 07-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvee
Victor and Matt run a top notch shop - best in Houston
It's a good group of guys down there.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Impulse20098
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Before I took my car there I had some people saying bad things and talking negative about 510 and vz. I went against their advice and I'm glad I did. Their prices were great along with the work that they did to my car. They have a clean shop and are very friendly. They were very patient working on my car dealing with a certain exhaust company also.

Then they sent it across the street to tune it and I must say the car pulls pretty damn hard. Smooth throughout the rpms.

Easy group of people to talk to and very informative. Will be taking the car back soon for more power.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Impulse20098
Before I took my car there I had some people saying bad things and talking negative about 510 and vz. I went against their advice and I'm glad I did. Their prices were great along with the work that they did to my car. They have a clean shop and are very friendly. They were very patient working on my car dealing with a certain exhaust company also.

Then they sent it across the street to tune it and I must say the car pulls pretty damn hard. Smooth throughout the rpms.

Easy group of people to talk to and very informative. Will be taking the car back soon for more power.
I do not know how anybody could say negative things about Victor, he is this easiest person to deal with and is very honest.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 AM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

I would have to think it was negative things about 510, since VZ Autoworks just opened. but its very rare to ever here anything negative about 510. you always have a few who are just never satisfied though.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
I would have to think it was negative things about 510, since VZ Autoworks just opened. but its very rare to ever here anything negative about 510. you always have a few who are just never satisfied though.

Both my experiences with 510/VZ were great. Matt and Victor are knowledgeable, trustworthy people I wouldn't hesitate to take my car to again.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:00 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06

Both my experiences with 510/VZ were great. Matt and Victor are knowledgeable, trustworthy people I wouldn't hesitate to take my car to again.
Maxx when are you rnew wheels getting here??????????????? come on allready i wanna see it. wish i didnt see it over at Richey Collision, now i cant wait to see it finished.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
Maxx when are you rnew wheels getting here??????????????? come on allready i wanna see it. wish i didnt see it over at Richey Collision, now i cant wait to see it finished.
CCW's are here waiting on Michelin Pilot Sport Cups to come in next week. I should have it done by Coffee and Cars next month. Here's my current progress.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...widebooty.html

Get notified of new replies

To VZ Autoworks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VZ Autoworks