Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Bad service at 510 Race Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Bad service at 510 Race Engineering

I swapped pulleys on the procharger and added meth for the Wannagofast race this weekend in Austin and needed a retune. Called 510, explained what I needed done and made arrangement to drop the car off Tuesday. Since I didnt get to talk to Matt the tuner I left a sheet with what changes I made and the other little things like a new MAP sensor and shift point adjustments. JR says it will be done that afternoon, around 3 he calls back and says they need to keep it overnight but will definitely be done tomorrow.

Wednesday afternoon rolls around and I get another call where JR tells me nothing is done and it was more work than expected. Due to their relocating they could get me to me in several weeks to a month when the new shop is complete. They had my sheet of changes/requests and must not have even looked at it Tuesday when they promised that the car would be done Wednesday. Their poor planning wasted 2 days of my time when I could have buttoned up things for the 1/2 mile race and was hugely inconvenient.

Hopefully this was an isolated incident but I'm more than a little pissed off that I have to put the car back to how it was when it was last tuned and miss out on that HP for the race. If they had been up front with me from the start I could have gotten the retune somewhere else and saved myself a lot of work.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 AM
ultradriver10000
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah this place has done some good work, but they also are not the best. I had some issues with them.

Quick Reply: Bad service at 510 Race Engineering