Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

New South Austin Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 01:21 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,342 Likes on 885 Posts

I would be interested in a joint Austin/ San Antonio event.

What about trying to organize something in New Branfuels or San Marcos. Perhaps at the Buc-ees on I-35 or at the outlet malls.

equal distance between Austin and San Antonio would give a better chance of drawing a decent crowd.

Subscribed for updates.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:32 AM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RussM05
Mark can come if he brings Jean too.
so i can show up in a honda as long as she's with me? the honda is for sale... both of them.

I say get with who ever owns the property now and see if we can fire oak hill back up again. oak hill was a nice spot for many years, heck i remember hanging out until 11pm and there was still 20 muscle cars in the parking lot. 7pm the entire bottom half of the old albertsons parking lot was full. I dont recall one time where people were acting a fool and the cars were run out by police. I believe it died out because cabellas was new and people were starting to go there instead. now cabellas is the same ole rat rods and 5th gen camaros

Last edited by MarkRx; 07-07-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:56 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hayes county cops seem to keep the Cabelas crowd in-line. I used to see expensive cars at the Oak Hill Y-meet since SW and Cody (?) would bring theirs. I haven't seen anything too expensive at Cabelas. SA crew wouldn't even have to step foot in Travis county for it.

When I live in WilCo I used to see tons of kids at the events up north. Not so much at the ones I've been to down south.

Last edited by ysb02; 07-07-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
I would be interested in a joint Austin/ San Antonio event.

What about trying to organize something in New Branfuels or San Marcos. Perhaps at the Buc-ees on I-35 or at the outlet malls.

equal distance between Austin and San Antonio would give a better chance of drawing a decent crowd.

Subscribed for updates.
That's sound like a great idea..... Not sure about Buc-ees though. With it being a travel stop that place is ALWAYS packed and we may add to the conjestion there....
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,014 Likes on 365 Posts

Can we focus on a South Austin met up like the title says, OK?
Old 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Can we focus on a South Austin met up like the title says, OK?
Sorry... didn't mean to hijak the thread.... We'll move this onto our own thead......
Old 07-08-2014, 02:37 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

No offense taken. Buc-ee's may be a good spot, too.

The Buc-ee's in New Braunfels is 58 miles from Bee Caves. Not exactly close.

I was looking to start up a meet for the South Austin owners in the Lakeway, Bee Caves, Dripping Springs, Circle C, and other south & west Austin area within ~10 mile area.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Azriel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I work at the Firehouse Subs in South Austin. I couldn't organize an official meet in the parking lots because I don't have contact with the landlord, but I know I'd love the extra business. There's a pizza place next door (Double Dave's) that serves beer, a Frozen Yogurt place (Yoway), Firehouse, Torchy's Tacos, Panda Express, Kerby Lane, all right there.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:09 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Azriel
I work at the Firehouse Subs in South Austin. I couldn't organize an official meet in the parking lots because I don't have contact with the landlord, but I know I'd love the extra business. There's a pizza place next door (Double Dave's) that serves beer, a Frozen Yogurt place (Yoway), Firehouse, Torchy's Tacos, Panda Express, Kerby Lane, all right there.
Where exactly?
Old 07-13-2014, 04:45 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

He's talking about the SW corner of mopac and william cannon. it's tucked behind torchys tacos, connects to the chuys, costco, mandolas parking lot etc. there's some space over there. it would be similiar to the old circuit city plot in round rock back in the day. Firehouse has good subs. When I went in someone would always comment on my vette :P
Old 07-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Azriel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MarkRx
He's talking about the SW corner of mopac and william cannon. it's tucked behind torchys tacos, connects to the chuys, costco, mandolas parking lot etc. there's some space over there. it would be similiar to the old circuit city plot in round rock back in the day. Firehouse has good subs. When I went in someone would always comment on my vette :P
That's the place. Might have been me, I always try to be social and cars are easy for me to talk about.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:05 PM
C8gman
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts

I like the idea. I am a lifetime South Austin guy and a vette owner since '98. Something vette specific and South would get me out.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM
roscoe118
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know there are many fine Corvette owners in south Austin who will behave appropriately and I suggested a new meeting place in the Hill Country Galleria. I saw open area near Whole Foods/ Dick's Sporting / Mimi's so I am suggesting we meet there and see how it goes.
Too far away for me...

Actually "Russ", the Hill Country Galleria is not exactly "south" Austin. More like "west" Austin! I'd love to see a meet there, but the MoPac/William Cannon site is more accurately south Austin. If you want a larger group that is probably a better site. It's about as far as I'm willing to drive for a Saturday evening meet.

I'm not advocating either location, and would much prefer it occur at The Galleria, but at either site it would be wise to try and talk to the owner or manager of the property, just to be certain that they have no issue with a car meet there.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Azriel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by roscoe118
Too far away for me...

Actually "Russ", the Hill Country Galleria is not exactly "south" Austin. More like "west" Austin! I'd love to see a meet there, but the MoPac/William Cannon site is more accurately south Austin. If you want a larger group that is probably a better site. It's about as far as I'm willing to drive for a Saturday evening meet.

I'm not advocating either location, and would much prefer it occur at The Galleria, but at either site it would be wise to try and talk to the owner or manager of the property, just to be certain that they have no issue with a car meet there.

If we want to do Mopac/william cannon, I can try to contact the landlord.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:39 PM
DefMunkie
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any updates from the South Austin group on this?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 PM
Azriel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DefMunkie
Any updates from the South Austin group on this?
I haven't heard anything from anyone so I haven't bothered asking the landlord. If we want to do anything unofficial on Saturday nights, I can see about getting you guys a small discount for coming in to Firehouse.

Quick Reply: New South Austin Meet