Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

DFW: If it's spring, it must be Tulip Time (Rally)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 PM
sccarally
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DFW: If it's spring, it must be Tulip Time (Rally)

Oops, sorry. Posted twice.

Last edited by sccarally; 04-17-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:57 PM
sccarally
Instructor

Default Tulip Time Rally registration still open

Ten cars are already entered in the Tulip Time Rally this year, but only one Corvette so far. There is still time to enter by going to msreg.com/TTR14msr .

We are ready with a four-checkpoint event that should be lots of fun. The Pack Automotive Museum is ready for us to do registration, and we will end at the Black Eyed Pea in Denton. It's what's in between that will be fun.

Join us!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Christee
Instructor

I don't see a duplicate post for this and the links aren't working for me. Looks like fun but I will be out of town. I have reposted links and flier. Hope this helps.

http://texasscca.org/rallytime

Register: msreg.com/TTR14msr

Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 AM
sccarally
Instructor

Default correction

Thanks for the help, Christee. Here is what I was trying to post:

This winter has been hard across the country, even causing us to postpone a rally for the first time in years. So we are ready for images of spring, like tulips in bloom. Rallies can have "tulip instructions", so....we will use this method of defining the course again, just like we did last year.

The other difference between the Tulip Time Rally and the others we will present this year is rally timing: you are going to be timed to the second for parts of the rally. But this is easy: all you need is a watch with a second hand. (You can get a free stopwatch APP for most smartphones.) We ask you to drive a one-hour+ loop north of Denton, twice, in exactly the same time. The team that comes closest to that goal will be the winner. There will be a few sign questions that will act as tie-breakers.

Again, we are honored to be allowed into the Pack Automotive Museum in Farmers Branch for registration. This is a private collection of 100 old and significant cars, that you can enjoy during registration for the rally. It is at the corner of Diplomat Drive and Senlac Drive, found between I-35 freeway and Bush Turnpike.

The rally will be held on Saturday, May 17. Registration opens at 9am at the museum. The first car will start shortly after 10am. Cost is $20 for SCCA members, and $25 for non-members. We will end in a Denton-area restaurant for a late lunch. Preregistration is at http://msreg.us/TTR14msr . There will be a $5 late fee at registration for those who do not preregister. Those who do preregister will get the event rules via email prior to the rally. The event is open to any street-legal vehicle, and there must be two or more people old enough to read aboard. Course following will be easy, with mileages at all instructions.

We reserve the right to limit entries to 55 cars. We had 54 cars enter the last event (including 4 Corvettes), so enter early.

Join us!

Get notified of new replies

To DFW: If it's spring, it must be Tulip Time (Rally)

Quick Reply: DFW: If it's spring, it must be Tulip Time (Rally)