Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Houston thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:32 AM
techvette
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I want to organize a brewery run for sometime in October. Will make it official next week. Stay tuned...
Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by techvette
I want to organize a brewery run for sometime in October. Will make it official next week. Stay tuned...
Can i come? sold the vette , but me n the wife still love car events and car people. not much of a scene for ATS cadi's.

oh yeah guys, here is what i sold the vette to get.a '14 cadi ATS turbo. i know many of you couldnt believe i was selling the vette, but i am happy and plan in about 3 yrs to get rid of this and pick up a '15 C7 Z51. huge thnks to Justinfocusimaging for the amazing pics.
Attached Images     

Last edited by smurfkiller; 09-23-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 PM
techvette
Burning Brakes

Nice car. I am hoping to add an ATS-V to the collection after they come out. Big fan of the ATS chassis / platform.

I suppose I will make an exception for any Caddy drivers who think they can hang...
Old 09-23-2014, 03:09 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice car. I am hoping to add an ATS-V to the collection after they come out. Big fan of the ATS chassis / platform.

I suppose I will make an exception for any Caddy drivers who think they can hang...
keeping up wont be a prob, exterior visiual stuff certainly arent all i have done as far as mods go.

i didnt wanna wait any longer for the ATS-v . everytime i read somethign about they were delaying it again and the price point was going up again. i love this one. it a luxury edition so way nicer inside than the vette was (and the vette was fully loaded) and i can fit both kids in the back.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:54 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does the Vette community in Houston have any regular meets around town? I have never seen many posted outside of a random special event or what have you, but I didn't know if there was any market for a Houston GTG for this community.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by lane_change
Does the Vette community in Houston have any regular meets around town? I have never seen many posted outside of a random special event or what have you, but I didn't know if there was any market for a Houston GTG for this community.
The Kemah meet every Saturday has a pretty good turn out of Vettes.
Many meets or events aren't publicly posted because people within clubs host their own private events. In our group we have maybe 5-8 cars we occasionally get together once a month. We aren't a club or anything, just car guys who like to shoot the **** and have some drinks.

You're welcome to join in the next time we get together.
No dues necessary

Last edited by Maxx_Z06; 09-23-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:34 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Kemah is a bit of a haul for me living out by Fulshear. Wonder if there are any groups on this side of town between Sugar Land, Katy, Cypress, or West Houston.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Kemah is a bit of a haul for me living out by Fulshear. Wonder if there are any groups on this side of town between Sugar Land, Katy, Cypress, or West Houston.
I'm in the 290/cypress area and the Kemah meet is worth the drive. I try to go at least once a month. Haven't found anything worth going to in this area but open to suggestions.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:26 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,695 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 02
I'm in the 290/cypress area and the Kemah meet is worth the drive. I try to go at least once a month. Haven't found anything worth going to in this area but open to suggestions.
I'm in the same area. Sounds like we already have at least three for a local gathering (four if you count Justin).
Old 09-24-2014, 09:00 AM
mjoacim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the Heights and work in the 249/beltway area. So I'm down for SOMETHING other than the usual meatheads, mustangs, boat anchor challengers and graphic t-shirt gatherings.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:22 AM
techvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mjoacim
I live in the Heights and work in the 249/beltway area. So I'm down for SOMETHING other than the usual meatheads, mustangs, boat anchor challengers and graphic t-shirt gatherings.
I second this! I'm off of 290 between 610 and the beltway.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:19 PM
AddisonD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
The Kemah meet every Saturday has a pretty good turn out of Vettes. …
Is this an informal weekly gathering? I did a little googling and didn't turn up any references to it. I suppose if it is in Kemah it is in one of the parking lots associated with the Kemah Boardwalk. Is there a identifiable lot in which to park? The fee to park down there is about 5-7 bucks, as I recall.

thanks for any insights ~
Old 09-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Zishan
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zishan - from the Katy/Richmond area. I work off Beltway and Clay....silver Z06 (currently with black 20's, I'm sure this will be changing soon, cammed, dropped, etc, etc). Holler if you see me.

Other than that, just wanted to subscribe to this thread to get updates if/when there are meets scheduled.

- Z
Old 09-24-2014, 01:21 PM
mjoacim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second this! I'm off of 290 between 610 and the beltway.
Wait, that's where you work or live? My house is in Brookwoods between Mangum and TC Jester next to 290/610.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by AddisonD
Is this an informal weekly gathering? I did a little googling and didn't turn up any references to it. I suppose if it is in Kemah it is in one of the parking lots associated with the Kemah Boardwalk. Is there a identifiable lot in which to park? The fee to park down there is about 5-7 bucks, as I recall.

thanks for any insights ~
I doubt you will find anything about it on the web. People around the area just know it goes on. It's near Kemah but not at the actual boardwalk. Here's the actual address to it, the parking lot is a Target/Home Depot.

255 Marina Bay Dr, Clear Lake Shores, TX 77565
Old 09-24-2014, 02:01 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zishan
Zishan - from the Katy/Richmond area. I work off Beltway and Clay....silver Z06 (currently with black 20's, I'm sure this will be changing soon, cammed, dropped, etc, etc). Holler if you see me.

Other than that, just wanted to subscribe to this thread to get updates if/when there are meets scheduled.

- Z
I'd like to see about getting a meet together on the West side, perhaps near La Centerra off of 99 and Cinco Ranch. Doesn't have to be just Vette's, but has to be just nicer cars. Personally, I'd prefer the meet to be composed of people interested in racing, modifications, hp, etc...as opposed to show cars with flashing lights and and airbrush work everywhere. We would have easy access to the Westpark Tollway, 99 North, and I-10 West for a cruise/fun runs.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

C5 COTM Coordinator

I'd like to see about getting a meet together on the West side, perhaps near La Centerra off of 99 and Cinco Ranch. Doesn't have to be just Vette's, but has to be just nicer cars. Personally, I'd prefer the meet to be composed of people interested in racing, modifications, hp, etc...as opposed to show cars with flashing lights and and airbrush work everywhere. We would have easy access to the Westpark Tollway, 99 North, and I-10 West for a cruise/fun runs.
Sound like my kinda deal.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston thread

Old 09-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Zishan
Advanced

La Centerra is minutes away from me. Just let me know when and I'll definately come out.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:32 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Hell, if we can get enough people interested, we can definitely get together and meet some local guys from this area who share a similar passion for not only Vette's but cars in general. I figure Katy is between Sugar Land and Cypress all off of 99, so it is somewhat central for this side of town and like I mentioned, there is plenty of accessible roads for a fun run or what have you.

I'd like to see the Viper, GTR, Supra, or any of the other cars interested in showing up be able to join. If anyone is interested, we can meet up one evening this week just for fun and see what the facilities look like, to make sure we have a well lit area, w/o speed bumps, that can hold a mature group of car owners. I won't partake in an event that has people doing burnouts, drinking, or otherwise littering up the parking lots through immaturity or a lack of respect, but rather just a friendly get together for people in this area to hang out and meet each other. I see nice cars driving around Katy all the time and don't know many of them. We can establish a consistent meet perhaps on a Wednesday night each week and take it from there.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Zishan
Advanced

I probably won't be able to make it out every week, maybe twice a month. I can invite some friends...a few friends of mine have Lambos, turbo NSX'es, an R8, GTR, etc. etc.

Quick Reply: Houston thread