Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #23

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont like the Vert either. The Z06 is suppose to be a coupe hardtop.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
I think i might be the only C7 Z06 convertible hater. I just don't agree with having a convertible named a Z06. Why didn't they call the 427 C6 Convertibles Z06's?

I just liked how the Z06 name stuck with a hard top car.
Don't forget about the sissy automatic tranny they will offer for the Z06 too.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Toque
Then beer's are on YOU !

Old 04-17-2014, 03:11 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,191 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Gary, I found your next boat:
Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm fairly new to Texas and recently purchased my first Vette, coming over from Camaro's and still have a ZL1. I love the C7 but, I also love the supercharger on the ZL1. I decided to go with ECS and 1 7/8 ARH long tubes. I had Stephen at East Texas Muscle Cars do the install for me. Although mine was one of the cars with venting issues and a seal leak, Stephen and many other shops including ECS worked countless hours to solve this issue. I can't say enough about the professionalism and great customer service that ETMC delivered!! I picked up my newly blown C7 Sunday morning and promptly jumped on the highway for 120 mile ride home. I wanted more power and was hoping the car would be loud and holy crap, this kit and headers delivered. This thing makes some racket now and even had my wife smiling as she was following me in the ZL1. I know most will want to know numbers and Stephen will be posting a video and numbers for me. He left it on the conservative side for now and after a few months of driving, I will have him dial it in some more.

Last edited by shreded1; 04-21-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Add video link
Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Swanny
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan70
Gary, I found your next boat:
Looks like fun, but misses the main point of a boat - open air cruising!!! Climbing back in through the 'drivers door" would be a PITA after a dip to cool off!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:19 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,191 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by shreded1
I'm fairly new to Texas and recently purchased my first Vette, coming over from Camaro's and still have a ZL1. I love the C7 but, I also love the supercharger on the ZL1. I decided to go with ECS and 1 7/8 ARH long tubes. I had Stephen at East Texas Muscle Cars do the install for me. Although mine was one of the cars with venting issues and a seal leak, Stephen and many other shops including ECS worked countless hours to solve this issue. I can't say enough about the professionalism and great customer service that ETMC delivered!! I picked up my newly blown C7 Sunday morning and promptly jumped on the highway for 120 mile ride home. I wanted more power and was hoping the car would be loud and holy crap, this kit and headers delivered. This thing makes some racket now and even had my wife smiling as she was following me in the ZL1. I know most will want to know numbers and Stephen will be posting a video and numbers for me. He left it on the conservative side for now and after a few months of driving, I will have him dial it in some more.
You should bring both cars out to our gettogether sometime, we'd love to see them!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:24 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Enjoy the new power in the c7!
shreded1
Racer

I will definately do that, thanks. Unfortunately I travel alot this time of year so, I won't be able to until the end of May. I will watch to see when you guys are meeting.
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Sounds like you got some sweet rides !

Bring them out to our next GTG on Sunday evening !
Its looking like rain AGAIN this Sunday so many of us may be in our daily drivers.
Hopefully we can have a nice Sunday evening GTG soon !

Toque
Old 04-17-2014, 04:29 PM
shreded1
Racer

Originally Posted by Toque
Sounds like you got some sweet rides !

Bring them out to our next GTG on Sunday evening !
Its looking like rain AGAIN this Sunday so many of us may be in our daily drivers.
Hopefully we can have a nice Sunday evening GTG soon !

Toque
I'm very blessed to have a cool wife that likes horsepower! I have watched this thread for awhile and sounds like you have a great group of people with some sweet rides. I look forward to getting out there.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

I'm very blessed to have a cool wife that likes horsepower! I have watched this thread for awhile and sounds like you have a great group of people with some sweet rides. I look forward to getting out there.
Were a pretty casual group of guys.
Ranging from stock to over 1000HP, and everything in between.
Sounds like you will fit right in.
Were not just a bunch of guys either... Wifes, and GF's are always welcome as well.
My 9 yr old son has been to the GTG's as well on occasion.

Toque

Last edited by Toque; 04-17-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Check out our website also!

www.c2c2.org/forum

Its new so its still growing. I am new to Texas as well.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Mattie Num Nums

www.c2c2.org/forum

You did a nice job on the site too !
Thanks for that !

Toque
Old 04-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

And I thought my Z06 was low....

Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM
shreded1
Racer

www.c2c2.org/forum

Thank you, just signed up!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

http://www.c2c2.org/forum/showthread...t!&p=20#post20

Guys can you check out this link! Thanks!

If you can't see this link let me know and Ill give you access its in the private members section.

Get notified of new replies

To DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #23

Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 PM
427ZM
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I look forward to seeing both the ZL and the C7 soon! Sounds like a blast to drive!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 PM
shreded1
Racer

Originally Posted by 427ZM
I look forward to seeing both the ZL and the C7 soon! Sounds like a blast to drive!
I can't go wrong with either and my wife loves the hand me downs!! She started with a Camaro SS, now the ZL1 and in due time the C7 when I upgrade to a Z06.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

http://www.c2c2.org/forum/showthread...t!&p=20#post20

Guys can you check out this link! Thanks!

If you can't see this link let me know and Ill give you access its in the private members section.
Just tried, but the site won't let me log in.

Quick Reply: DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #23