Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Mustang Vs Anything GM Oct 5th at Texas Motorplex Auto Cross and Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 04:14 PM
TrueStreetMotorsport
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Vs Anything GM Oct 5th at Texas Motorplex Auto Cross and Drag Racing

This event is in full swing, Hope everyone is getting last min details in order, this is not a event I would think anyone would want to miss

Time For rules

Team Camaro (any car/truck powered by a chevy motor, Big block, small block, ls1,ls2,ls3,ls6,ls7,lsa ect)

Team Mustang (anycar/truck Ford Powered, big block, small block302,351,390,400,427,429,460 ect)

There are no limits on motor, nitrous, turbos, blower.
Any tire size, slick, radial, road race tires, ect
Race cars, Street cars, trucks, are all welcome

This event will be run based on time trials, Two qualifying passes with no times being showed during qualifying. All Team Camaro will qualify together and all Team Mustang will qualify together. Once Qualifying is complete for both teams there will be a small break for lunch to give us a chance to build the latter for each team.

Team Camaro
#1 Rick Forbes
#2 Brett Dickey
#3 Slo Maro (see what I did there lol)
all the way down to the slowest qualifier

Team Mustang
#1 Steve (JKD)
#2 Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
#3 Jeff (Mr internet)

Once teams are listed from quickest to slowest we will pair up the races

Race one
Rick Forbes vs Steve (JKD)
Race two
Brett Dickey Vs Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
Race three Slo Maro Vs Jeff (Mr Internet)

and so on and so forth

The key to this plateform of racing is to have as many quick cars show up as possible. Each race there will be a point giving, Team with the most points/races won at the end of the event will have bragging rights.

This format of racing has been done for over 15 years with the buick vs ford shoot out and I can tell you with all the street cars and races cars that show up, some running 15 second 1/4 miles to 8 second 1/4 miles. I will tell you the racing is close, points are always down to the wire. If you have not been to a event run like this you have to come and see. Slow cars will have other slow cars to race, fast cars will have other fast cars to race.

Time to put the key boards down, Forget about dyno slips, and run your cars, Good times ahead!!!!!

On a side note, There is a big Money race that night for TX275 drag radial, Automatic Pro Mod, Promod Motorcycle and open Test and Tune. The Texas Motorplex has told me anyone that attends Mustang Vs Camaro will be welcome to stay with no additional cost. hang out and watch and if you want run the car some more at the open test and tune..

As always Help spread the word, get as many cars for your team. This will greatly increase your odds!!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 PM
TrueStreetMotorsport
4th Gear

Ttt
Old 09-20-2013, 11:51 AM
TrueStreetMotorsport
4th Gear

Ttt
Old 09-26-2013, 11:19 AM
TrueStreetMotorsport
4th Gear

Ttt

Get notified of new replies

To Mustang Vs Anything GM Oct 5th at Texas Motorplex Auto Cross and Drag Racing

Quick Reply: Mustang Vs Anything GM Oct 5th at Texas Motorplex Auto Cross and Drag Racing