Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Experience with Corvette World in Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Patrick Ritchie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Corvette World in Austin?

I'm shopping for a used C6 and they seem to have rather nice ones there. Most are out of my price range, by they seem happy to work to help find me one.

Does anyone have any personal experience with them. Both sales and and after sales service.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Patrick Ritchie
Intermediate

No one?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:12 AM
GSoldman
Racer

i can tell you they are part of the corvette world dallas and houston. both i wil never ever do any business with again ever. the new ownership has ruined that place. my advice is go any else. used to be a decent place to go to to get parts and stuff local, fair prices and pretty decent techs in the service center. now overpriced, rude and complete idiots working on cars.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoldman
i can tell you they are part of the corvette world dallas and houston. both i wil never ever do any business with again ever. the new ownership has ruined that place. my advice is go any else. used to be a decent place to go to to get parts and stuff local, fair prices and pretty decent techs in the service center. now overpriced, rude and complete idiots working on cars.
"...other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you like the play?"
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I bought mine from the Houston location in August. Good experience over all. I bought a few accessories while I was there. I ordered a couple items also. One finally came in. The other never showed and I quit calling.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Patrick Ritchie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by firebug10
I bought mine from the Houston location in August. Good experience over all. I bought a few accessories while I was there. I ordered a couple items also. One finally came in. The other never showed and I quit calling.
Given there seems to be a premium in price on their cars, would you say it was worth it?

Give you said good experience I assume no issues with the car itself, it was as your expected?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:27 AM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Patrick Ritchie
Given there seems to be a premium in price on their cars, would you say it was worth it?

Give you said good experience I assume no issues with the car itself, it was as your expected?
I thought it was a fair price. There is always a deal out there. Some good, others not so much. I researched what I wanted and found it. I was in and out in 2 hours. Half of that time was waiting for them to replace the battery. I just shopped accessories while I was waiting. I have put about 10K miles on it in 11 months with no problems at all. I made it my daily driver and have not looked back. The car is more than I was expecting. I came from a bolt on 99 Z28, cam, exhaust and suspension. Both cars made close to the same power, but the Corvette is a different animal. Just like I was told.

Last edited by spdkilz911; 07-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:38 PM
FireGS
Racer

Originally Posted by GSoldman

I agree 100%
Old 07-27-2013, 03:11 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by firebug10
I guess we may assume that no one ever followed up with a simple phone call about the accessory you ordered....hmmm, I seem to recall a similar experience...
Old 11-19-2014, 07:01 PM
kazoo794
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased a C6 there in June 2014 nice car, flew in from Maryland, drove it back home, 6k miles later and the engine is gone. Tried to contact the dealership to get some history on the vehicle but was given the run around, by the business manager as he called himself "Corvette World, Austin", he said that it was un ethical for him to contact the previous owner and ask what was done to the engine, modification etc. Has anyone ever heard of this. He was very uncooperative, I guess out of site out of mind. Just know who you are buying from and always purchase a warranty when making any major purchase.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:29 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,356 Likes on 891 Posts

I'm shopping for a used C6 and they seem to have rather nice ones there. Most are out of my price range, by they seem happy to work to help find me one.

Does anyone have any personal experience with them. Both sales and and after sales service.

Thanks
If you're looking for alternatives try Jordan Motor Sports in San Antonio. I bought my GS from them last year. While they don't stock the amount of vettes that a corvette world does they deal in sport cars.

You didn't give a price range or what you were looking for but they have several vettes on their website.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:15 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by beepster
I guess we may assume that no one ever followed up with a simple phone call about the accessory you ordered....hmmm, I seem to recall a similar experience...
I had another negative experience since my last post (above). This past Feb I offered my C6 Callaway to them for consignment (or purchase). Inasmuch as there are so very few purebred Callaways in central TX, wouldn't you think that they would have had an interest in having the car in their showroom?? I drove down, spent a couple of hours w/ their 'manager' allowing them to evaluate and drive the car, and was promised a callback the following day as soon as the 'manager' could discuss it w/ the owner. Well, as you can guess, the callback never came. I finally gave up after repeated calls to the 'manager' went un-returned. Turns out, I was able to find my own buyer thru this forum, so they did me a favor.

The takeaway: this is no way to run a business. My personal experiences with this company seem to coincide with the reviews I've read and I will not do business with them in the future...

Last edited by beepster; 11-19-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:48 AM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I tried again to contact them on a couple service items. I have been unable to find anyone who is interested in doing some fluid changes. Received an email back quick and then nothing on the follow up questions.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:43 AM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Run Forest. .. Run...
Old 11-22-2014, 09:44 AM
CWHPARTS
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Corvette World Houston

I can't say much for the other 2 stores because we here in houston have no control over them but would be happy to change your mind about Corvette World Houston. Yes ownership has changed but so has management (at least in houston). We are trying to put together a staff with strong integrity and focus on quality customer service. Really I cannot do anything to change past history at this store, what we can do is assure you that things have changed for the better and again customer service, customer satisfaction and quality are the top priorities at Corvette World Houston. It will not be possible to make everyone happy but we are willing to do anything within reason to insure customer satisfaction. If any of you have any questions please feel free to call, pm or email us any time.

Contacts for Corvette World Houston
General Manager-Chris Tine
Service Manager-Philip Martinez

Joe Wilkie
Corvette World Houston
281-821-1222
Old 11-22-2014, 11:06 AM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Houston.... your outfit is THE WORST OF ALL... RUN AWAY..... Forrest. ..
Old 11-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Allzwell
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

I have met Chris a few times and will tell you that he is a dramatic difference from what I have seen at Corvette World in Houston before. I had only boughts some parts from there in the past and it was a chore to even do that as they seemed uniterested.

I have not bought anything from there recently so I can not attest first hand to the changes Chris has made.
I do know of two people that have boufght cars from him and feel that their deal was fair and are pleased with their vehicles. In the end what countsn is that their customer feels like they got a fair deal and were treated well.

Get notified of new replies

To Experience with Corvette World in Austin?

Old 11-22-2014, 06:50 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks
Be a little cautious of some of the responses above. Many aren't talking about the Austin location. Some of the negatives regardless of the location sound like sour grapes from an owner that couldn't get the price or "deal" they wanted. You have to remember that the shops are in business to make a living, not to cater to an owners inflated idea of what his car is worth.

I've only dealt with the Austin location for an antifreeze drain and refill. I made an appt, the drain and refill was done timely while I watched and for for less than any dealer would have charged.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

BS.. Run Forest.... there are plenty of of opportunities for you to buy cars or have your vehicles serviced. These people are not YOUR BEST BET!!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:43 PM
PMBoxcar46
Instructor

Originally Posted by haljensen
Be a little cautious of some of the responses above. Many aren't talking about the Austin location. Some of the negatives regardless of the location sound like sour grapes from an owner that couldn't get the price or "deal" they wanted. You have to remember that the shops are in business to make a living, not to cater to an owners inflated idea of what his car is worth.

I've only dealt with the Austin location for an antifreeze drain and refill. I made an appt, the drain and refill was done timely while I watched and for for less than any dealer would have charged.
Really ..... Anti freeze.... And you OWN a Corvette. .. get real... Buy a Supra..

Quick Reply: Experience with Corvette World in Austin?