Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Corvette Corral for American LeMans race at COTA

Old 09-09-2013, 11:38 PM
APACHEDR1V3R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gards1964
Really wanted to do the car corral bit but it just so confused. Plus it seemed as if stuck in the Grandstand as the only seating option. So bailed and just bought T15 tickets and regular H lot parking. Sure hope they start to get this figured out or if its figured out the communicate it clearly so we know what's going on. I really want to support this venture but what a confusing mess!
Side question: Did you get your parking passes in the mail yet?

I'm also in Lot H but no passes have come in yet other than the seat tickets last month.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 PM
VetteBoy1979
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 3-4-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09-'12

Did the Corral for the Rolex race earlier this year at COTA. Was a complete waste of money and we parked in a gravel/grass lot that coated your car in white dust. Not worth it IMO. Nothing else provided other than parking together which proved relatively pointless. Their "sales guy" is certainly out to nickel and dime you.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

Originally Posted by VetteBoy1979
Did the Corral for the Rolex race earlier this year at COTA. Was a complete waste of money and we parked in a gravel/grass lot that coated your car in white dust. Not worth it IMO. Nothing else provided other than parking together which proved relatively pointless. Their "sales guy" is certainly out to nickel and
dime you.
Those tickets didn't cost any extra for the Grand Am race.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Samas
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteBoy1979
Did the Corral for the Rolex race earlier this year at COTA. Was a complete waste of money and we parked in a gravel/grass lot that coated your car in white dust. Not worth it IMO. Nothing else provided other than parking together which proved relatively pointless. Their "sales guy" is certainly out to nickel and dime you.
The corral at the Grand-Am race wasn't an "official" corral. Corvette Racing participates in ALMS so things should be much better. At least we’ll be parking on pavement this time.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for a big disappointment, but I'm expecting something similar to the Houston ALMS races in '06 and '07 -- hospitality tent with complimentary water/soda, driver meet and greets, and presentations by various Chevy/GM folks. Hopefully, there'll even be a C7 or two on display.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Originally Posted by Samas
The corral at the Grand-Am race wasn't an "official" corral. Corvette Racing participates in ALMS so things should be much better. At least we’ll be parking on pavement this time.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for a big disappointment, but I'm expecting something similar to the Houston ALMS races in '06 and '07 -- hospitality tent with complimentary water/soda, driver meet and greets, and presentations by various Chevy/GM folks. Hopefully, there'll even be a C7 or two on display.
I'd have liked to have participated in this but as a PSL holder I was not about to buy additional tickets to do this and the rep at the time was not willing to do a deal. I was told that we would HAVE to buy the whole package regardless.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Is it too late to join in with you guys? I have about 3 cars interested in attending.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
Is it too late to join in with you guys? I have about 3 cars interested in attending.
I believe you can still get seat tickets but not sure on the corral. You'd have to call on that. otherwise we're leaving here Friday mid-morning.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:29 AM
travette
Advanced

Schedule posted
http://m.alms.com/sites/default/file...le%20final.pdf
Old 07-23-2014, 02:01 AM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

I wonder if we could have a follow up of this discussion to see: 1. How did the Corvette Corral work out last year? 2. What is planned for this year?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:37 PM
DefMunkie
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can I just get Coral parking? I'd prefer T15 seats over grandstand and don't care much for the extra stuff in the package other then the possible parade lap.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:42 AM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sdurg24
I wonder if we could have a follow up of this discussion to see: 1. How did the Corvette Corral work out last year? 2. What is planned for this year?
I'll start a new one...it was pretty cool, but not the best ever from what I read. I think in part because of the location and newness of the event. It didn't suck!!

-Doug
Old 07-26-2014, 05:50 AM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sdurg24
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...nt-austin.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Corral for American LeMans race at COTA