Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Corvette Corral for American LeMans race at COTA

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
paulo.s
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the ones that are buying corral tickets and taking respective significant other, are you buying 2 corral tickets or 1 corral + 1 regular?
Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 corral tickets. They have a section blocked off for us so if you buy a regular seat it wouldn't be next to the corral seat (though it's going to be empty enough that you can probably sit whereever you want). Also you'd need the corral ticket for the pit walk and hospitality tent and whatever else we get that's special.

Though now that I think about it, the tickets include parking and it doesn't make sense to pay twice for that.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM
paulo.s
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Lothar34
2 corral tickets. They have a section blocked off for us so if you buy a regular seat it wouldn't be next to the corral seat (though it's going to be empty enough that you can probably sit whereever you want). Also you'd need the corral ticket for the pit walk and hospitality tent and whatever else we get that's special.

Though now that I think about it, the tickets include parking and it doesn't make sense to pay twice for that.
Yeah, that's my dilemma. I may pay the extra $60 to keep things hassle free. Tried to call Jordan's number in the flyer but getting VM only.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Blue award
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been calling Jordan's number listed on the flyer for a couple of weeks now and just getting his voice mail. Today I called their main number and was told Jordan no longer works there. The person I talked to didn't know much about the corral except its in a paved lot and everyone gets to sit in the same section. No tent or anything else he knew of. After other corrals I've been to this one appears to be an after thought on their part. Hope they get better with them as the track is great.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:38 AM
APACHEDR1V3R
Instructor

It sounded like a fun idea, taking the Vette and linking up with others; instead I'm taking my truck, family, and tickets for Turn 15/Parking Lot H.

It was pretty interesting trying to get info that the COTA reps could agree on for the regular tickets, nevermind asking for the Corvette Corral. They still didn't know the planned ALMS race start times as of last week.(ALMS has had them on their website for a while now) It's probably all still too new for COTA. Then again, it's all new to me too.

Hopefully, they can get things better set in advance for next time.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Lothar34
Drifting

Originally Posted by Blue award
I've been calling Jordan's number listed on the flyer for a couple of weeks now and just getting his voice mail. Today I called their main number and was told Jordan no longer works there. The person I talked to didn't know much about the corral except its in a paved lot and everyone gets to sit in the same section. No tent or anything else he knew of. After other corrals I've been to this one appears to be an after thought on their part. Hope they get better with them as the track is great.
Try A.J. Rizzo:
A.J. Rizzo
Premium Sales Consultant
Circuit of the Americas
(512) 536-1453 – Office
Anthony.rizzo@circuitoftheamericas.com
Old 08-25-2013, 12:33 PM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Sent an email Thursday asking about one day ticket and pit pass info and no word yet. Anyone else know any details?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Tormania
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Sad to hear that the Car Corral looks like it's gonna be a giant SNAFU and not worth the hassle. Really for me the ONLY reason I would want to do the car corral was so I could drive the Vette to and from the track and avoid the free dusting you get in the normal lots. I've been waiting weeks to get the car corral tickets online but there was never any info provided online at the COTA website.

But based on what I've read here looks like a crappy package and a lot of confusion and rookie idiocy on the part of COTA. But I want a seat in T15 grandstands and I will not give that up for driving the Vette to the track, I'll just take the Vette to my local track for actual track time instead and rather take the family Infiniti to the track like I did in March for the Grand-Am race.

Who is actually responsible for organizing the car corrals anyway, is the track the final arbitrator of the corrals or is it a local sponsoring car club? Sounds like both appear to be a bit clueless on how to arrange things so far.

Very disappointing.

Will be ordering my normal T15 grandstand ticket and parking pass I guess. Sheesh!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:09 PM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

My tickets arrived today.

Parking lot A, Main Grandstand Row 2 seat.

I am also going to figure the seat is irrelevant beacuse this place is not going to be crowded or full at all.

Also, I got a flyer with the details schedule. Support races are LITES and GT3 Cup.

I wonder how much it will cool off by Spet 20th?
Old 08-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

sold

Last edited by Lothar34; 09-04-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:22 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Does the track have any sort of shuttle service to assist you in viewing the race from different vantage points?

Looking at COTA's website, I can't believe they have managed to make attending a race so complicated and such a big pain in the rear.... After years of being accustomed to Road America's simplicity - you could basically just show up, pay at the gate, park (for free) and sit most anywhere, this seems like a regimented If they want to discourage attendance, this certainly seems like the way to do it
Old 09-04-2013, 01:40 AM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

WOW I cant believe COTA is so jacked up with no information. I went to Road America in August corral is free....first come but huge grassy area for parking. You could sit any where on any corner or straight way on any part of the track you like. Only major ristricted place was pit road. Paddock tour any time included in standard ticket price. Rented a golf cart drive right in park right next to the haulers. COTA needs to take some lessons from Road America or the AMLS will not be on the 2014 schedule
Old 09-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Lothar34
Drifting

Originally Posted by wamara
Does the track have any sort of shuttle service to assist you in viewing the race from different vantage points?
Not unless you're a credentialed photographer.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 PM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I am trying to figure the race schedule out. Checked the web sites still at a lost. Maybe someone can help out. I see on Saturday American Le Mans Series race starts at 3:45 pm and on Sunday FIA WEC starts at 11:00 am. Will the Corvettes (#3 & #4) race in both of these races?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Lothar34
Drifting

There are two Corvettes in the WEC series, one full-time and one part-time, but they are French and not part of the Pratt & Miller ALMS team.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 PM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

There are two Corvettes in the WEC series, one full-time and one part-time, but they are French and not part of the Pratt & Miller ALMS team.
Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 AM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rhett Loveday
I am trying to figure the race schedule out. Checked the web sites still at a lost. Maybe someone can help out. I see on Saturday American Le Mans Series race starts at 3:45 pm and on Sunday FIA WEC starts at 11:00 am. Will the Corvettes (#3 & #4) race in both of these races?
I just uploaded the detailed schedule I received with my corral tix. Other tracks may have their acts together better than COTA, but I am quite stoked for this event!

Check it out under my "Events" page or at the link on the right:

http://www.dandatest.com/

You can also look around my ahem..."attempt" ...at making an auto enthusiast website.

Last edited by 07IPCforMe; 09-09-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Corral for American LeMans race at COTA

Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

The schedule is here. You didn't need to upload anything:
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/alms-wec
Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 PM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

The schedule is here. You didn't need to upload anything:
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/alms-wec
Nope. I didn't "need" to. I chose to, to try to be helpful. Last I looked before heading to Alaska, that page had no details, so, you know...trying to help.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 PM
gards1964
Advanced

Really wanted to do the car corral bit but it just so confused. Plus it seemed as if stuck in the Grandstand as the only seating option. So bailed and just bought T15 tickets and regular H lot parking. Sure hope they start to get this figured out or if its figured out the communicate it clearly so we know what's going on. I really want to support this venture but what a confusing mess!

Quick Reply: Corvette Corral for American LeMans race at COTA