Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

My Vette and I are moving to San Antonio :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 AM
FstPoon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Vette and I are moving to San Antonio :)

Hello everyone!

I am not new to the forum, but I will be a moving to the San Antonio area at the end of May and will be brand new to the area.
What Corvette and muscle car clubs are in the San Antonio area and where do you guys/gals hand out at?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Friday nights at Biffs. There are a couple of clubs in town, Mostly an older group.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 AM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

There's lots of SA vette guys. They're a bit
Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Blue 396
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check the "sticky" on this thread by Cosmo - he has lot of info on shows and events in the area - several clubs - Texas Corvette Association, Alamo Corvettes, Long Horn Corvettes out of Austin

Seems most members of local clubs are into the C6 C7 crowd not much of older C2 person to be involved in - Also a group called Sweet Rides that runs a lot of Sunday high speed events on the highways -

lots of cars and events to go to other than Corvette - google Texas Car Shows

Welcome to the area
Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Alex41
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a vette but was an F body guy for years. I hung out with SA f body but when I got a vette I had to ask if it was cool to still hang out with them. They told me 100% yes, its still cool. In fact, the vice pres. recently picked up an FRC roller he turned into a monster with his old Formula engine.

Great bunch of guys to be around and will give you the shirt off their backs if necessary.

What part of town are you planning on living in?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:32 AM
deathstrike
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also new in the area. Just moved here couple weeks ago.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
Friday nights at Biffs. There are a couple of clubs in town, Mostly an older group.
was there last night
Old 04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Good luck on your trip. What brings you from SC to TX?
Old 04-21-2013, 03:51 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Welcome, pardner!!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Chaz 01
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Both TCA (Texas Corvette Assoc) and Alamo Area Corvette Club offer all kinds of events and cruises. TAC meets at Biffs 35 & Topperwien, AACC meets at County Line BBQ. Check out the web sites. Welcome to San Antonio.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM
FstPoon
Instructor

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
Awesome! What is the address? I will def drive the Vette over and hang out once I get settled in. I love hanging out with fellow car enthusiasts and gear heads

Originally Posted by Blue 396
Check the "sticky" on this thread by Cosmo - he has lot of info on shows and events in the area - several clubs - Texas Corvette Association, Alamo Corvettes, Long Horn Corvettes out of Austin

Seems most members of local clubs are into the C6 C7 crowd not much of older C2 person to be involved in - Also a group called Sweet Rides that runs a lot of Sunday high speed events on the highways -

lots of cars and events to go to other than Corvette - google Texas Car Shows

Welcome to the area
I will def check out the threads. I currently own a 2007 C6, but I love all corvettes. My fist Vette was a 1979 fixer-upper
.. Did you say high speed?
Originally Posted by Alex41
I have a vette but was an F body guy for years. I hung out with SA f body but when I got a vette I had to ask if it was cool to still hang out with them. They told me 100% yes, its still cool. In fact, the vice pres. recently picked up an FRC roller he turned into a monster with his old Formula engine.

Great bunch of guys to be around and will give you the shirt off their backs if necessary.

What part of town are you planning on living in?
Awesome, I won't lie..I will be a Corvette girl until the day I die, but I bleed Chevy. I remember when my dad brought home a 1993 Camaro from the dealership..it was one of the first one's in the area, when that body style was brand spanking new! LOL..some guy drove into a snow bank looking at it as we were driving home that day.

I am planning on renting a house in Converse TX. I hear it is a very nice area.

I would love to hang out with you guys sometime!

Originally Posted by deathstrike
I'm also new in the area. Just moved here couple weeks ago.
Awesome! Hopefully I will see you around! Perhapse we will be neighbors!

Originally Posted by Andrew6
Good luck on your trip. What brings you from SC to TX?
I am active duty Army and it is time to PCS. I will be moving from Ft Jackson, SC to Ft Sam and be working at the hospital.

Originally Posted by Chaz 01
Both TCA (Texas Corvette Assoc) and Alamo Area Corvette Club offer all kinds of events and cruises. TAC meets at Biffs 35 & Topperwien, AACC meets at County Line BBQ. Check out the web sites. Welcome to San Antonio.
I will def check them out when I get settled. I love cruises and car shows because they are usually for a good cause.

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! You would be surprized but some places are not as friendly!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

OP: Welcome to TEXAS!!! Also thanks for your service! When you get a chance please check out this website - http://togetherweserved.com/
Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 PM
DefMunkie
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to San Antonio

Biff's Friday night off I35 and Topperwein
Cars and Coffee - Last Saturday of every month, 1604 & Blanco
3rd Thursday Car Meet - At Blu off San Pedro and Rector (3rd Thursday of the month)
+ the others mentioned above!

We have great roads in Central Texas so be sure to go out and enjoy. If you need a guide let me know!! Haven't had a chance to go out in the hill country with a group of Corvettes yet...
Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by DefMunkie
Welcome to San Antonio

Biff's Friday night off I35 and Topperwein
Cars and Coffee - Last Saturday of every month, 1604 & Blanco
3rd Thursday Car Meet - At Blu off San Pedro and Rector (3rd Thursday of the month)
+ the others mentioned above!

We have great roads in Central Texas so be sure to go out and enjoy. If you need a guide let me know!! Haven't had a chance to go out in the hill country with a group of Corvettes yet...
What he said, Biff's on Friday's starts around 6pm and ends at 10 pm. Thank you for your service
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

very cool, I graduated high school in SC (charleston) and have been in Texas for around 12 years now. It's a pretty cool place to come to and San Antonio is a nice place in itself.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 AM
DefMunkie
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some observations on driving in town. Lots of locals WILL stop at yield signs, be prepared, and most don't know how to merge properly. You will also have a lot of people driving 5 -10 mph under the speed limit on highways in the left lane and they will not change lanes.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 PM
wysiwyg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some observations on driving in town. Lots of locals WILL stop at yield signs, be prepared, and most don't know how to merge properly. You will also have a lot of people driving 5 -10 mph under the speed limit on highways in the left lane and they will not change lanes.

Get notified of new replies

To My Vette and I are moving to San Antonio :)

Old 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Very True!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
FstPoon
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andrew6
very cool, I graduated high school in SC (charleston) and have been in Texas for around 12 years now. It's a pretty cool place to come to and San Antonio is a nice place in itself.
It's a small world! I graduated from MUSC!! I love Charleston and I lived there for about 10 years.

Originally Posted by peter pan
What he said, Biff's on Friday's starts around 6pm and ends at 10 pm. Thank you for your service
Sounds like Biff's is the place to be..will be one of my first stops once I get settled.

Good to know..lol I think that is SC too!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
FstPoon
Instructor

I have 2 questions for you guys/gals.

1. How do you get away without a front license plate? I really do not want to get a ticket for not having a front license plate, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY do not want to put one on the car because it would totally ruin the look of the car as well as block air flow.

2: I am not 100% sure my car would pass the inspection, so where is there a Corvette friendly inspection station at? SC does not require vehicle inspections or front license plates.

Quick Reply: My Vette and I are moving to San Antonio :)