Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:30 PM
t100driver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hxrly
Cool. I'm always down for cruises but in a few hours I'm taking off to Vegas with Mod Freaks of Texas. They're having M Fest down there but I'm tagging along so I can visit the Grand Canyon and Vegas for the first time. We should be heading back on Sunday... 1000 miles each way!
Sounds awesome I've been meaning to ask you how is it hanging out with mod freaks and deans list? I want to go out on cruises with other cars wanted to join the El Paso corvette club, but they don't seem to do anything thing as far as going on cruises just sit an a parking lot and talk.

Last edited by t100driver; 05-22-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 PM
hxrly
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mod Freaks is a bunch of good people and they run their cars hard. It's mostly BMWs and the GTRs, but I join them in their adventures whenever possible.

Deanslist has awesome events as well, but some of them are pricy plus there's a yearly membership. They are doing the Dallas-Miami in August. I might chase them since I have family down there, but I'm not paying the $1600 per car for hotels, meals, etc; I will stay at the nearest holiday inn or similar.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

It's Sunday night and I haven't done any of the work I said I would do on my car.

Why do these 4 day weekends go by so fast?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:01 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Mod Freaks is a bunch of good people and they run their cars hard. It's mostly BMWs and the GTRs, but I join them in their adventures whenever possible.

Deanslist has awesome events as well, but some of them are pricy plus there's a yearly membership. They are doing the Dallas-Miami in August. I might chase them since I have family down there, but I'm not paying the $1600 per car for hotels, meals, etc; I will stay at the nearest holiday inn or similar.
where do they do there fast driving? I live on the NE side just off 54 and one night I saw 2 GTRs playing a bit and heading out on 54 towards alamgordo. I wanted to follow and play but wife was with me so I couldn't, she wont let me. That is where I go to test my car sometimes.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 AM
hxrly
Racer

Originally Posted by S'vette
where do they do there fast driving? I live on the NE side just off 54 and one night I saw 2 GTRs playing a bit and heading out on 54 towards alamgordo. I wanted to follow and play but wife was with me so I couldn't, she wont let me. That is where I go to test my car sometimes.
They come out to the autocross at the stadium, the motorplex for 1/4 mile and ASR for the track. This past weekend they ran their cars at the 1/4 mile and track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. And yes, occasionally they will be hauling *** on the highway.

I went to Las Vegas with them this past Thursday and it was an amazing experience. Took off at 2 a.m. so we had the highway to ourselves. Went over Hwy 191 (Devils Highway) at dawn which had to be one of the best driving experiences I've had so far. I got back today after a 14+ hour drive (stopped by the Grand Canyon); I'm super tired but definitely worth it.

Oh yeah, and while in Vegas I decided why not go drive the Pacific Coast Hwy and Mulholland Dr in California, so I got video of that one too.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

Hey guys, there's some kind of a car show at Hudson's on the east side of El Paso. I don't know much about it.

http://visitelpaso.com/events/commun...show-swap-meet

http://www.southwestmoparclub.com/

Originally Posted by SWAG1LE
Yup, there is a car show on Friday night and a big car show on Saturday starting at 5 PM. I'll be there both nights.
Also, there is a Las Cruces/El Paso section in the Camaro forum, in case anyone here wants to join in the discussion.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...74391&page=215

Last edited by Xfactors; 05-30-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:02 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

So where do the Camaro and gtr guys go to get performance work done on their cars? Do they ever have a dyno setup anywhere?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:26 AM
hxrly
Racer

So where do the Camaro and gtr guys go to get performance work done on their cars? Do they ever have a dyno setup anywhere?
The superchargers installs that I've seen: their own garages.

If the weather holds up tomorrow I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex. I got a custom Diablew tune with the DiabloSport inTune since I don't feel like driving to Texas Speed. Hoping to trap 113 mph and run high 12s consistently.

There's also a dyno day on Sunday for like $45, but I'm not sure where I read about it.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

The superchargers installs that I've seen: their own garages.

If the weather holds up tomorrow I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex. I got a custom Diablew tune with the DiabloSport inTune since I don't feel like driving to Texas Speed. Hoping to trap 113 mph and run high 12s consistently.

There's also a dyno day on Sunday for like $45, but I'm not sure where I read about it.
cool, Id like to get on a dyno just out of curiousty. Would like to do the 1/4 mile too but have never done it before on the track so my first few runs would be rather tame to get the feel for the track.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
hxrly
Racer

Come on out and I'll talk you through it. It sucks coming out the first time and not having nobody to talk to. Once you do a few passes it starts becoming second nature. The only downside to it is that you may become addicted.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:12 PM
t100driver
Intermediate

Anyone going to cars and coffee tomorrow? Not sure yet if I am going to make it, might just past by for a quick look.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

anything coming up soon? Getting my hood painted next week so wont be able to do anything then but after that Im good. just had my top painted black and loved it so now Im getting the hood some black to match and a little air brushing to go along with it. Hope it turns out good.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 AM
hxrly
Racer

anything coming up soon? Getting my hood painted next week so wont be able to do anything then but after that Im good. just had my top painted black and loved it so now Im getting the hood some black to match and a little air brushing to go along with it. Hope it turns out good.
I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex on Friday, still adjusting my tune. There were a bunch of fast cars out there last Friday.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex on Friday, still adjusting my tune. There were a bunch of fast cars out there last Friday.
I have my car tuned by Chuck via the data logging with the handheld. So I wanted to see where I was at so I had a dyno done a few days ago on a dynojet and made 420 whp and 401 TQ in 107 degree temps with sae corection. But my AFR was a little off so I am having chuck adjust that and should net another 5 to 10 hp and tq. Im not sure if the guy did it right as he had the logging started as he was letting the car go thru its gears where I think he should have started the logging while in 4th gear.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
hxrly
Racer

I have my car tuned by Chuck via the data logging with the handheld. So I wanted to see where I was at so I had a dyno done a few days ago on a dynojet and made 420 whp and 401 TQ in 107 degree temps with sae corection. But my AFR was a little off so I am having chuck adjust that and should net another 5 to 10 hp and tq. Im not sure if the guy did it right as he had the logging started as he was letting the car go thru its gears where I think he should have started the logging while in 4th gear.
I'm having Lewis from diablewtune.com tune mine with the Diablosport inTune. I'm driving over 150 miles between tunes and then doing logs during the hottest time of day.

Last Friday I was really slow with a best run of 13.3@108, compared to my consistant 13.0@110 before headers/tune. I had a revised tune loaded yesterday and the car feels much stronger; will have to see Friday if my numbers improved.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

I'm having Lewis from diablewtune.com tune mine with the Diablosport inTune. I'm driving over 150 miles between tunes and then doing logs during the hottest time of day.

Last Friday I was really slow with a best run of 13.3@108, compared to my consistant 13.0@110 before headers/tune. I had a revised tune loaded yesterday and the car feels much stronger; will have to see Friday if my numbers improved.
hope it gets worked out. I might come out Friday and atleast observe. I want to get my AFR and all right before I start doing runs. Which exit do I take off of I-10?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM
hxrly
Racer

hope it gets worked out. I might come out Friday and atleast observe. I want to get my AFR and all right before I start doing runs. Which exit do I take off of I-10?
Exit 42, Clint. You will see the lights (and sometimes the smoke) from the highway.

Get notified of new replies

To El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 AM
hxrly
Racer

So the car did better last Friday, but it's now only running as strong as before headers, so I'm still expecting to pick up a few more HP. Best run was a 13.0 @ 110 mph.

There was a C6 Z06 running 13s. I asked him if he wanted to line up with me but he kept running the same Camaro, both doing terrible launches. At the end he got beat by a CRX on nitrous. 13.0@110 vs his slower 13.0@116 mph. His trap speed is good for mid to low 12s even on street tires, but he needs to learn how to launch first.

Edmond suggested to get together this weekend to go on a cruise or a least take a few pictures. Let us know, go on the FB page and join the page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/231748356970038/
Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM
mws444
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Guys, It is nice to see a few around here like to track their cars. I have a black '10 Camaro I hit the strip with on occasion so far my best time is 11 flat @ 139.
Any one else have a C7 on order?
Would be great to hit up the strip with a bunch of Camaros and Vettes together. Always seems like the Rustangs out number us like two to one when I go.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:04 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mws444
Hey Guys, It is nice to see a few around here like to track their cars. I have a black '10 Camaro I hit the strip with on occasion so far my best time is 11 flat @ 139.
Any one else have a C7 on order?
Would be great to hit up the strip with a bunch of Camaros and Vettes together. Always seems like the Rustangs out number us like two to one when I go.
Got my vette in the paint shop getting the hood painted with a black and red stripe and a cool c7 jake skull I found on line. I will post pics of it in my album when done. Had my top painted black a few weeks ago so Im matchng the hood. My interior is black and red so I wanted to bring some red to the outside. Once I get it back I will hit the track and watch one night and maybe play next time.

I running about 420hp/410tq to the wheels so Im not sure what I would run but my AFR is a little off (lean at WOT) and need to get it fixed, which should add another 5 to 10 to the wheels I hope. Chuck is working on that.

Quick Reply: El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread