Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Cars N Coffee : Corvette Alley

Old 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
DaveH_RRTX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cars N Coffee : Corvette Alley

I know that a bunch of you attended the Leander Cars N Coffee this Sunday. As usual the CnC team directed all of the Corvette guys to park all over the place. They seem to go out of their way to keep us from parking together, or they want us to park in the grass or on the dirt. Neither option is desirable.

Mike and I managed to park our Stingrays together and we did a bit of brainstorming on how to "fix" the CnC situation. We came up with a possible solution for the Corvettes attending C&C Leander next month.

Our proposal is that the Corvettes take over the block of W.Willis Street from the intersection of W.Willis and Baghdad, circled on this map:

If we reverse park our cars diagonally (front of car facing out) on the north side of the street, it should make for quite a presentation. Plus we all get to hang together and socialize; instead of being spread all over the place.

We won't be on the square. But we will be right off the square and close to the main event area. The street has a lot of shade. It will be better than being out in the direct sun.

We ran it by the CnC head parking dudes, and they didn't seem to have a problem with our idea. We will need to be careful that we don't block any driveways or public access and we need to be careful not to litter or walk on the private property. I don't foresee these as being big issues for us.

What do you think? Comments and suggestions?

Dave
Old 04-01-2012, 11:18 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Thats still in the grass correct?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a two-way street. If you park diagonally all on one side, you're pretty much going to block off the entire road.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 PM
mmaynard1
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

We are not parking in the grass and the road is large enough so we can park at a 45 degree angle, still with plenty of room to navigate the street.
We parked there in February for those that can remember the February event you should have seen us out there. We have asked that the CnC team to direct the Vettes to this area and we will make it a Vettes only area.
We were tired of having the CnC team lump us with the Chevy boys and they liked our idea.

Again this area is right off of the center of the show and we have claimed it as Corvette Alley----Vettes only
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

cool then. next time save me a spot.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
DaveH_RRTX
Instructor

That's exactly the point. If you drive a Vette you will now have a regular spot. The earlier you get there the closer you will be to the main square.

Another benefit of all of us parking together is that us Corvette guys and gals tend to look out for each others cars. It should free some of us to walk around a bit more and enjoy the car meet without worry that someone is tinkering with your car.

Dave
Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 PM
WhiteKnight
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great idea Dave.

I think some of the LCC and Sweet Rides folks have pretty much given up on Cars and Coffee. They just started their own get together this past Sunday to compete directly with Cars and Coffee. I don't share their concerns and I like the variety of cars that show up in Leander. I'll try to make it next month.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM
AM.MSCL
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Like WhiteKnight mention the "Rudy's Invasion" on 183 just started this April and they have hopes of pulling all the different car types to it as it builds. It is more central located for all of Austin Area and everyone gets to park in a Parking lot.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:40 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

I would like to join you on the next.....is it the 1st Sun of the month?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 PM
DaveH_RRTX
Instructor

Happy to save you and any other 'Vette driver a spot assuming our plan works. Yes it is the First Sunday of every month.

Folks can do whatever they want to, go to Rudy's at 183 or go to Cars N Coffee. Whatever makes em happy!

I will be at CnC, I've met some really good car people here and I usually enjoy the event.

Dave

Last edited by DaveH_RRTX; 04-04-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM
DaveH_RRTX
Instructor

REMINDER:

Leander Cars N Coffee is this coming Sunday.

Let's meet on West Willis Street and turn it into CORVETTE ALLEY.

Easiest way to get to West Willis Street is to go past the usual entrance to Cars N Coffee and go to W. Broade Street. Go WEST of W. Broade until you get to Baghdad Street and then go SOUTH on Baghdad until you hit W. Willis Street. Turn on to Willis and back on a diagonal into the curb on the north side of the street. The front of your car should be facing towards the square.

Here is a link to a google map showing the location: http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CCQQ8gEwAA

Mike and I will try to get there early to help direct Corvettes to the spot (hopefully we get some help from the CnC organizers here) and to help guide you into place.

We're not trying to force anyone to park where they don't wish too. If you have a favorite spot then use it. No one is out to cheat you out of your spot. If you want Corvette owners to really make a statement, then join us on W. Willis Street.

I'll bet we attract a crowd.

Dave
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
mmaynard1
Racer

TTT see you all there
Old 05-06-2012, 09:47 AM
DaveH_RRTX
Instructor

CnC looks like a bust for me today. Still Raining in East Round Rock and the streets are still wet. I don't see this clearing out by 9:30 or 10AM; but will keep watching to see if it breaks.

Just not willing to spend the 3 or 4 hours it would take to recover from the road spray.

Dave
Old 05-06-2012, 11:23 AM
mmaynard1
Racer

It is not drying very fast
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

My goodness, this is yet another CnC thread related to Corvettes being treated poorly. What gives?

Here is the other one, related to what is taking place in the huge Dallas CnC at Classic BMW.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...ee-issues.html
Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 AM
mmaynard1
Racer

TTT.... last month we had some rain before the show so the turnout was very light. A few of us plan on getting to the meet early and getting the ally started for the Vettes.

See U there
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

What time Sun is the C&C?

Get notified of new replies

To Cars N Coffee : Corvette Alley

Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

so how did the parking plan turn out? i wish there was an austin cars and coffee that's actually in austin with a dedicated parking lot area (like burger center).
Old 05-28-2012, 03:34 PM
aTX427
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I can't believe anyone wastes their time at that event. I've had more fun overheating in traffic.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:36 PM
mmaynard1
Racer

Show starts at 11and runs till 2. We will get there around 10 to get the parking ally going. Last month there was a light turnout so there was no problems parking anywhere so I parked on the main strip with 2 other c3's. See you there...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cars N Coffee : Corvette Alley