Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 12:17 PM
RyanSS
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas?

I live in Abilene and was wondering if it is worth the drive. Are they honest? I was looking to buy from them because of the flexibility of financing. :confused:
Old 05-06-2002, 04:42 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (RyanSS)

I answered over on the Camaro board.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:15 PM
95vett
Racer

I went there when looking for my C4, I found them very rude and pushy, and I told myself I would bash them at every possibility. I am a very patient person but I actually cursed the salesman out. I have heard others say good things though.

I have dealt with 'Corvettes of Dallas" on many occasions and they have been straight shooting and pleasant with me I think they are 'Corvette World' now though.

Old 05-10-2002, 12:19 AM
RyanSS
Navigator

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (95vett)

Would you happen to have a website or a phone number for them?
Old 05-10-2002, 12:20 AM
vanduker
Drifting

Looked there before buying my CE. All the cars were mint until I got there when they were actually repaints with more dirt in the paint than I have in my yard.

The guy asked what I was looking at when I opened the rear compartment to see the option list.

Clueless or just stupid.

Mark
Old 05-10-2002, 09:48 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (95vett)

I have dealt with 'Corvettes of Dallas" on many occasions and they have been straight shooting and pleasant with me I think they are 'Corvette World' now though.
No one on this forum has enough money to get me to as much as step foot in that place. If you're not dressed in full business attire or flashing money around. I have gone there several times in reguard to prices for a windshield on my car and they made me wait 40 minutes because the invalid behind the desk was not willing to call the damn glass shop himself :mad

On another occasion one guy really pissed me off. A guy parked outside in a C3 left his lights on and I told one of the sales guys about it, eventually the owner of the C3 walked out and I had told him about it and he responded to me by saying no one inside had told him :rolleyes:

I call that place idiots of dallas.
Old 05-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (theanswriz42)

Hey guys, don't hold back or anything! :D

Old 05-11-2002, 05:49 PM
The Gooch
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Their reputation isn't too good around D/FW. They sell mainly high mileage, over priced vettes. Alot of them are repairs, and not that good of a repair job :nonod:
Old 05-12-2002, 01:53 PM
DraftMe
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (GWH)

I've been there twice, and all I saw was repo or auction junk. I think they have Tanya Hardings old C4. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-12-2002, 03:55 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (theanswriz42)

No one on this forum has enough money to get me to as much as step foot in that place. If you're not dressed in full business attire or flashing money around. I have gone there several times in reguard to prices for a windshield on my car and they made me wait 40 minutes because the invalid behind the desk was not willing to call the damn glass shop himself :mad

On another occasion one guy really pissed me off. A guy parked outside in a C3 left his lights on and I told one of the sales guys about it, eventually the owner of the C3 walked out and I had told him about it and he responded to me by saying no one inside had told him :rolleyes:

I call that place idiots of dallas.
I'd have to agree with this post for the most part. I think that may be the main reason for the recent name change? The old had a real bad rep.! I know a few things have changed there and I'm not sure if the owner is still the same, but I'm not going to find out the hard way either.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Armadillo
Racer

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (R94 LT 1)

Back to the subject at hand, I suggest you get the Dallas Morning News and call on cars that seem interesting. You can get a much better feel for how the car has been driven/treated and any mods that may have been made. Our club has a classified section in our website you may want to watch also. Address is http://www.lonestarcorvette.com. If you join our club you can also get about the best deal around on a new Vette.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:36 AM
vanduker
Drifting

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (J-C-5)

I think they have Tanya Hardings old C4. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd make some comment about her "coming" with the car, but it would seem unbecoming.

Mark
Old 05-13-2002, 09:39 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (Snowman)

Hey guys, don't hold back or anything! :D
:lol: nope, I just call it as I see It :D
Old 05-14-2002, 10:36 AM
MrsVetteAddiction
Racer

Okay, I believe Corvettes of Dallas and Corvette World have merged. (We've had GREAT experinces with them and would buy another car from them, if we need another car.)

Now, MY UNDERSTANDING is that Corvette Warehouse used to be Visioni. If that's the case be VERY VERY VERY careful. I wouldn't trust them with a vette at all. And there's no way I would buy one.

Keep your eye around town, nice vettes pop up at nice dealers all the time. I wouldn't take the chance.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:52 PM
tdp1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just at Corvette Warehouse. When I walked in, there was the owner or salesman person lying up under a C4 spraying under the front section with a can of spray paint. :eek: I almost walked at that point. I looked at a few and all he wanted to know was how much cash I had to put down. I sat in a 79 ans the leather seats had what looked to be cig burns that had been painted or dyed over. The C3's were pretty ragged looking.

As for Corvette World, I had a lot of problems with a 94 I bought there. You look up the whole adventure in the archives. I was dissappointed when I heard they merged with Corvettes of Dallas. That was a reputable place at one time.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:38 AM
0COHMATT
Former Vendor

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (tdp1)

You could always make the short drive to Houston and look at some nice cars :D
Old 05-31-2002, 02:18 AM
Blu9T2
Advanced

I bought my blue 92 from Corvette Warehouse in 2 years ago. The year before that I scouted them out and the owner was pretty helpful on the questions I had. Anyway, I asked if they had an Admiral Blue Metallic the salesman said yes. Actually it was a QUASAR blue instead. They didn't like it too much when I brought my friend up there who knew bodywork to look the car over. I found out that it was hit in the front and back and the spare tire was missing. I talked them down to a comparable price that I had seen in the papers and the Auto Trader so I felt comfortable with the sale at the time. Within the 1st month, the clutch for the A/C went out :eek: And I've been paying for repairs every since (I think I have rebuilt the car by now! :lol: ) The salesman said that they'd have a truck with a new shipment to come in and I could get a spare off of one of the cars. 6 mos. later that truck never came in...go figure. I'm just glad they didn't get me for their asking price of $14,500 on a 92 with 107,000 on the odomoter. Just do your self a favor and don't waste your time and stay as far to the left as you can when you pass by going south on 35.

I checked out Corvettes of Dallas and they were very helpful. I went to Corvette Warehouse because I could get at least a '92 for a cheaper price. When there was a Corvette World (when they were on 183) I guess a young kid (24) parking a old bug next to Lambos and Ferraris wearing a t'shirt and jeans won't get waited on because I stood in there for a good 10-15mins and NOT A SOUL asked if I needed help. :mad It really made me wish that I had cash on hand ready to buy so I could tell them how sorry they are. If I buy another vette and it's not off Chevy's lot or Carmax, I'll go to Corvettes of Dallas.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas?

Old 06-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas? (COHMATT)

You could always make the short drive to Houston and look at some nice cars :D
This is your best bet. Nice staff (yes, you Matt) and I have a couple friends that bought theirs there. I recommend them to anyone. The cars are slightly higher, but absolutely worth the extra because of the supoport and the quality of cars they bring in. You WILL get what you pay for. They do mods as well and both friends have been very pleased with the work. :seeya

Oh, almost forgot, my last Vette did not come from there, but the next one WILL!!

[Modified by Aerovette, 8:05 PM 6/3/2002]
Old 06-04-2002, 04:54 PM
MilYellow02
Team Owner

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

They are a bit over-priced IMO

[Modified by MilYellow02, 3:06 PM 6/5/2002]
Old 06-11-2002, 03:34 AM
DarkRed93
Advanced

I’ve seen the place and it and the cars look pretty rough. I never talked to a salesman because it didn’t take me long to know that this wasn’t the place I wanted to buy.

Here are some places that I, or close friends, have dealt with personally and are all extremely reputable. Also, I would be willing to take a look at any in the Austin area, when you are serious about buying. It might save you a trip out here.

Corvette Country (Austin) http://www.corvettecountry.com/Default1.htm

Corvette Palace (Austin) http://www.corvettepalace.com/

Corvettes of Houston http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/index.html

I bought my 93 Vette at Corvette Country. I don’t know if this helps with the financing part, but you might call them and ask. Good luck!!

[Modified by DarkRed93, 1:34 AM 6/11/2002]

[Modified by DarkRed93, 1:35 AM 6/11/2002]

Quick Reply: Anyone dealt with Corevette Warehouse in Dallas?