Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

CARAVAN-VETTES AND JETS ON THE LEX (Corpus Christi)

Old 09-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Lapond
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_in_Texas
see everyone in a couple hours!!
See everyone soon... This is going to be so much fun!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:18 AM
MSUGTO
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

See ya'll in Victoria!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Bone Daddy
Member: Jr Geezer's Club
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEES
Hi Reid,

Bout damn time you chime in buddy ! I was thinking about you just yesterday since we were viewing pictures from Vettes and Jets in 2009 and saw one of you shining up your ride. Great picture

Don't forget Reid, car wash is from 2pm-7pm at the Radisson so hurry and get in line. Hopefully you'll be done before midnight Just kidding. See you tomorrow!!!!
Hey Genevieve! Yes past years were good times! It will be good to see many familiar faces. Yes I suppose we will see you at the wash station. This "will be" a bikini wash right? We'll be lookin' for GEES and the Harley Special. Cant wait to see your new goodies.

Originally Posted by mannys
5 o'clock Friday traffic on I-37 is ugly. Save yourself an hour on the drive by going 181 at Sinton. The dirt will rinse off of the tires.

Mannys thanks that's exactly what I was needing to hear. 181 outta Sinton it is! Yall be safe and stay tight as to avoid any front plate LEO stops.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
MannyS
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Many thanks to Genevieve and George for organizing a super caravan to Corpus Christi today for the Jets on the Lex. I made the drive to Corpus this morning with caravan, but I returned to Kingwood after a late lunch (Driving to the LSU opening home game tomorrow in Baton Rouge!).

I believe that the car count was around 44 on the trip. The ride picked up a few cars in Wharton and a few more (including two California cars) at the first stop near Victoria. It was amazing to see the smiles of people in the small towns and cars driving on the highway as the caravan drove by in perfect weather.

I saw lots of people taking pics and videos everywhere, so I expect some postings tomorrow with pics.

For the caravan still in Corpus, have a cold one for me at the meet and greet.

Manny

(TX license plate PURE FUN)

Last edited by MannyS; 09-09-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
GEES
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We broke the record of 2007!

FINAL COUNT - 333 corvettes on the USS Lexington for 2011
Oh my gosh, what can we say….

We started at about 44 cars, picked up our Wharton group from Beaumont (4 cars) and 3 more corvettes in Victoria (1 from Austin, 2 from California) and headed out. We had 51 corvettes in the caravan. Our group from Ft. Walton Beach Florida were running an hour behind schedule and after our stop in Victoria, they were still about ½ hour behind us so they never caught up to us with their 10 corvettes. We would have had 61 in the caravan.

It was a beautiful sight to see, especially on the curves. We definitely made an impression everywhere we went. And best part, everyone kept asking where we were going? My response, “To support the Wounded Warrior Project at the Vettes and Jets on the Lex event in Corpus Christi, Texas.”

We had a great time with folks from all over the Texas state as well as various other states. Maverick and his entire crew did an outstanding job putting all this together. It was a heartfelt ceremony and very comforting to be reassured that while we all sleep in our comfortable beds and air-conditioned homes, our service men/women are located in various places around the world watching our backs and protecting our country. God Bless America and God Bless the men and women who protect us.

George and Genevieve

Last edited by GEES; 09-12-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

http://s446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/Andew6/vnj11/

Special thanks to Maverick and Genevieve for setting up caravan and Vettes and Jets
Old 09-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Milton Fox
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Thanks for letting us run with you...moar pics including some video. (I still havent figured out how to edit yet so disregard the targa top in the first video!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
GEES
Instructor

Default Aerial Photos for Vettes and Jets on the Lex 2011

Aerial Photos are available. Go to the link below to view proofs.

http://www.lanmonaerial.com/CCClubPage1.htm
Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Sky Vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default G_d Bless our Wounded Warriors

and thanks to everyone who made this great event possible.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
TX_Viking
Intermediate

Finally been able to get together the video I shoot from the caravan leaving Victoria. Have been having computer issues, where the computer shut down every time I tried to save the video.

You'll find the video here

http://www.youtube.com/user/raarseth#p/u/0/mVsBcfqgtsQ

Not the best audio, but the sound on the GoPro camera crapped out, and with the strict copyright rules on YouTube I had to find some free music.

Will work on the video I took off the loading and unloading on the Lexington next.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Crankshaft
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Thanks for posting the video!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CARAVAN-VETTES AND JETS ON THE LEX (Corpus Christi)