Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Vettes and Jets on the Lex 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Mister Peebody
Drifting

Location: Ok! So you don't believe in conspiracies, but will you acknowledge the possibility of there being coordinated activities in secret places? Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Online registration and payment would be great!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Frosty-Z06
Instructor

Default Locked in!

Got my tickets! Looking forward to seeing y'all!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:30 AM
Frosty-Z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eran X. Jones
Thanks, we are in too! We received our confirmation letter today.
It would be great if we could organize a Corpus Christi Caravan of Corvette Clubs in and around the Houston area. Not sure how many would be interested, but let's see where it goes. A 100+ Corvette Caravan would be great, sort of reminds me of the good times we had on the '09 National Caravan. Anyone willing to coordinate this with the local clubs? Do I hear a nomination for a Caravan Captain from anyone?
coming from Austin, I'm game for caravan, anyone else?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:49 PM
aTX427
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Are there any more openings?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by aTX427
Are there any more openings?
There were about 25 left on Saturday.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
swtato
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
There were about 25 left on Saturday.
I just tried to go to the website and it appears to be down?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Melissahol
Cruising

To all those trying to access the "Vettes and Jets" web site, we are having technical difficulties with the server. Our WEB HOSTING COMPANY'S is down. we could not reach them today because it is sunday. As of Sunday there are only 8
spots left.
Thank you for your patience.
Melissa
CC Corvette Club Secretary
Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,343 Likes on 951 Posts

My group just came to the realization that our cars would spend saturday nite on the Lex. We really weren't prepared for that (I know...should have read the fine print). Loading saturday morning and unloading late sunday afternoon means a long drive home sunday nite as well as being on foot for all day saturday and sunday. Pretty tough for "classic" vette owners. Hoping there can be some way to get off the Lex before late sunday evening.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Kneel 8250
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by old motorhead
My group just came to the realization that our cars would spend saturday nite on the Lex. We really weren't prepared for that (I know...should have read the fine print). Loading saturday morning and unloading late sunday afternoon means a long drive home sunday nite as well as being on foot for all day saturday and sunday. Pretty tough for "classic" vette owners. Hoping there can be some way to get off the Lex before late sunday evening.
Our group of around 10 cars is talking about hiring a minibus for transport. We are looking at costs and may use just the one driver. Should work as long as we all have consideration for each other.

Just one idea eh!!!!
Have a great day.

Kneel.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 PM
zpletcher
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great idea.. Maybe share a taxi will help.

It seems a lot less folks from San Antonio are going this year because of being on the boat for 2 days.

I think those that are coming from farther away are happy it is a 2 day event.

I just wish Sunday I had my 66 available to drive along the beach and
take the ferry...Ha!
Cheers, Zale
Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by zpletcher
Great idea.. Maybe share a taxi will help.

It seems a lot less folks from San Antonio are going this year because of being on the boat for 2 days.

I think those that are coming from farther away are happy it is a 2 day event.

I just wish Sunday I had my 66 available to drive along the beach and
take the ferry...Ha!
Cheers, Zale
For me 2 days is why I am not doing the event, I may go down Saturday to hang out
Old 04-27-2011, 04:07 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,343 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
For me 2 days is why I am not doing the event, I may go down Saturday to hang out
That may be what our group does also. It's a neat event tied to a great cause. Just wish unloading would be allowed saturday. Maybe a section of the ship could be designated for day one unloading? I know the logistics of an event this size may not allow much flexibility...or maybe it's doable...hope so. Regardless, it sounds like a fun time. That many vetes in one place has me thinking like a kid in a candy store.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:40 PM
maverick111
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That may be what our group does also. It's a neat event tied to a great cause. Just wish unloading would be allowed saturday. Maybe a section of the ship could be designated for day one unloading? I know the logistics of an event this size may not allow much flexibility...or maybe it's doable...hope so. Regardless, it sounds like a fun time. That many vetes in one place has me thinking like a kid in a candy store.
A few people are having issues with this being a 2 day event. I am sorry for that but we are trying something new and it helps those that are coming from far away to be able to better enjoy themselves without being in such a rush. As for the benifits we are providing alot more things to do with out adding to the cost. As a matter of fact it is cheaper then in years past because the 2nd day was an additional charge and there was nothing for Saturday night. Saturday night will be a show-n-dance or sock hop dance aboard the Lexington and now both of these are free. Plus the 2 day event helps all of our wounded veterans that will be coming down to see and tour the show. Please remember these are our "heros" and our "VIP's" of the show. I promise that the show will be great and that everyone will walk away from this feeling a great sense of pride for being an American and knowing that we have all helped to provide much needed funds and awareness for our Veterans. The 2 days is a small sacrafice to pay for what all has been done by our previous and current Service members. Thank you all for your support as we are sold out and are starting to fill up our 5 alternate slots (3 left). Thank you so much again! See you all in September and have a safe and fun drive down here.
Maverick
Old 05-09-2011, 02:23 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Hey Rodney. I'm meeting up with some friends to drive down early Friday morning. Look me up on the ship. I may follow your bunch home if you still plan on attending. How many of you are traveling down? Some of my San Antonio friends are going as well. They have someone bringing an SUV for them to use while their cars are on board. Will look for you. Am bringing the Z.

Lisa
Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zpletcher
... It seems a lot less folks from San Antonio are going this year because of being on the boat for 2 days.
There's six of us from the Highland Lakes that have been to both past events and really enjoyed them. We all passed this year because of the two days on the ship.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM
cybergrayedd
5th Gear

Originally Posted by maverick111
A few people are having issues with this being a 2 day event. I am sorry for that but we are trying something new and it helps those that are coming from far away to be able to better enjoy themselves without being in such a rush. As for the benifits we are providing alot more things to do with out adding to the cost. As a matter of fact it is cheaper then in years past because the 2nd day was an additional charge and there was nothing for Saturday night. Saturday night will be a show-n-dance or sock hop dance aboard the Lexington and now both of these are free. Plus the 2 day event helps all of our wounded veterans that will be coming down to see and tour the show. Please remember these are our "heros" and our "VIP's" of the show. I promise that the show will be great and that everyone will walk away from this feeling a great sense of pride for being an American and knowing that we have all helped to provide much needed funds and awareness for our Veterans. The 2 days is a small sacrafice to pay for what all has been done by our previous and current Service members. Thank you all for your support as we are sold out and are starting to fill up our 5 alternate slots (3 left). Thank you so much again! See you all in September and have a safe and fun drive down here.
Maverick
Like a lot of other people responding my group would also like to get off the Lex on Saturday evening. We would like to have the use of our cars to see Corpus Christi and not feel captive.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Originally Posted by cybergrayedd
Like a lot of other people responding my group would also like to get off the Lex on Saturday evening. We would like to have the use of our cars to see Corpus Christi and not feel captive.
There's a very simple solution.................

take 2 cars down to the show.

Get notified of new replies

To Vettes and Jets on the Lex 2011

Old 06-01-2011, 02:21 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_in_Texas
There's a very simple solution.................

take 2 cars down to the show.
Amen, I'm bringing vette and wife is bringing the SUV, hit us up if you need a ride somewhere.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Aggie John
Instructor

Same for us. I'm driving the Vette and my wife the SUV.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Originally Posted by Andrew6
Amen, I'm bringing vette and wife is bringing the SUV, hit us up if you need a ride somewhere.
Thanks Andrew!! might take you up on that! Did you get in at the Omni?

Quick Reply: Vettes and Jets on the Lex 2011