Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Need a Tint Shop Recommendation Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Robert_K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Tint Shop Recommendation Please

Only want the best tint and installer. Who do you guys recommend???
Old 01-25-2010, 09:44 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

NOT eclipse window tint owned by craig cole in austin sorry, i got burned there and every chance i get i tell people not to do business with him.

you're in houston you should be okay.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Moike
Racer

Go see Mingo at Suncap.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Smokem02
Advanced

Mingo at Suncap! He is great has done many cars and stands behind his work. His shop is in spring behind the supertarget at 45 and cypresswood.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Burnt C6
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 89 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C5 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11,'22-'23

I had the Car Masseuse do my C6 they are on the corner of Briarforest and Dairy Ashford. Talk to Reggie he is the owner
Old 01-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Mister Peebody
Drifting

Location: Ok! So you don't believe in conspiracies, but will you acknowledge the possibility of there being coordinated activities in secret places? Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be a bit of a drive, but Solar Specialties in Beaumont, Texas (88 miles from you) does great work and gives a lifetime warranty. He has been in business since like 1982 so his warranty means something. He does the tint for most of the new car dealers here and he (Wally the owner) will tint your car himself if you request it. He takes great care of your vehicle.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM
chrisj
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Kool Karz in Katy (I-10 between Mason/99). They stripped the tint on my C5 Z06 and laid new tint. No damage to anything and a great job. Also did other cars for me as well. Would take my next car back in a heartbeat.

chris
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 AM
dadsturn
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Kool Carz also did mine in 04. Did a great job, and i sent many to him afterwards.

BUT.....
my back window is showing signs of wrinkle and i stopped by to see when he could replace it. He gave me a lifetime warranty when installed and also had his stickers on the tint. He refused to replace the rear unless i had the original receipt. He replaced the drivers side window 8 months ago with no problem, no receipt, just did it. Now he refuses.

He stated that he would replace the passenger side window though at no charge.

Not a good way to operate a business.

And i am making it a mission to let everyone know too.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Ishams00vette
Race Director

Adas off of Normandy. Looks like a hole in the wall. Did my c6 cheap and looks great
Old 01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
CarGoWOT
Advanced

Originally Posted by MarkRx
NOT eclipse window tint owned by craig cole in austin sorry, i got burned there and every chance i get i tell people not to do business with him.

you're in houston you should be okay.
I posted up an ad on craigslist for someone to do my window tint as a side job. I got 1 reply from the guys at eclipse. What should I know about them?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Robert_K
Racer

I ended up going to Infinity Tint off of 1960 & 45 Saturday morning. They did a good and quick install for $70. That included stripping the front doors and installing the new tint. Went with the Llumar 30%. Nice tint but not a fan of the percentage at all. But this is not due to Infinity Tint or the Llumar tint. I can thank my non-repersenting Repersentive(s) in office passing a tax like tint laws and other road/vehicle laws/taxes. / End rant.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
The Dark Knight
Instructor

Originally Posted by Moike
Go see Mingo at Suncap.

Mingo is the way to go. He takes as much time as he needs to make sure he gets it right and does the back window in one big piece so no seams in the middle. Also, just a great guy.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 PM
SunsetStroker
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who can actually make the rear tint stick to the dots or make it look good? I just got mine done and it looks like its peeling where the dots are. I wish I never lived in Midland, what a sh*thole!!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 AM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGoWOT
I posted up an ad on craigslist for someone to do my window tint as a side job. I got 1 reply from the guys at eclipse. What should I know about them?
The owner tinted my new Z06 that only had 1500 miles. Before i brought it to him, we had a lengthy convo via telephone about how hard the C6 back glass is to work with and how **** i am about the car and to see if he was up to snuff to perform the task. In the aftermath there were light surface scratches on the rear quarters and a 1 inch scratch on the rear bumper just to the left of the flags. After he wiped down his mess with paper towels on the paint which made things worse. It's a black car and i'm pretty particular about my vehicles and can assure you they were not there before hand. I know what it takes to polish the diamond like clear coat on vettes and know how easy they scratch. When i pointed them out to the owner (wife was in the other room) he said wasn't me but gave me a card to a buddy that does detailing on the side. I basically and left. Later on the owners wife called and left me a nasty voicemail saying they never scratched my car. Their business practices left a real bad taste in my mouth. He just opened at this location but claims to have been in business for several years. Anyways, that's my story.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Ounce
Burning Brakes

What percent on the rear window of my C6 (with ebony interior) would I need to get if I want it to lessen the heat in the car, but not so dark as it looks like nighttime at noon? I like using the rear view mirror to see what's back there.

Thanks for your time.

oz
Old 02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Stickboy97
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Sun Cap. Mingo does a great job.

Originally Posted by SunsetStroker
Who can actually make the rear tint stick to the dots or make it look good? I just got mine done and it looks like its peeling where the dots are. I wish I never lived in Midland, what a sh*thole!!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert@EnglandGreen
Only want the best tint and installer. Who do you guys recommend???
May be a little far for you, but I had www.johnstrim.com in Baytown Texas install tent on my 350Z & Corvette. I am very happy with their work and will use them again on my next car.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a Tint Shop Recommendation Please

Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 PM
kjsooner
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those that used Mingo at Suncap, how did he do with the black dots on the rear window? He did mine a couple years ago. Half way up the dots, the tint does not look as dark. It has kind of a wavy line going across the window where the dark tint gets lighter (almost like the tint is not all the way up to the glass). I called him after I had it done. He said he'd replace it at no cost. I just never got to it. I wanted to see how he's doing on them lately before I take the time to go back. He was very friendly though. I agree!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
C6LS3
Racer

so is mingo at suncap the way to go?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Kneel 8250
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Mingo is the man for tint.

Suncap did our Z late last year!!!!!

Around the dots on the back is his speciality. Great job.

Have a great day.

Kneel.

Quick Reply: Need a Tint Shop Recommendation Please