Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Vettes and Jets on the Lex INFO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 AM
swtato
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

Maverick, The event was top notch! We had a great time and I know it takes a lot for you to organize this, but it was worth every moment!

I hope you guys do it again, it is for a great cause and was a great time!

Here is a link to some pics I took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4247096...38669983/show/
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Crimecrusher
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maverick, first class and everyone did a great job. I feel lucky to have been part of it. I posted pics on the main general c6 forum.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 PM
chrisj
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by TX82
For those of you all who didn't hear, my car decided it didn't like sitting in line waiting to load, so it overheated. I shut it down about 50 feet from the entrance ramp, and then when it was time to move, the started got heat locked and the solenoid would not engage. After all the volunteers and good Vette people pushed us up the ramp, I toweled if off and would you know it the damm thing started right up.
I woke up from a little nap after loading my car, stepped on the balcony at the hotel just in time to see this site. What a great group of people. I bet that ramp was steep enough to make that bad boy heavy.

To Maverick, the CC Crew, and all the volunteers. Thank you. This was my second time around and I had a blast. Even more fun than last go round. I look forward to coming down again next time!

chris
Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
bhdragon
Intermediate

Default Awesome event!

Maverick and the CC Corvette Club,

What an incredible event you delivered! It was a pleasure and honor to share this with Vette owners from all parts of our state and country. Most importantly, it was a moving experience as it relates to the true focus of the day on the Lexington...to honor and raise awareness for those who make all these freedoms possible...those who serve and have served in all branches of our military.

May we never forget...HOME OF THE FREE...BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Cindy75
Instructor

Default We had a "BLAST"!

See everyone again 2011! I'm crossing fingers we'll have the 82' up by then and that this event happens in 2 years. I thank everyone for all the hard work.

to the Wounded Warriors.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
maverick111
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cindy75
See everyone again 2011! I'm crossing fingers we'll have the 82' up by then and that this event happens in 2 years. I thank everyone for all the hard work.

to the Wounded Warriors.
We are all so glad that everyone enjoyed themselves and came out "rain and shine" to help out our fellow brothers and sisters in the Armed Forces. I will get back to everyone when the check presentation and flag memorial presentation will happen for anyone and everyone who wants to attend. As for "2011" it seems like it would be good to shoot for but we'll see how the old ship is doing this time next year and be able to put down a firm time and date again. Again thank you all for making the rain sacrafice. I know with out a doubt it meant everything to the Wounded Warriors that were there.
Thanks,
Maverick
Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 PM
maverick111
Racer

Mr. Maverick: (love the name by the way) I talked to Mr. Ron...he said he was down below and didn't know the USCG was performing, so didn't get any pictures. He did however say you have this club from the Vettes and Jets (?) and that possibly you could put a word out that if anyone took pictures of the good looking Coastie hanging from the Helo and in the water,,,they could contact me. I'm a desperate Coastie mom...ha ha. I really want to blow up a picture of him..poster size.!!!
thanks for your help
Debbie Ketelsen
dketelsen@charter.net
678-953-1538 or 770-254-1215
I was wondering if anyone could help this nice lady out. She is looking for pictures of the Coast Guard rescue swimmers. Thanks.
Maverick
Old 09-17-2009, 01:41 PM
dustinztx
Instructor

Originally Posted by maverick111
Mr. Maverick: (love the name by the way) I talked to Mr. Ron...he said he was down below and didn't know the USCG was performing, so didn't get any pictures. He did however say you have this club from the Vettes and Jets (?) and that possibly you could put a word out that if anyone took pictures of the good looking Coastie hanging from the Helo and in the water,,,they could contact me. I'm a desperate Coastie mom...ha ha. I really want to blow up a picture of him..poster size.!!!
thanks for your help
Debbie Ketelsen
dketelsen@charter.net
678-953-1538 or 770-254-1215
I was wondering if anyone could help this nice lady out. She is looking for pictures of the Coast Guard rescue swimmers. Thanks.
Maverick
I have some and will send them out if decent. I haven't finished uploading them to my computer yet.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 PM
maverick111
Racer

Just to let everyone know here in the next week we will start having updates to the Vettes and Jets web site, as far as money raised and items for sale (patches, stickers, t-shirts, etc.). Anything sold will help us to continue to raise money for the WWP through out the year. I will let everyone know asap about the check and memorial flag presentation for those whom would like to join us. Remember it took everyone working together to raise this money so it is only right that we all get to be a part of the presentation. Again thank you all for your support of this event and for supporting our wounded veterans.
Maverick
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM
saibel
Racer

Nice job everyone with this event. I have only heard great things. Congrats!!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 PM
maverick111
Racer

We have several t-shirts (various sizes), patches and stickers left over. Anyone interested please contact me via www.vettesandjetsonthelex.org and we will get them out to you or your group (large/bulk orders will recieve a discount). Anything that we sell will continue to help the Wounded Warrior Project and their cause. They have a bike ride comming up in March called the Lone Star Challenge and maybe we can all get together to support them in Austin, San Antonio and Corpus Christi. Check the WWP web site to see if there is one in your area.
Maverick
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 PM
maverick111
Racer

Default Photographers for vettes and jets

http://zipperon.zenfolio.com/vettesandjets (Ron Randolf still photos) and www.lanmonaerial.com (aerial photos)

These are the 2 official photographers for the Vettes and Jets on the Lex event. I hope that this helps everyone who is looking for pictures. Ron Randolf also has the aerial photos for the Texas State Aquarium.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
maverick111
Racer

To let everyone know we will be doing the check presentation and flag memorial presentation to the WWP and the USS Lexington on Saturday 10 October at 3:30pm aboard the Lexington in the hangar deck next to the stage (all who can come are invited to be a part of this). We are going to be writing a check to the WWP for $32,640. As sales continue to go on we hope to write another check next year as well. We should have the video available for sale here in the next week or 2 at the latest. Thanks again for making this a memorable event.
Maverick
Old 10-10-2009, 03:42 PM
maverick111
Racer

Default Items for sale

We have some 1 of 325 t-shirts left for sale $15, event t-shirts are now just $10, patches $5, stickers $3 and new to the items is a 3" X 4" sticker of the WWP logo that says on top proud supporter and below reads Wounded Warrior Project these are a $5 donation. All items go to continue to support the WWP. We will have these items on hand at the Longhorn Corvette Club show on 24 October in Georgetown, TX.
Thanks for all of the continued support,
Maverick

Quick Reply: Vettes and Jets on the Lex INFO!!!