Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Texas,What are you doing New Years Eve?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
back 40
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Texas,What are you doing New Years Eve?

I'll start... I don't have a clue!, Usually we throw a party, but I've been so busy with Ike reconsruction, I did not plan it out. I guess I could still do that, but there's also hotels(probably already booked), Vegas!(could be costly),or just sit at the Back 40 and do nothing.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:17 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Gettin Blowin Of course in the Vette
Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
T's C6
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am open for a Happy VETTE New Years Eve?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 PM
BlueC5Kitten
Le Mans Master

Location: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. Texas
CI 4-5-6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

No plans for New Year's Eve...but diving the Comal River on New Year's Day.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:52 AM
back 40
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by BlueC5Kitten
No plans for New Year's Eve...but diving the Comal River on New Year's Day.
Are you kwazy?, That rivers cold in the summer!, I assume your wearing neoprene? Talk about a hangover cure!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:57 AM
mbzboy
Advanced

Default Getting On an Airplane, any suggestions

A bunch of years ago, I made a vow to go somewhere different for New Years Eve. I wanted to go somewhere I'd never been before, meet with people that thought different from moi, people who spoke a different language.

So, far Mexico, Austria, Brazil, New York City, yes the speak a foreign language there, mountains of Arkansas, again definitely a foreign location, desert outside El Paso in an adobe shack with no running water and an outhouse. Ok, so not all were in foreign countries, but all were outside my "comfort" zone.

This year I've had an invitation to Dubai and Brazil. By the way, cost of planes isn't a problem; I fly standby or use mileage points.

While I've already visited Brazil, there are lots of places to visit there, would qualify as new place.

Any suggestions where I should go? Please have a reason why I should go to the place you suggest.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
back 40
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by mbzboy
A bunch of years ago, I made a vow to go somewhere different for New Years Eve. I wanted to go somewhere I'd never been before, meet with people that thought different from moi, people who spoke a different language.

So, far Mexico, Austria, Brazil, New York City, yes the speak a foreign language there, mountains of Arkansas, again definitely a foreign location, desert outside El Paso in an adobe shack with no running water and an outhouse. Ok, so not all were in foreign countries, but all were outside my "comfort" zone.

This year I've had an invitation to Dubai and Brazil. By the way, cost of planes isn't a problem; I fly standby or use mileage points.

While I've already visited Brazil, there are lots of places to visit there, would qualify as new place.

Any suggestions where I should go? Please have a reason why I should go to the place you suggest.
Costa Rica. Went there last year. Way prettier than Mexico,people were friendlier, Lots to do. Take your alcohol though, it's pretty expensive there. I will go back, stayed in a 2 mil. house sitting on a steep slope on the Pacific side with the jungle all around me. Would wake up to monkies jumping through the trees. Too many things to list that made that such an awesome trip.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:21 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Hopefully, absolutely nothing.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:38 AM
mbzboy
Advanced

Default Costa Rica

Went to Costa Rica about a dozen years ago. Stayed on the Pacific Side and every afternoon it rained buckets. Learned to position myself at the bar by the ocean and watch the newly created river flow down the road to the beach. Invented several new drinks at that bar, just don't remember their ingredients.

Overall I wasn't that impressed with Costa Rica, but then I wasn't staying in $2M house.

What else you Got?
Old 12-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Originally Posted by mbzboy
Went to Costa Rica about a dozen years ago. Stayed on the Pacific Side and every afternoon it rained buckets. Learned to position myself at the bar by the ocean and watch the newly created river flow down the road to the beach. Invented several new drinks at that bar, just don't remember their ingredients.

Overall I wasn't that impressed with Costa Rica, but then I wasn't staying in $2M house.

What else you Got?
I've got a scots friend who holidays in Dubai and loves it. He also goes to the Maldives.
How about Australia? It's their summer.

As for me, no plans for NYE.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 PM
falcn1
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

We still have time to plan something
Old 12-28-2008, 09:55 PM
BaBaBlackGoat
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_in_Texas
I've got a scots friend who holidays in Dubai and loves it. He also goes to the Maldives.
How about Australia? It's their summer.

As for me, no plans for NYE.
My internet gf does not have plans?

Get notified of new replies

To Texas,What are you doing New Years Eve?

Quick Reply: Texas,What are you doing New Years Eve?