Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Anybody need a guy that knows networks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 05:09 PM
mcintex
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Default Anybody need a guy that knows networks?

Today I was told that the company is downsizing and I will be being impacted. I have been doing networks for 29 years and am very knowledgeable about datacenters, multi-site connectivity and have been in numerous sales and support roles. Email me at mcvhintex@tx.rr.com for my resume. Currently live in DFW TX area, but will consider relocating for the right opportunity.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Cliff, I am so sorry to hear that but it sure seems to be the norm these days. Good luck finding another job very soon and I hope it is here locally.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:13 PM
DFWLCJ
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Cliff
Hate to hear this ...it's usually the guys with the heavy experience (and related salaries) that get the axe first. Leaves all those kids with their playstaion backgrounds to make the heavy decisions and hope they are right.

Look here (http://www.oracle.com/corporate/employment/index.html) for all kinds of opportunities within Oracle, both internally and in the consulting realm. ... If you see something you like the looks of send me a resume and I can set up a referral or just register on the site if you'd rather.

Larry
Old 06-24-2008, 06:33 PM
mcintex
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I won't discuss how frustrated or degraded I feel today. Tomorrow I should feel better somehow. I have worked for several companies (not all 29 for the same) and have been through this once before. (But that doesn't make me feel any better.)

Thanks Roy and Larry.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM
RubyRedTX
Racer

So sorry to hear that Cliff! It sucks I know. Been through two lay offs myself, but there's another IT position out there. I'll keep my ears open!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 PM
geekracer
Melting Slicks

I'll let you know if I come across any job openings.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
5W0P3
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this Cliff, there are companies looking though! Good luck to you. I'm constantly having people email me about jobs, i'll forward anything I think you might be interested in.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Cliff,

That really sucks, man. Sorry to hear it.

if you're willing to trade 15-20% of your market worth for job security, UNT is hiring .. there's a systems manager IV position up..

https://jobs.unt.edu/
Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 PM
~Maverick
All Men Die, but Few LIVE
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Cliff, I hate to hear this...hope everything works out for the better for you, and stop with the moving away talk...You belong here!

~Maverick
Old 06-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Closer_2001
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mcintex
Today I was told that the company is downsizing and I will be being impacted. I have been doing networks for 29 years and am very knowledgeable about datacenters, multi-site connectivity and have been in numerous sales and support roles. Email me at mcvhintex@tx.rr.com for my resume. Currently live in DFW TX area, but will consider relocating for the right opportunity.

Shoot me your resume...are you set on being an "end user" in IT, or are you interested in solution selling?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 AM
jtkeller
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

Sorry to hear about that Cliff - I just found 5W0P3 a job and would've gladly gave you the lead first if I had known sooner. Lucky for 5W0P3 I guess...

Will you be at Rosa's tomorrow night? I'll buy you a beer!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Torch Red Tim
Pro

St. Jude Donor '09

Cliff
Man that sucks! I hope you end up in a better situation and can look back at this as something that pushed you in a good direction. Though right now. If I hear of anything I will let you know.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Big Tex
Instructor

Hi Cliff, I beleive we met at Bone Daddy's about a month or two ago. Have you thought about serving as a consultant to a handful of small businesses in the area? We are a small investment management company (20 employees) headquarted in Southlake and outsource our IT work to a computer tech company in the area to the tune of approx $60k a year. We are highly reliant on our computer systems working properly (currently trading approximately $2 billion) and pay extra for prompt reliable service (turn-around time of an hour or less). Unfortunately, we do not have enough issues/personnel for me to justify employing a full time individual of your caliber at this time, however I would be more than happy to entertain outsourcing such services to you on a consulting basis. If you get a handful of accounts similar to ours it could be a very good business. If this is something you are interested in shoot me a pm and we can talk.

Jason
Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
mcintex
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Big Tex
Hi Cliff, I beleive we met at Bone Daddy's about a month or two ago. Have you thought about serving as a consultant to a handful of small businesses in the area? We are a small investment management company (20 employees) headquarted in Southlake and outsource our IT work to a computer tech company in the area to the tune of approx $60k a year. We are highly reliant on our computer systems working properly (currently trading approximately $2 billion) and pay extra for prompt reliable service (turn-around time of an hour or less). Unfortunately, we do not have enough issues/personnel for me to justify employing a full time individual of your caliber at this time, however I would be more than happy to entertain outsourcing such services to you on a consulting basis. If you get a handful of accounts similar to ours it could be a very good business. If this is something you are interested in shoot me a pm and we can talk.

Jason
Jason, thanks. I am considering everything right now. Let me do some digging around.

Originally Posted by jtkeller
Sorry to hear about that Cliff - I just found 5W0P3 a job and would've gladly gave you the lead first if I had known sooner. Lucky for 5W0P3 I guess...

Will you be at Rosa's tomorrow night? I'll buy you a beer!
Justin, I will be there.

Originally Posted by Closer_2001
Shoot me your resume...are you set on being an "end user" in IT, or are you interested in solution selling?
Please send me a PM with more information. I am a lot more than an "end-user" in IT.

Originally Posted by CleteZ16
Cliff,

That really sucks, man. Sorry to hear it.

if you're willing to trade 15-20% of your market worth for job security, UNT is hiring .. there's a systems manager IV position up..

https://jobs.unt.edu/
Clete, thanks will check it out.

Thanks to everyone for your support. Yesterday I went through a number of emotions personally and the outpouring of kind words did great wonders for my spirit.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
gm2bad
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Damn Cliff sorry to here about this.
Hope everything works out.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Dang Cliff that's a bummer, but the great thing about Corvette Guys and Gals is that they look out for and help their own.

I'll pass along any thing I hear about.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
WrEcKeD1101
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear Cliff. I'll see if we have something here also. Can you do VOIP?

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody need a guy that knows networks?

Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
mcintex
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by WrEcKeD1101
Sorry to hear Cliff. I'll see if we have something here also. Can you do VOIP?
Scott, in a prior position I worked for a PBX company that competed with Cisco directly. I helped define the requirements for the VOIP solution. Technically yes, I know VOIP. Depending on the system, such as Cisco Call Manager, is how well I know it. (I don't intend to be vague, but VOIP is a big topic.)
Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Hey bud...I am really sorry to hear that. But man, what a great community we have here! Hope some of these leads can turn out for you.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
MontereyRedC6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Cliff:
My sentiments to you as well. Just stay the course and things will be fine. I've seen friends that stop trying. And, that guarantees failure.

Good luck in your search!
Curt

Quick Reply: Anybody need a guy that knows networks?