Body Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 PM
98C5RT
Burning Brakes

Location: Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Republic of Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shop Recommendations

I'm trying to figure out if anyone has used or can recommend a local body shop to the Plano area, that will install GM parts that I provide? I have an estimate for the repairs to my car but they "have to order the parts that they will install."

I can save over $1,000 by ordering the parts myself, avoiding their markup on cost. Anyway, if anyone knows of a trustworthy shop that I can get in touch with fairly quickly, please respond here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
MisterC
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 98C5RT
I'm trying to figure out if anyone has used or can recommend a local body shop to the Plano area, that will install GM parts that I provide? I have an estimate for the repairs to my car but they "have to order the parts that they will install."

I can save over $1,000 by ordering the parts myself, avoiding their markup on cost. Anyway, if anyone knows of a trustworthy shop that I can get in touch with fairly quickly, please respond here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
Ken,

Call Shane at Complete Collision, (972) 681-3404. They are located in Mesquite on I30. Tell him that I recommended him to you. They have done work on my car(s) on several occasions and in fact have the Vette now for some paint work. He might work with you on the parts.

Robert
Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Bizzy77
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shop in Plano

Try Lewis Paint and Body Shop on Avenue J, just a block north of Planno Parkway. They are very patient, and will work with you. Keep in mind that if you are in a hurry, you will pay more. They will do bodywork/paint on your vette like they did mine, but since it is not an insurance job, you will have to let them take their time at it. It's cheaper that way if you let them do it as fill-in work. Plus they only do one or two projects at a time. It took them about 3 1/2 months to do my car, but it was sure worth ever penny of it. I'll be finished with my 77 Corvette later this month, as soon as I can get that LH instrument panel in. As soon as I get the insurance, tags and inspection, I plan to drive it over there.

Bizzy77
Plano, TX

Get notified of new replies

To Body Shop Recommendations

Quick Reply: Body Shop Recommendations