Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Austin, Texas Area meets

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:32 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I drove to 620/I35, got there at 6:15, 3 Georgetown Taxis were the only cars in the lot. Still early and pleasant weather so I drove to the Oak Hill "Y" meet, got there at 6:45 and ended up staying till 8:15. Lots of interesting cars; Nissan Z w/a turboed Lexus motor and auto trans that runs 146MPH 1/4's, 2 drag cars on trailers, T-buckets, Chopped and Channelled A's, a '52 Chevy fastback on a recent Caddy frame and drivetrain, ''50 Chevy fastback 50's custom, 2 '57 TBirds, Mustangs, etc, etc, etc. Few 'Vettes; my C6, 2 C5's, 2 C2's (1 survivor and 1 restored), a C3 then a few other 'Vette drive bys that didn't stop for long.

Interesting, 620/I35 is 13 miles from my house, Oak Hill "Y" is 17 miles. I got the highest DIC mileage ever on my C6, showing 27.8 when I got home, re-set at the house when I left for 620/I35, city traffic to I35, I35 @ 70-75MPH to the 620 exit, thru the parking lot then back to I35, to 183, to Mopac, to 290/71 @ 70-75MPH and then to the Oak hill meet, back to 290/71, to Mopac, to 183, to Ohlen Rd exit and home for a total of 61 miles @ 27.8 MPG. I'm impressed with the mileage, that's the longest hiway drive since I got the car in April. maybe the guys claiming 29-30 MPG Highway are right?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by haljensen
I drove to 620/I35, got there at 6:15, 3 Georgetown Taxis were the only cars in the lot. Still early and pleasant weather so I drove to the Oak Hill "Y" meet, got there at 6:45 and ended up staying till 8:15. Lots of interesting cars; Nissan Z w/a turboed Lexus motor and auto trans that runs 146MPH 1/4's, 2 drag cars on trailers, T-buckets, Chopped and Channelled A's, a '52 Chevy fastback on a recent Caddy frame and drivetrain, ''50 Chevy fastback 50's custom, 2 '57 TBirds, Mustangs, etc, etc, etc. Few 'Vettes; my C6, 2 C5's, 2 C2's (1 survivor and 1 restored), a C3 then a few other 'Vette drive bys that didn't stop for long.

Interesting, 620/I35 is 13 miles from my house, Oak Hill "Y" is 17 miles. I got the highest DIC mileage ever on my C6, showing 27.8 when I got home, re-set at the house when I left for 620/I35, city traffic to I35, I35 @ 70-75MPH to the 620 exit, thru the parking lot then back to I35, to 183, to Mopac, to 290/71 @ 70-75MPH and then to the Oak hill meet, back to 290/71, to Mopac, to 183, to Ohlen Rd exit and home for a total of 61 miles @ 27.8 MPG. I'm impressed with the mileage, that's the longest hiway drive since I got the car in April. maybe the guys claiming 29-30 MPG Highway are right?
I came later so I missed seeing you.

My mileage has been all over the place since having the head/cam package installed. I've gotten as high as 27 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph and as low as 16 mpg in the city. Yesterday going to thee 620/35 then to the "Y" I got 22 mpg. Granted, my right foot needed to be stretch a few times which could explain some of the difference. I had one of the gentlemen that comes to the 620/35 meet monitor my ECM tune with HP Tuner for an hour and everything looked good.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

while were talking about a tune, is there any free softwre online that allows you to monitor your ECU? I have an OBD-II to use cable.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
AM.MSCL
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

It sounds like you got there way to early this past weekend. A couple of friends in another car club showed up at 7:30pm that night and stayed till 10pm. They said no Police of any city or state showed up and there were 50-60 cars. None of the problem makers and no import crowd showed up.

This weekend may or may not be a big turn out due to 3 different car shows in Austin going on. Classics at Rudy's @ 183, German @ Fry's and British at Settler's Park in Round Rock. Plus a Corvette show in Temple or Waco and the CF Picnic in DFW.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by AM.MSCL
This weekend may or may not be a big turn out due to 3 different car shows in Austin going on. Classics at Rudy's @ 183, German @ Fry's and British at Settler's Park in Round Rock. Plus a Corvette show in Temple or Waco and the CF Picnic in DFW.

Plus ACL...
Old 09-28-2008, 07:22 AM
ESturm
Advanced

Default New Place to Meet

I have been getting an E-Mail every so often about a car show at one of the local restaurants in Pflugerville. I got one the other day which said they had outgrown the restaurant they were at and were moving. Last night a friend and I decided to check out this car show.

We arrived about 6:30 PM. There were a few cars there from the meet at 620 and IH-35. Turnout was low because of everything happening in Austin yesterday. I talked to James Lyle, the guy behind this show, about the show and some of the problems we had at previous places. He assured me none of these problems would happen here and gave me reasons why not. He also said he would have part of the parking lot roped off for exclusive use of the car show. He gives out awards and has a 50/50 drawing which benefits the local high school football foundation. He was also willing to set aside areas of the show for folks who would like to be grouped together, car clubs, Corvettes, Vipers, etc.

Location: next to the Texas Roadhouse in front of Tinseltown on IH-35
Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM every Saturday Night

Everett
Old 09-28-2008, 12:08 PM
jam313
Instructor

Originally Posted by ESturm
I have been getting an E-Mail every so often about a car show at one of the local restaurants in Pflugerville. I got one the other day which said they had outgrown the restaurant they were at and were moving. Last night a friend and I decided to check out this car show.

We arrived about 6:30 PM. There were a few cars there from the meet at 620 and IH-35. Turnout was low because of everything happening in Austin yesterday. I talked to James Lyle, the guy behind this show, about the show and some of the problems we had at previous places. He assured me none of these problems would happen here and gave me reasons why not. He also said he would have part of the parking lot roped off for exclusive use of the car show. He gives out awards and has a 50/50 drawing which benefits the local high school football foundation. He was also willing to set aside areas of the show for folks who would like to be grouped together, car clubs, Corvettes, Vipers, etc.

Everett

Is there a fee?
Old 09-28-2008, 01:15 PM
ESturm
Advanced

No Fee.

There is a pop-up set up where you can buy 50/50 tickets and other stuff.

Everett
Old 09-28-2008, 03:07 PM
txz06ce
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ESturm

Everett
So that's where you and Tom were going. I saw ya'll, but it didn't register until we were past. We went by and checked out 620 & I35. There were a few cars, but a friend who came by later said that there were 2-3 Honda Civics racing around the parking lot and the police showed up and told everyone to leave again.
Where's the nearest Whataburger to this place?
Old 09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

why is it no one acts stupid when i am there? I can assure you i'll be the first to get right up in the face of these knuckeheads that are ruining our meet spots. Maybe the tinseltown meet spot will be a success for the north austin folks
Old 09-28-2008, 04:09 PM
ESturm
Advanced

Originally Posted by TXZ06CE
So that's where you and Tom were going. I saw ya'll, but it didn't register until we were past. We went by and checked out 620 & I35. There were a few cars, but a friend who came by later said that there were 2-3 Honda Civics racing around the parking lot and the police showed up and told everyone to leave again.
I thought that was you when we were waiting to turn on Gattis School road. I waved but I don't think you were paying attention (not to mention my dark tinted windows).

The nearest Whataburger is down IH-35 on the west side frontage road and can be reached from the Wells Branch exit than cross Wells Branch or the Howard Lane exit and get in the right hand lane immediately. It's next to a IHOP.

I saw James tell someone driving through with loud music to turn it down which he did. Next weekend might still be a little disorganized since the Pflugerville Football Boosters are having a real car show at Pflugerville High School on Saturday.

Everett
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
unionlandlord
C5 General
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Boosted in Manhattan & Round Rock TX. President of the Non Club Club of Kansas and Round Rock , Not the flat part.

Ill meet up w/ you guys next Sat. Just let me know ware and when.

Paul G.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by unionlandlord
Ill meet up w/ you guys next Sat. Just let me know ware and when.

Paul G.

Paul, First one at the meeting is the temp pres.,,,,how are you doing?

So you can pass the ap and nonrules and whylaws along:

APPLICATION FOR NON-MEMBERSHIP
NON-CLUB CLUB

I, ____________________ SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO PAY NO DUES, NEVER TO VOTE ON ANY MATTER OR ACTIVITY, TO JUST SHOW UP WHENEVER MY PRESENCE IT NOT REQUIRED AT BUT IS ALLOWED, THAT I WILL NEVER COME TO ANY NON CLUB CLUB NON OFFICIAL ACTIVITY IN ANY CAR OR TRUCK THAT COULD BE DESIGNATED BY ANY OTHER NON CLUB CLUB NON MEMBER AS A "RICER". I FURTHER PLEDGE TO SCORN AND PHYSICALLY FIGHT IF DEEMED NECESSAY BY A NON VOTE OF THE MAJORITY OF NON MEMBERS ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY NON PREAPPROVED "UN" MEMBER TO NOT WANT TO BECOME A NON MEMBER IN THE NON CLUB CLUB WHO APPLYS FOR SAID NON MEMEBERSHIP IF SAID NON APPLICANT DOES NOT OWN AT LEAST ONE

CORVETTE

SO HELP ME, BOWLING GREEN

SIGNED___________________ DATE_______________

Please print, sign and date, then destroy in a manner that leaves no evidence whatsoever!

THE NON CLUB CLUB of Fill in the Blank_______________

THE NONRULES AND WHYLAWS

SECTION ONE – THE NONRULES

1. There are no Rules!
2. See nonrule number 1.

SECTION TWO – THE WHYLAWS

1. The Whylaws are not needed but since they are required for some unknown reason we have agreed to not have the following:
a. No one shall be excluded from nonmembership unless they don’t own a Corvette, know someone who does, never wants to own one, or thinks that Corvettes suck.
b. Dues will not be accepted at any time! If you feel the need to buy something, buy a beer, lunch, dinner or a very expensive mod for another nonmember.
c. Compliments on a nonmember’s Vette are encouraged but not required unless you are trying to trick another nonmember into complying with 1.b. above. Then it might be a good idea.
d. Trash talking on the Corvette Forum, in person, or on any other semi-acceptable form of communication is very much encouraged, but, not required.
e. Modding of any Corvette is permissible at any time for any reason even if no one understands or agrees with the mod in nonquestion.
f. No votes are considered binding for any reason whatsoever for whatever the vote was taken for because,,,,,no votes can be counted because no voting will be allowed or recognized. See Nonrule number 1.
g. Aspirin is the recommended, but non required drug to ingest before reading further.
h. Non Club Club of Oklahoma nonevents are non sanctioned by anybody, any Body unless the nonmembers nonagree that it is cool to show up or not.
i. A fully nonsanctioned Non Club Club of Oklahoma event is defined as anytime one or more nonmembers do anything while doing that function within 10,000 miles of their Corvette or if the nonmember thinks about their Corvette within three and one half weeks of performing the aforementioned thing they were doing.
j. Any nonmember can be identified as driving or parking any Vette as either really clean or really filthy or anywhere in between at anytime unless it is real dark. Then, and only then, unless nobody cares or notices, can such identification and description be a matter of discussion or not.
k. Photographic evidence of Mods are encouraged but not required unless a nonmember throws the smiley face with the BS flag, either in person or on the Corvette Forum or other acceptable communication forum. In case of the noncompliance with this whylaw, nothing will be done, maybe.
l. Street Racing is Officially discouraged and will not be tolerated,,,,but will be graded.
m. At NO Time shall any nonmember not belong to the Non Club Club of Oklahoma unless at that time the nonmember secretly needs to not belong in order to save his or her life, or, get laid.
n. Ricer owners SUCK! Mostly.
o. Nonsanctioned Nonevents don’t count unless any nonmember wants them to, or not.
p. Never, and WE mean NEVER does any nonmember EVER,,,,,,, NEVERMIND!
q. Damn, we are only on q. Well we don’t like q. Or do we?
r. All attempts to increase RWHP or RWTQ are encouraged. But non required,,,,yeah right.
s. Pictures of Non Club Club of Oklahoma NonEvents are Nonsanctioned and cannot be sold, reproduced, copied, edited or given away without the expressed written consent of the pictured nonmember’s car or nonmember. Or not.
t. Really BAD pics can cause death or bodily harm to be inflicted on the photographer by a nonvote of the entire nonmembership.
u. Really tacky, drunken, sober, ugly or any where in between behavior will be noticed.
v. All nonmembers are nonrequired to have on their person or in their console enough quarters to wash their Vette just in case it needs it! Or not.
w. Nonmembers can never renounce their nonmembership unless they don’t have a Vette anymore, pledge to never own a Vette ever again, buy a RICER or decide to purchase a Ugo. In which case a special Non Club Club of Oklahoma nonmeeting will not be called to not decide whether or not the nonmember should lose his or her nonmembership status.
x. In no way should nonmembership in the Non Club Club of Oklahoma be considered as an accomplishment of any kind.
y. In no way should nonmembership in the Non Club Club of Oklahoma be considered as anything to be ashamed of. Unless, (see m. above) then it’s cool, or maybe just excusable.
z. Finally. See Below*

• Nothing on the previous pages means anything at all,,,,,,,,,,unless you want it to, and in that case don’t tell anyone because they won’t or shouldn’t care.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:20 PM
unionlandlord
C5 General
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Boosted in Manhattan & Round Rock TX. President of the Non Club Club of Kansas and Round Rock , Not the flat part.

I sent you a PM. Texas is pretty sweet.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM
AM.MSCL
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by TXZ06CE
I am curious to find out what time your friend said the police kicked everyone out. I have a friend that claims to have been there at 7:30pm - 9:45pm when the police showed up and told everyone to leave. No reason for the police to ask people other then wanting it clear out by 10pm.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:51 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

With no one sure of the where or when of any meets I'm going to go to the Oak Hill "Y" tomorrow night. At least there are some different cars there that I haven't seen at other meets over the last few years. 6:30 till ?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas

With no one sure of the where or when of any meets I'm going to go to the Oak Hill "Y" tomorrow night. At least there are some different cars there that I haven't seen at other meets over the last few years. 6:30 till ?
I was at the "Y" last Saturday between 8 to 9 pm. There was probably 30-40 cars parked in the old Albertson's lot. A new ZR1 which was at the Rudy's show, a supercharged Z06, a mid-year with LS2 engine mounted in an aftermarket frame, a few race cars on trailers, old Mustangs, '50's cars, and rods. Pretty diverse group.

Is the RT620/35 meet really dead or do the cops monitor then throw everyone out that night when one guy does something stupid. (Oh, to be 18 yrs old again.....but that's another story.)

Last edited by Mez; 10-04-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Austin, Texas Area meets

Old 10-04-2008, 11:22 AM
ESturm
Advanced

I suspect the IH-35/620 spot is dead. The troublemakers seem to keep going back and causing the police to show up.

Some of us are going to meet at the organized spot in front of Tinseltown, next to the Texas Roadhouse. We'll see how this one works out.

From the South on IH-35 take the Grand Avenue Parkway Exit 248 and get in the right lane.
From the North on IH-35 take the Wells Branch Exit 247 and take the U-Turn lane to go back North on the Frontage Road. Get in the right lane.

Tinseltown/Texas Roadhouse is on the right. The entrance to the parking lot is pretty steep so don't take it too fast.

The meet goes from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Everett Sturm
Old 10-04-2008, 05:08 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mez
I was at the "Y" last Saturday between 8 to 9 pm. There was probably 30-40 cars parked in the old Albertson's lot. A new ZR1 which was at the Rudy's show, a supercharged Z06, a mid-year with LS2 engine mounted in an aftermarket frame, a few race cars on trailers, old Mustangs, '50's cars, and rods. Pretty diverse group.

Is the RT620/35 meet really dead or do the cops monitor then throw everyone out that night when one guy does something stupid. (Oh, to be 18 yrs old again.....but that's another story.)
3? weeks ago about 7PM a Uniformed Round Rock Cop asked us (5-6 'vette owners) to leave the 620/I35 meet, said the owner didn't want us there. That was Official enough for me. The Cop walked the full lot, asked everybody to leave.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Mez
Safety Car

I got to the "Y" at 7:30 last night and there were a few Corvettes but as I said before, its a pretty diverse group. No ricers if I remember. Since I did not see anyone I know, I left after 15 minutes and went up to the 620/35 meet and arrived at around 8:30.

When I arrived, there were newer GTO's, Supras, Camaros, and "ricers" were there but left around 10pm. There was a new yellow Corvette and later a blue original 1965 Big Block Coupe drove up that looked very nice, then a C5 supercharged Z06, and a C6 Z06. I few of us stayed around and chatted to about 10:30am. No cops.

Quick Reply: Austin, Texas Area meets