GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:43 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Grumble..

Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:42 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

here we go again....

we probably should have organized this meeting day 2 1/2 yrs ago....I'm betting this recent drought would have never happened
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the deal ? .....I may chance it anyhow since my ride's dirty.

However, if it starts storming I can stick around too long.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:48 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, I missed this one due to that bad four letter word. Yeah , it was WORK. But I am really looking forward to the next one. Man, something always seems to come up where work has to interfere. Anyway, let's hope that it doesn't rain next Tuesday. And the other good thing is that next week I have Wed off so this time I get to drink more than Iced Tea. This time I get to drink the good stuff!!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM
in2fun
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Man, I hope we have no rain for this next one. I can't wait to use my new camera. My old one bit the dust on the motorcycle trip to Big Bend. You can check out the motorcycle trip pics at www.borntooride.blogspot.com Anyway, I Agree, the first cut is the worst The next time mine goes out I think that's how I'll fix it. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Pray for NO RAIN !!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
verskel
Safety Car

Default Paul drinks by himself

Actually the rain cleared out this past Tuesday so I took the chance to find nobody there

So yet another Paul drinks by himself........on the patio

But.....instead of -ing I stuck around to catch the first part of the Mav's game then raced home to see the last Quarter. What a game and they won by nothing short of a miracle !

Hope to see everyone there NEXT Tuesday......
Old 05-04-2007, 04:57 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

We'll be there for sure. Well as sure as we can be this far in advance. I hate to look at the extended forecast. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 AM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

30% tomorrow/night. Vette's dirty anyway and I have a fresh dyno sheet to show off.

If I can get the roomie kicked out today (a week late ) there should be no probs for tomorrow night!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

So is everyone going tonight? I was just looking at the weather forecast and it states that the Denton area is under a flash flood watch starting from 7pm until Thursday. Tonight chance of rain is 80% now. Hmmm I like those odds. I guess we will have to check the radar before 7:30pm and try to get an up to date forecast. Damn, this was my first time to get to go to one of these where I had the next day off.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:38 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Rain is waayyy out West still, three counties away.. I think it'll be 11pm-12am before the rain hits our area.

I need to decompress. I'll be there come he11 or high water.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Hey Clete,

We are going to be there as well rain or shine. I'm looking forward to seeing that dyno sheet of yours Clete. It's going to be nice to see everyone. It seems like it has been almost a month since we have made it to one of these get togethers. See everyone there.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Hey it was good seeing you guys tonight. Maybe we can see if LAB will set aside some parking for us next time. It would be good advertisement for them as well as good PR. Congrats on the very impressive numbers Clete!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Watchful
Pro

Location: An Englishman drinking his way through Tewksbury MA
St. Jude Donor '09

Hey guys, I'm back in town, ready for next Tuesday?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Allzwell
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

We'll see you all there on Thursday

Leaving from Hou on Wed morning
Old 05-13-2007, 12:23 AM
in2fun
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If We don't have any rain... I'll be there Tuesday. Anyone going ? If the weather turns out good , we should have a good turn out. I don't think to many of us have had our cars out much.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:33 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

We are definitely going to be there. Do you think it is possible for us to be able to secure parking as a group? I am wondering if their management might possibly set aside some spaces since alot of Vettes in a parking lot can only be good for business. Who knows but it was just a thought. And the good news again is that I'm off the next day so it looks like another Guiness with Clete. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:46 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by NocarbutaVetteforme
.. I am wondering if their management might possibly set aside some spaces since alot of Vettes in a parking lot can only be good for business. ..
Like my manager is fond of saying, "that's a great idea.. let me know how it goes"

http://www.lifesabeachgrill.com/Contacts.htm

If ya pull it off, I'll buy you that Guinness..

On the flipside, though, if he sets aside parking and not enough of us show up, we'll end up looking lame and we can't have that. If we could get 5 contiguous spaces up front, that'd be a good start and we could probably fill it and it wouldn't hurt his parking availability.

And, oh yeah, tomorrow night looks pretty good. 40% chance, but it's a front coming through and I'm betting it'll be very late. This time I'll try to remember the stupid dyno sheet.

Get notified of new replies

To GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas

Old 05-14-2007, 05:46 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Originally Posted by CleteZ16
Like my manager is fond of saying, "that's a great idea.. let me know how it goes"

http://www.lifesabeachgrill.com/Contacts.htm

If ya pull it off, I'll buy you that Guinness..

On the flipside, though, if he sets aside parking and not enough of us show up, we'll end up looking lame and we can't have that. If we could get 5 contiguous spaces up front, that'd be a good start and we could probably fill it and it wouldn't hurt his parking availability.

And, oh yeah, tomorrow night looks pretty good. 40% chance, but it's a front coming through and I'm betting it'll be very late. This time I'll try to remember the stupid dyno sheet.
Well Clete, you better bring your wallet for that Guinness . I asked to speak to a manager and they put me in contact with Jim Verfurth. I talked to him for a while and he really liked the idea. Jim happens to be the President of LAB so we can pretty much rest assured we will get some parking spots. He said he would reserve some spots with parking cones. All we need to do is provide him the number of parking spots that we need. He was actually pretty enthused about the idea of a bunch of Corvettes parked out there. And don't forget that dyno sheet!! If everyone can just kind of give a head count I will contact him and get us some spots reserved.

Last edited by NocarbutaVetteforme; 05-14-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Default Beer Thirty !

Hey Guys......see ya there and ANYONE reading this thread having hesitations - come on out !

The start of the thread has a link and map to Life's a Beach - very cool hangout almost like you're on a small island somewhere

We usually hangout at a Giant Surfboard table inside by the bar - sometimes we move outdoors on the patio........

I'll be wearing a Tie-Dye shirt with all colors of the rainbow.

-Paul

Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by NocarbutaVetteforme
Well Clete, you better bring your wallet for that Guinness . I asked to speak to a manager and they put me in contact with Jim Verfurth. I talked to him for a while and he really liked the idea. Jim happens to be the President of LAB so we can pretty much rest assured we will get some parking spots. He said he would reserve some spots with parking cones. All we need to do is provide him the number of parking spots that we need. He was actually pretty enthused about the idea of a bunch of Corvettes parked out there. And don't forget that dyno sheet!! If everyone can just kind of give a head count I will contact him and get us some spots reserved.
Wow, I didn't think you'd actually do it.. but excellent! Dennis, Guinness on me tonight. We'll see how many show up tonight (nice night!) .. and use that number as a starting point.

I'll be there, dyno sheet in hand and I got some new bling put on this past Friday night. However, I won't be able to make it until about 8 to 8:30, apologies. Mom's still in town and it was like pulling teeth just to be able to make it at all

Guinness... in my near future

Quick Reply: GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas