Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:57 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NocarbutaVetteforme
Everyone still meeting at Sneakey Pete's on Tuesday night?

I'm there if others can commit......
However, if I drive the '68 - I'll need some extra time to meet there around 7:30pm
Old 04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Yah, I vote for 7:30 too. I usually don't blow out of work until almost 6:00, then it's home to feed the dogs and check messages, maybe grab some grub so I'm not stuffing my face in front of new friends or on an empty stomach..

Spent the weekend beating up the Vette at the Driver's Edge training event at MSR (water on track = ) so at least I'll have something to talk about tommorow night.

And of course:
NWS Last Update on Apr 2, 4:47 pm CDT

Tuesday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Some of the storms could be severe. Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. North northwest wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Unless it's raining sideways or hailing, I plan to be there.. usual work-related caveats, always..
Old 04-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Vetterable
Advanced

Tue 7:30 sounds good. Have any of u been to a new place on 407 called Life's A Beach? It would be a pretty cool place to meet. check out http://www.lifesabeachgrill.com/
Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Haven't been there yet, with the emphasis on yet. Looks like I will be going there in the very near future though just to see what it's like. Thanks for the link.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

We'll be there tonight. We'll probably get there early to get something to eat.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:40 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hello to the goddess of the friendly skies!

I am going to try and make it! But it might be closer to 8pm for me as I have an appointment after work. But I will make every effort to stop by...hope to see everyone there

Originally Posted by Nightstalker1

okay, tonight 7:30, I'll be there. Are we going to check out the new place "Life's A Beach"? that "Vetterable" recommended. Looks great and is the same distance as Sneaky Peetes. Where should we go?? Or we can drive from Sneaky P for another beer at the new place. Jeff are you coming? Clete, thanks for the weather forecast.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Vetterable
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nightstalker1

okay, tonight 7:30, I'll be there. Are we going to check out the new place "Life's A Beach"? that "Vetterable" recommended. Looks great and is the same distance as Sneaky Peetes. Where should we go?? Or we can drive from Sneaky P for another beer at the new place. Jeff are you coming? Clete, thanks for the weather forecast.

where to go..... I can make it to either joint. life's a beach has outdoor seating adjacent to the parking lot. there are some bamboo type (shades) along the fence line & some seats have view of the parking lot. since sneaky pete's has no possible view of the parking lot from the seating area, my vote is life's a beach. c u there at 7:30.
if the majority vote is sneaky pete's, give me a call or text message & I'll cruise over there - I will PM a couple of you with my cell number.

thanks
Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Nightstalker1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vetterable
where to go..... I can make it to either joint. life's a beach has outdoor seating adjacent to the parking lot. there are some bamboo type (shades) along the fence line & some seats have view of the parking lot. since sneaky pete's has no possible view of the parking lot from the seating area, my vote is life's a beach. c u there at 7:30.
if the majority vote is sneaky pete's, give me a call or text message & I'll cruise over there - I will PM a couple of you with my cell number.

thanks
lets meet at Sneaky P, so we dont miss anyone, and we still can go afterwards over to Life's A Beach
Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Ok, Sneaky Pete's it is. We can always do it afterwards or better yet rotate from week to week. Well, looks like Tuesday isn't going to be boring anymore. See ya'll there.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Vetterable
Advanced

Cool, sounds like a plan SP @ 7:30
Old 04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
hello to the goddess of the friendly skies!

I am going to try and make it! But it might be closer to 8pm for me as I have an appointment after work. But I will make every effort to stop by...hope to see everyone there
Let's stay at SP until slightly after 8pm to give BLU-BY-U to show before we go to Life's a Beach.........I saw that place just go up recently (I think) - it's new right ?

May not take the 'Vert though unless I suddenly get brave.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Nightstalker1
Instructor

Originally Posted by verskel
Let's stay at SP until slightly after 8pm to give BLU-BY-U to show before we go to Life's a Beach.........I saw that place just go up recently (I think) - it's new right ?

May not take the 'Vert though unless I suddenly get brave.
looks like I am having a beer all by myself, it is hailing here in Coppell. Unless it blows over very quick.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

I'm on my way!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Watchful
Pro

Location: An Englishman drinking his way through Tewksbury MA
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by CleteZ16
I'm on my way!
Good to meet everyone tonight. I got home in time for the baseball to start, which was cool.

Let me know how that new place checks out, if it's good, I'll see you there next Tuesday! Sneaky Petes did not impress tonight, but it's worth re-visiting that once the evenings get lighter and it gets warmer, and we can sit outside.

NightStalker1 - I think I saw you this afternoon, on Lewisville high street around 5:15pm. I was in the navy blue C5 vert that waved at someone matching your description in a black C6 coupe. Nice to see a wave back! Lewisville was crawling with Vettes today, for some reason, but not many waves.

Last edited by Watchful; 04-04-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 AM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sorry, I got caught in carrollton with nasty weather. even some rotation in one part of clouds. first time I've ever seen that. did it not rain at all in lewisville/north?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:06 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Nope, no rain. I think it skirted us. It was nice to meet all of you. And I think I like Lifes A Beach (LAB) better as well. It seemed like a pretty happpening place. Can't wait till next week.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Nope, no rain. I think it skirted us. It was nice to meet all of you. And I think I like Lifes A Beach (LAB) better as well. It seemed like a pretty happpening place. Can't wait till next week.

Rained like mad here in Farmers Branch and looked nasty. Give us a heads up on LAB and time and location, if that's going to be the new spot.

Get notified of new replies

To GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas

Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 AM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Very much, .. I think Pete's is geared toward the summertime boating-margharita demographic (and perhaps UFC fight night fans). Pete's lake view is nice, but, lack of patronage and the Worst Hits of the 80's soundtrack made Life's a Beach waaaay better. That BS @Pete's about $2 wells until 8:00 (ordered at what, 7:55 by my watch) and then, "oh, sorry I didn't ring it up until after 8 (8:27 timestamp on receipt) so now it's $4.whatever" .. screw Pete's. I think we all agreed it'll be Life's a Beach from now on.

It was good seeing everyone! Paul, Paul, Kelly, Dennis, JoAnn (sp?) until next week!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Nightstalker1
Instructor

Originally Posted by CleteZ16
Very much, .. I think Pete's is geared toward the summertime boating-Margarita demographic (and perhaps UFC fight night fans). Pete's lake view is nice, but, lack of patronage and the Worst Hits of the 80's soundtrack made Life's a Beach waaaay better. That BS @Pete's about $2 wells until 8:00 (ordered at what, 7:55 by my watch) and then, "oh, sorry I didn't ring it up until after 8 (8:27 timestamp on receipt) so now it's $4.whatever" .. screw Pete's. I think we all agreed it'll be Life's a Beach from now on.

It was good seeing everyone! Paul, Paul, Kelly, Dennis, JoAnn (sp?) until next week!
It sure rained buckets and a short burst of hail here in the Coppell area. I'll be at Life'sABeach next Tuesday. I agree with everything Clete has said about SP.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:45 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Kelly had a great idea when he suggested Lifes A Beach (LAB). It had great atmosphere and also being a new establishment was nice as well. The only thing that would have made it better is if I had been able to have a drink or two. Joanne was telling me how nice it was to hang out with people with the same enthusiasm for Corvettes. Below is a link on how to get to the club. Thanks once again to Kelly for posting the website link and suggesting the place.

http://www.lifesabeachgrill.com/location.htm

Quick Reply: GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas