GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:36 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by NocarbutaVetteforme
Well just wanted to say hi to everyone and that the LAB gtg is on for tonight rain or shine. This is my first night out since the dreaded surgery and I will be there no matter what. We have already received notices from people that they are going too. Hey, what better night to have it since tomorrow will be the 4th July. Can you say Holiday? Joanne has been telling me for the last week that we are going to stay late. Anyway, enough of the gabbing from me. Hope to see you all there.

Dennis
Hmmmm.... okay. Hungry, want beer.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:39 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Well just wanted to say hi to everyone and that the LAB gtg is on for tonight rain or shine. This is my first night out since the dreaded surgery and I will be there no matter what. We have already received notices from people that they are going too. Hey, what better night to have it since tomorrow will be the 4th July. Can you say Holiday? Joanne has been telling me for the last week that we are going to stay late. Anyway, enough of the gabbing from me. Hope to see you all there.

Dennis

I hope it stops raining!!! Feels like Houston morning showers and then late afternoon showers....
Old 07-04-2007, 12:34 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey just wanted to say that it was great getting out of the house and seeing all of the Corvette group. I do want to apologize for not getting up and introducing myself to the 2 new guys. I couldn't get up due to recent surgery.

It's going to be great if we ever get some decent weather. We may have to even set up some kind of car show later on in the year. Who knows, the sky is the limit. Anyway, hope to see all of you next week weather permitting.

BTW, we are having a small run on Sunday. I will post the details as soon as they are totally sorted out. All are invited.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 AM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey just wanted to say that it was great getting out of the house and seeing all of the Corvette group. I do want to apologize for not getting up and introducing myself to the 2 new guys. I couldn't get up due to recent surgery.

lousy excuse....

hey Dennis, hope you are feeling better. Surgery is no fun, especially trying to get in and out of these sports car. Hope to see you and everyone else tonight! Stay away rain!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
lousy excuse....

hey Dennis, hope you are feeling better. Surgery is no fun, especially trying to get in and out of these sports car. Hope to see you and everyone else tonight! Stay away rain!
Hey Jeff,

Yeah I am feeling somewhat better. It only hurts when I laugh. Ouch. On a serious note, yeah, I am feeling quite a bit better. The hard part is trying not to over do things. I hate having to take it easy and just sit back. It still feels like someone pulled back and hit me in the stomach. Hmmm, maybe Joanne did do that when I was asleep.

A agree with you Jeff, hope the rain stays away at least until we all get home tonight. Joanne asked for 11 car parking spots. I think we can fill those if we don't have any rain.

Jeff, that avatar of yours is cool! Now that is totally badass!!

PS: Man, I can't get any slack even after having surgery. I guess I should have had a sore throat instead. It seemed to work for Elio. Oh man, talk about getting a good jab in there at Elio.

Last edited by NocarbutaVetteforme; 07-10-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Sorry to say, can't make it tonight.. just too much crap to do..

next week ..
Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
verskel
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope it went well last night......sorry I couldn't make it but hopefully I can bring out the '68 Roadster next week.

....besides, my Z06 was extremely dirty
Old 07-11-2007, 12:22 PM
in2fun
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

WOW you guys.
It just gets more fun! I will have pics up soon. Thanks for everyone who came out. Rain can't stope this group. We had 13 cars show up and even more people. I will also post a link to my Corvette web sight/blog that is filled with pics from GTGs. I'm still adding pics at this time so look back later to night for a update.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 PM
in2fun
Burning Brakes

Ok Here it is ! Here is the link to all the pics. make shure you check out in the Life's A Beah section.... the LAB July 10 2007 update.

http://corvette-fun.blogspot.com
Old 07-11-2007, 01:14 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Originally Posted by in2fun
Ok Here it is ! Here is the link to all the pics. make shure you check out in the Life's A Beah section.... the LAB July 10 2007 update.

http://corvette-fun.blogspot.com
Hey Elio,

Thanks for inviting us over. It is always a treat to go to your house and see your toy collection. Something to make a grown kid drool over. Well, drool over Karen and then the toys. Just kidding. You know that Karen and I have to stick together over you and Joanne. Karen is my favorite. Fantastic job on the pics in the blog and the captions are incredible. I don't know where you come up with them but they are hilarious. Talk to you soon and look forward to the next gathering at LAB. See what Kelly started? We had an extra large turnout even with the probability of rain. We should see if we can stage a car show there sometimes.

Clete, next time you have to be there so I will have a drinking partner. The first Guinness will be on me.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Nightstalker1
Instructor

Elio, you cant convince us that you are a beer drinker. Give that beer back to Rob.
Let the adults do the drinking.

Last edited by Nightstalker1; 07-11-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Nightstalker1
Instructor

Had a great time last night, we all loved Elio's collection of cars. Thanks for letting us come over, weather you wanted too or not.
Paul, Clete, we sure missed you last night.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Nightstalker1
Instructor

John: Boy am I happy, do I have to go home already
Not sure if Jeff can follow Joe"s story
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 PM
in2fun
Burning Brakes

Helga ! Now that's Funny there ! NICE PICS !!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightstalker1

John: Boy am I happy, do I have to go home already
Not sure if Jeff can follow Joe"s story
Yeah those drag racing stories get kind of long! :-)

Sure was nice meeting everyone. I'll have to come out to this GTG more often.

Joe
Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 AM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Nightstalker1
Had a great time last night, we all loved Elio's collection of cars. Thanks for letting us come over, weather you wanted too or not.
Paul, Clete, we sure missed you last night.
Sigh .. the one night I can't make it out, and it looks like the best turnout yet ... at least, the best arranging of Vettes out front ..

I missed seeing y'all too, believe me, I would have rather been there than where I was (w0rk )

Excellent pics, Elio..

Next week
Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Thanks for the open house and great pictures!

Elio and Karen:

Thanks for opening your nice home to the group after LAB, we also enjoyed seeing Elio's great toy room and garage you have to put up with.

Karen, he shows all the pictures of cars, but your picture with him is the best of them all and he knows it, just ask him and he will tell you, that you are the best.

Thanks again for the evening, you both are a great couple.

John

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 07-12-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas

Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Watchful
Pro

Location: An Englishman drinking his way through Tewksbury MA
St. Jude Donor '09

I haven't been able to make the past couple of weeks, but am back on the radar now and should be game on for the coming Tuesday. As flaky as I've been, I won't say save me a space, but I intend to be there! I might even have a Guinness. Dennis' comment above woke up a few memories from when I was a kid, and a tasty Guinness might just be the order of the day.

My car's in the shop getting tuned this week whilst I'm on holiday. I should get it back tomorrow, with the tune sorted out and it running nice and nasty!

Last edited by Watchful; 07-12-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Vetterable
Advanced

What's up LABers? Hope all is well. I should be back in town next thurs & hope to see you all at the following gathering. Regards.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Nightstalker1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vetterable
What's up LABers? Hope all is well. I should be back in town next Thurs & hope to see you all at the following gathering. Regards.
I believe I can speak for all the "LABers" to tell you we are looking forward too seeing you soon.
As you can tell nothing has changed, Elio is still the camera driven machine, taking pics from every which ankle.

Quick Reply: GTG in Lewisville, Flower Mound, Denton and surrounding areas