Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

West or North Houston: Car lift for exhaust switch out.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Ragin'Cajun
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default West or North Houston: Car lift for exhaust switch out.

All, I am looking for recommendations on where to take my car in the west or north Houston area to switch out the exhaust. I want to be sure the car is lifted properly and don't really want to pay an arm and a leg at a dealership to do so.

I am also willing/able to do the work myself if someone has a lift they'd let me use I just am not willing to jack the rear of the car high enough in the driveway to remove the exhaust without cutting it.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM
bradb
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

A good shop is Affordable Muffler on Dairy Ashford north of Memorial. Drive on lifts, cheap prices. 281-493-5700
Old 12-13-2006, 09:34 PM
chemten
Racer

you could also try giving HPE(horsepowerengineering.com) a call. 281-448-1300
Old 12-13-2006, 10:04 PM
iceman_t1
Pro

I have a set of drive-up ramps that I built that I used to store the vette on. It will get the bottom of the wheels about a foot off the ground. You are welcome to come by and we could swap it out if you like. I live in Needville.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
ccs96
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor 06-'07

I'm in Sealy and and have a KwikLift. Got my c4 on it, but it's no problem to get it off. just let me know.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
VCC_Mike
Advanced

Sounds like you may want to consider joining the Velocity Corvette Club. VCC has a Mohawk lift and all the tools in our garage, available for use by our members. Come on out, join the club and we will even help you put your new exhaust on. Most likely the yearly dues will be equal or less to what you would pay just to put your exhaust on, except you would benefit for 12 months

We are located on the west side of town, north of clay road on Highway 6. We are having a prospective member night this evening, starting at 7:30PM so stop by and check it out. If that time is not good just email me your phone number and we can schedule a better time.

Velocity Corvette Club
5023 Addicks Satsuma Road, Suite K
Houston, Texas 77084
(281) 550.1924
info@velocitycorvette.com

Last edited by VCC_Mike; 12-14-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Ragin'Cajun
Pro

Originally Posted by VCC_Mike
Sounds like you may want to consider joining the Velocity Corvette Club. VCC has a Mohawk lift and all the tools in our garage, available for use by our members. Come on out, join the club and we will even help you put your new exhaust on. Most likely the yearly dues will be equal or less to what you would pay just to put your exhaust on, except you would benefit for 12 months

We are located on the west side of town, north of clay road on Highway 6. We are having a prospective member night this evening, starting at 7:30PM so stop by and check it out. If that time is not good just email me your phone number and we can schedule a better time.

Velocity Corvette Club
5023 Addicks Satsuma Road, Suite K
Houston, Texas 77084
(281) 550.1924
info@velocitycorvette.com
Thanks for the offer, but I am switching exhaust back to stock because I am putting my car up for sale soon. I don't think I'll be joining any clubs right now since it will definitly be hard enough to get rid of the car, I will just be torchering myself to go and hang out with corvette guys after I sell mine.

Thanks again for the offer though, sounds like a good group.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM
VCC_Mike
Advanced

Sorry to hear you have to sell your ride. Come on out anyways...We will give you a hand

Get notified of new replies

To West or North Houston: Car lift for exhaust switch out.

Quick Reply: West or North Houston: Car lift for exhaust switch out.