Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Question for ones who have sold their Vette..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Slo one
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for ones who have sold their Vette..

I am going to put my '01 white Z06 up for sale and was looking to find the best way some others have done it.Any luck on the CF for sale section or better to go autotrader, newspaper ad, or is ebay the best?Any helpful information is appreciated.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
ex-bmw-man
Pro

In my past experiance, the for sale section on here is the worst place to try to sell. Everyone wants to steal the car, and also you have to send pictures to everyone, even teh people who wouldn't buy the car if it was 20% below wholesale.
My .02 is local paper and auto trader work best.
Ebay with no reserve for the quick sell.
Do a little research on teh value first so you don't waste your time or the potential buyers.
Jeff
Old 01-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

Sold my 2000 blown Coupe about 2 months ago- I listed it here, in AutoTrader, on E-bay and on ClassyCorvettes.com. The only "real" interest I received was off E-bay.....and I eventually ended up selling it to a guy that saw it on E-bay. Took me less than 3 weeks to sell it.

I had "zero" calls from AutoTrader and ClassyCorvettes.com and your typical "low ballers" from the F/S section here. "Can I give you my 1997 Maxima and 5k cash?" LOL. What a pain in the azz.

BTW, I'm not sure where you live, but MTI is now in the biz of selling customer cars. They have a very impressive listing on E-bay and have 100% positive feedback. They have a better chance of selling your car IMO. You might want to give them a call?

Jason
Old 01-23-2006, 01:16 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Sold mine on ebay. Didn't quite get as much as I was hoping, but it sold right away.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

When I bought my C4 I found it here on CF. When I sold that C4 on here, it went in in two weeks.
Bought my current C5 here as well.
In each case, everyone in the deal thought they did Ok.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Slo one
Instructor

Originally Posted by Busa196
Sold my 2000 blown Coupe about 2 months ago- I listed it here, in AutoTrader, on E-bay and on ClassyCorvettes.com. The only "real" interest I received was off E-bay.....and I eventually ended up selling it to a guy that saw it on E-bay. Took me less than 3 weeks to sell it.

I had "zero" calls from AutoTrader and ClassyCorvettes.com and your typical "low ballers" from the F/S section here. "Can I give you my 1997 Maxima and 5k cash?" LOL. What a pain in the azz.

BTW, I'm not sure where you live, but MTI is now in the biz of selling customer cars. They have a very impressive listing on E-bay and have 100% positive feedback. They have a better chance of selling your car IMO. You might want to give them a call?

Jason
OK that's good to know.I remeber you NBM coupe well,so what are you driving now?
Old 01-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Listed my '79 two times on eBay. I got bids, but they never met my reserve, so it did not sell. Listed it here on the CF, but no bites. A friend ended up purchasing the car from me. My next move would have been the Autotrader. Listing here on the CF is free, so you have nothing to loose.

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slo one
OK that's good to know.I remeber you NBM coupe well,so what are you driving now?

Nothing- just my daily driver (Toyota Avalon) until I determine it's time to buy a Blue Auto '06- lower it with some HRE's, and put a D1 on it. That's exactly what I'm going to have- just not sure when yet.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:38 PM
diyguy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Complete waste of time on CF F/S section if it's a plain jane or a 1000HP track car.

you will get nit - picked until you want to scream sending photos, answering stupid questions, like "how does it ride?" How the hell do you answer that one

Never again on C/F for me. Left a bad impression that everyone is looking for the cherry, only been driven to church and back - downhill both ways crap. If one fleck of paint isn't perfect, you get flamed. If it's modded the questions are endless, when if reality, nobody is going to buy it in the first place.

I've tried helping a freind out and tried selling my own 99 C5 when I found the one I was really looking for and walked away from the experience humiliated at the responses here.

So, sold both to folks on the open market that never heard of CF. They got a good fair deal and were happy.

At least Ebay, and other online ads, you don't have everyone telling you they are a Fricking Expert on the C5. Set your price. Negotiate if you need to - - or take a F*ing hike. It will eventually sell, but be realistic in pricing.

My 2 cents-- actually more like 50 cents worth!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:13 PM
F1_SS
Burning Brakes

A place called corvette warehouse in Dallas sold mine for me, i gave them the car, they washed it/detailed it and we set a price, they listed it on their website and 2 weeks later it was gone. Now im looking for my 2nd corvette in less than 1 yr.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 PM
VetteNoob
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Listed my 99 on Autotrader. It sold so quick, when I called Autotrader to kill the ad, they refunded me the ad charge since they thought I changed my mind.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:28 PM
stangin4lyfe
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I am in the same boat....debating on how/when to sell mine.

Get notified of new replies

To Question for ones who have sold their Vette..

Quick Reply: Question for ones who have sold their Vette..