Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly DFW Gatherings at Cruisers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Cocky B
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am new to the forum and I just bought my corvette - 1980 blk/blk 4-speed L-48. What goes on at these gatherings? I would like to come to one to see what they're all about. They are open to anyone, right?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:29 PM
BarneePhife
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Cocky B
I am new to the forum and I just bought my corvette - 1980 blk/blk 4-speed L-48. What goes on at these gatherings? I would like to come to one to see what they're all about. They are open to anyone, right?
Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on the recent purchase of your C3! It looks nice in your avatar, and looking forward to possibly seeing it in person.

The gatherings are open to anyone (with a Vette, preferred ). I've only been going for 4 or 5 weeks, and it's been very enjoyable for me. Ya meet lots of nice people of varying ages, careers, and interests. It's very informal, it's not a "club", and it's usually about sitting around enjoying dinner and casual conversation. Of course, most of the time the conversation has to do with our love of the cars.

I hope you can make it out next Tuesday (weather permitting). You will find a friendly and welcoming group of people. Sometimes just 4 or 5, and sometimes 10 or 15. I hear that as the warmer weather settles in, the attendance grows.

Oh yeah, and Cruisers has a diverse and large menu - so come hungry!

-Jim
Old 04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Cocky B
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BarneePhife
Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on the recent purchase of your C3! It looks nice in your avatar, and looking forward to possibly seeing it in person.

The gatherings are open to anyone (with a Vette, preferred ). I've only been going for 4 or 5 weeks, and it's been very enjoyable for me. Ya meet lots of nice people of varying ages, careers, and interests. It's very informal, it's not a "club", and it's usually about sitting around enjoying dinner and casual conversation. Of course, most of the time the conversation has to do with our love of the cars.

I hope you can make it out next Tuesday (weather permitting). You will find a friendly and welcoming group of people. Sometimes just 4 or 5, and sometimes 10 or 15. I hear that as the warmer weather settles in, the attendance grows.

Oh yeah, and Cruisers has a diverse and large menu - so come hungry!

-Jim
Thanks, that sounds like fun. I will try to make it. The weather is supposed to be nice, so we'll see.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:24 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=sxe60]
Originally Posted by Vetterable
Good to c u all out there.

Nice pix. Looks like you'll have to replace Long Lost Tim as our official unoffical Photog.

I am not lost... Just seperated... I will be back soon... Maybe next Tuesday. Biggest problem I have is when the weather is nice and I can get the car out is the same type weather I need to work on my new rocket. I have a really big rocket launch in 82 days and I have a ton left to do on the rocket.

Here is what I am talking about....
HTTP://WWW.SappGeeks.Com/rocket/Pegasus

Tim

Last edited by RocketSapp; 04-06-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 PM
BarneePhife
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

[QUOTE=RocketSapp]
Originally Posted by sxe60
Here is what I am talking about....
HTTP://WWW.SappGeeks.Com/rocket/Pegasus

Tim
Jeeze, Tim!

Now, will that thing hold 1 or 2 passengers?

Seriously though, it looks like fun! I bet that waitor at Cruisers would pay to walk up behind you working on the rocket on the launch pad just to hollar, "BOOM!" - just to get you back for that night when he was trying to light the pit.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

[QUOTE=BarneePhife]
Originally Posted by RocketSapp

Jeeze, Tim!

Now, will that thing hold 1 or 2 passengers?

Seriously though, it looks like fun! I bet that waitor at Cruisers would pay to walk up behind you working on the rocket on the launch pad just to hollar, "BOOM!" - just to get you back for that night when he was trying to light the pit.

Yeah I bet you he would like that... I will make sure he is not around when I light it. You have to admit that was funny though... Well, it was to us... He needed to change his pants

And yeah it's big... But it will not fit a grown adult... I could get one of my sons in it... (Not that I have tried... Been tempted to recently but have not tried it.) The main air frame is 14" X 112". It's going to be BIG!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:36 AM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by BarneePhife
The gatherings are open to anyone (with a Vette, preferred
I guess that means I shouldn't show up in the Supra anymore .

Cocky B,

Welcome to the board. It's a great place to meet others that share the love for vettes and get help with any problems you may have with your car. Now that the weather is getting better the gatherings will begin to grow like last year. (see pic)

Last edited by ST31; 04-07-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:51 PM
lpe fan
Intermediate

Anyone on the Arlington / south Fort worth side of town want to set up a cruisers type date. maybe a hooters or sports grill in south Arlington or s/w Fort Worth or even Grapevine. Frisco is just a long drive with rush hour traffic. Any takers or restaraunts want to host. Dave
Old 04-09-2006, 08:02 AM
SPD FRK
Racer

Originally Posted by lpe fan
Anyone on the Arlington / south Fort worth side of town want to set up a cruisers type date. maybe a hooters or sports grill in south Arlington or s/w Fort Worth or even Grapevine. Frisco is just a long drive with rush hour traffic. Any takers or restaraunts want to host. Dave

You will get a better response by starting a new thread

Ben
Old 04-09-2006, 09:14 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Originally Posted by SPD FRK
You will get a better response by starting a new thread

Ben

Plus, there's a group that meets Friday Nights at Sergent's in Arlington now. Check that thread
Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Cocky B
Burning Brakes

Default Tonight

I was going to come out for the first time tonight, but it doesn't seem like the weather is going to cooperate. What do you think?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:27 PM
BarneePhife
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

I was going to come out for the first time tonight, but it doesn't seem like the weather is going to cooperate. What do you think?
I usually wait until the last minute to decide. I'm about a hour away from Cruisers, so "the last minute" is relative.

The weather guys never seem to be able to get it right.

You're in Addision, right? I'd suggest stepping outside at around 6:15pm and making your final decision then. I bet it's going to be dry. Maybe a little breezy.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Cocky B
Burning Brakes

I'll be working till about 6 anyway, so I'll check in here before I leave, and decide on my way home. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:50 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

I'll be working till about 6 anyway, so I'll check in here before I leave, and decide on my way home. Thanks.

I just looked at Weather.Com... They have only been showing 20% for the day. And if you look at the map you can see that the rain line that was heading this way has broken apart.

Tim
Old 04-11-2006, 04:58 PM
LeMansBlue04
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Around here 20% is as good as zero in my opinion. I am going to try and get hold of the SPD FRK and see if he wants to meet me. I finally got the car back but the rollbar is still at the chrome shop. It6's a bolt in when they finish it.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Big Ron 77
Burning Brakes

Glad you got the car back. I want to check out the roll bar when you get it all done. Working tonight, so you guys enjoy.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Cocky B
Burning Brakes

Although it was a small gathering last night, I enjoyed my first visit. I definitely will be back when my work slows down. Maybe we'll even have the parking lot blocked off next time.

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly DFW Gatherings at Cruisers

Old 04-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Nice weather for a GTG... Hope to see you there
Jeremy
Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 PM
ST31
Drifting

I'm out tonight, traveling today. Sitting in a hotel on the beach in York, Maine. Really nice here, and much cooler than Dallas. I will see you guys next week.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:06 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Originally Posted by ST31
I'm out tonight, traveling today. Sitting in a hotel on the beach in York, Maine. Really nice here, and much cooler than Dallas. I will see you guys next week.

We envy you and missed you last night. It's been over a 100F here for the last several days. Very small group for such nice weather. Was glad to see Gary out and about with his wife and looking well.

Quick Reply: Weekly DFW Gatherings at Cruisers