Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

A few Pictures from the Dallas\Plano\Frisco GTG

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 12:43 AM
RocketSapp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few Pictures from the Dallas\Plano\Frisco GTG

Here are a few of the pictures that I took tonight.

HTTP://WWW.SappGeeks.Com/Photos/Vette_6_27_05

I don't have a page around them yet so you will have to click on the files to get the image. I will get a page around them in the next day or so.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:10 AM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Great time, and a good turn out

This place, Cruisers, is really great.

Caters to the 'car' people (even their drinks are vehicle related: I.e., 57 Chev, Nitros, etc. ).

Even better, the prices are extremely reasonable.

Blue thunder and LSCC - take note of this location, it would make a greatvmeeting location
Old 06-29-2005, 10:30 AM
vettesvx
7th Gear

Default Great Place and Great People

I had a great time and it was very cool to see that many vettes together, hoping that this can be a regular venue.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:48 AM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by vettesvx
I had a great time and it was very cool to see that many vettes together, hoping that this can be a regular venue.

I had a good time as well... And yes, it was nice to see all the Vettes there. I counted a grand total of 16 Vettes. Not bad since this was done on 4.5 days of planning.

I am sending email to Kelly and Bill to make sure they had no problems. I will talk to them about a weekly event for Vettes.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Big Ron 77
Burning Brakes

Hope this becomes a regular event. The whole thing was a good time (food, cars and people).
Old 06-29-2005, 12:23 PM
WrEcKeD1101
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a good turnout for the 1st GTG. I wish I could of made it, but work keeps me from doing the things I really want to do!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:01 PM
BAMF AE
Safety Car

Location: The Surgeon General has warned that it's ok to smoke mustangs!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Looks like you all had an awesome time! You even got the "Orange Cone" treatment. Will they be doing that all the time? Great lookin pics and thanks for sharing them. See you guys next Tuesday!

Serkan
Old 06-29-2005, 01:56 PM
ST31
Drifting

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:40 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by 4RE Killer
Looks like you all had an awesome time! You even got the "Orange Cone" treatment. Will they be doing that all the time? Great lookin pics and thanks for sharing them. See you guys next Tuesday!

Serkan
Yes the cones will be a regular thing. They also said that starting next Tuesday they will have a security guard in the area to watch over the cars for us.

Also, I have updated the web site with the info on the Yellow car.

Tim
Old 06-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Big Ron 77
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RocketSapp
Yes the cones will be a regular thing. They also said that starting next Tuesday they will have a security guard in the area to watch over the cars for us.

Tim
Sweet...the Cruisers owners really love the cars and the crowd. Way to go Tim...this should spread quickly and hopefully get a good following.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:01 PM
BAMF AE
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Tim

Security Guard!!!! AWESOME! That should keep the little punks out! I'm soooooo there next week! Never had the "Orange Cone" royalty treatment before.....
Old 06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

I sent them email today asking them how they thought it went. I also told them that some of the guys want to do this once a week. I asked them if we were welcomed back. No reply from them yet...

I also asked them if the wait staff were tipped well. We need to make sure that we take care of them. No reason for them to lose a table to a bunch of guys just drinking two beers who don't tip (Not saying I saw that... Just wanted to make sure incase we needed to remind everyone).

If I get a reply from them that every Tuesday a 8:00 is good to go I will create another post and then ask the mods to make it sticky. A standing meet is something that I see growing big time!

Tim
Old 06-29-2005, 05:59 PM
BAMF AE
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Wait, wait, wait, wait...Tim, Tim, Tim......Forgot one thing! Are the girls willing to dress up in like ummmm.......Hooters outfits (similar) and be willing to take pictures standing around our cars? They don't have to do anything provocative!!!! Maybe a sexy pose or something like that!
Old 06-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

I also asked them if the wait staff were tipped well. We need to make sure that we take care of them. No reason for them to lose a table to a bunch of guys just drinking two beers who don't tip (Not saying I saw that... Just wanted to make sure incase we needed to remind everyone).
Tim
Your cracking me up. I don't think you'll have to worry about that with this crowd. BTW-I think they make the most money on drinks, so I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:49 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by Budman78
Your cracking me up. I don't think you'll have to worry about that with this crowd. BTW-I think they make the most money on drinks, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Well, you never can tell... I have been with groups before like this and the wait staff got just about nothing for all the work they did. Granted it did not seem to be a problem. Most people I saw were very friendly with the change from the drinks and such.

Tim
Old 06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
ratpack1968
Pro

Default Great GTG and some very nice cars at Cruisers

Rocket, thanks again for lining up the GTG at Cruisers. It was my first GTG and certainly a pleasure parking my '65 Vert among some of the finest examples of the marque I have ever seen. And not a care in the world about door dings!

I must also add that, although I will always be partial to C2's, that 427 Lingenfelter is one sweet ride... ...very nice. If you ever wanna trade...

I think the location is great and very conducive to bringing more Corvette owners out of the woodwork. This thing has the potential to grow into a monster! I look forward to looking at and learning more about everyone's cars.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:16 PM
BAD_TCR
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. That looked like fun. Looks much better than the old GTG spot. Hope to be there next Tuesday. Wife shouldnt be having too many more babies between now and next week See you all there.

Get notified of new replies

To A few Pictures from the Dallas\Plano\Frisco GTG

Old 06-30-2005, 07:02 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by BAD_TCR
Nice. That looked like fun. Looks much better than the old GTG spot. Hope to be there next Tuesday. Wife shouldnt be having too many more babies between now and next week See you all there.

Yeah I don't you have to worry about a new baby next week.

What did yall have anyway? Did you know before delivery?

Tim
Old 06-30-2005, 08:28 PM
C5dream
Racer

Looks like I am going to have to make the trek out there. The other GTG spot was much better on the gas usage. But this GTG is just the vettes which is much nicer.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:59 AM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by C5dream
Looks like I am going to have to make the trek out there. The other GTG spot was much better on the gas usage. But this GTG is just the vettes which is much nicer.

Yeah I was looking for you. I know it's a much longer trip for you but I have to admit... this was worth the longer drive.

Tim

Quick Reply: A few Pictures from the Dallas\Plano\Frisco GTG