Southern California Southern California

Reno RED VETTE GATHERING PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 03:33 PM
scottydog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reno RED VETTE GATHERING PICS

Thanks to Rocky for a great weekend in Reno! 100 red's!

the red vettes took over the parking lot...

the start of the poker run

A view from my mirror!

The line at a checkpoint

Last edited by scottydog; 10-03-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:25 PM
RamjetVette
Le Mans Master

Great fun! Here are some more pics!

From the hotel roof at 6:30am.

Poker Run Checkpoint

Another checkpoint

Filling the Reno Hilton parking lot

SIX GENERATIONS-ALL IN RED!

More pics at the River City Corvettes web site
Old 10-03-2004, 07:40 PM
ViperWiper
Racer

Default A Big "Red" Thank You To All The Red Vettes!!!!!

This is going to be a little long, but well deserved KUDOS...
I wanted to take a moment of your time to thank ALL the 100 Red Vettes that attended and the 5 Black Vettes who attended and who manned the Poker Run Stops so all the Red Vettes could enjoy the poker run.

This was the LARGEST group of Red Vettes ever assembled anywhere probably in the world, except maybe the factory storage yard in Bowling Green. I've tried to get the "Corvette" Magazines interested in this event and the other "Gatherings" but apparently they don't think these are special enough or big enough for mentioning, so I've given up on that angle. The Corvette Forum will get the word out to more people probably anyway.

This being the "1st" Red Vette Gathering only makes me believe that they will only get larger and more fun when the word gets out and others here about it. Hopefully some will build their vacations around the next "Gathering" and join us in Vegas in May.
As part of the registration, each Red Vette was asked to bring at least 1 new childs toy. I planned on alot of toys, so I took my Hemi P.U. up a day early and left it there so I'd have something to bring them back home in. We filled the bed of my truck and part of the back seat with toys. They will all go to the Childrens Shelter in Auburn, CA who protect children from abusive homes, going to foster homes, orphaned and when parents are arrested, etc. It's a "Safe Haven" where noone knows where they are unless they need to. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE GENEROUS RED VETTERS!!!!!
We were also able to donate over $1000 to the Assistance League of Placer County. They are volunteers who assist children of all ages, plus too many other things to mention. My wife Jae and all others working there are volunteers and this money will be greatly appreciated.

The Hilton was very generous in giving us a parking area you could have parked 1000 Red Vettes in (too bad we didn't have them all) and our cars were well protected from "door bangers".

Since I never get to go on the Poker Runs at these "Gatherings", I can only say that the word afterwards was that, everyone enjoyed the ride and the view, even if one of the "stops" closed down a week before and I didn't know about it. Didn't seem to slow anyone down much. I think the oldest Red Vette was a 1956 and of course the newest was a 2005. We actually had 3 C-6's there that I know of.

The buffet we had on Saturday night was amazing. I never saw so many people "charge" a dessert table first and load up before getting their main meal. We never wanted for food...they just kept bringing it out until we couldn't eat any more. Two liquor bars rounded out the evening with "wet stuff" for those that were thirsty. The bar service was excellant.

Some of the Red Vetters were kind enough to bring raffle prizes which made the raffle fun and one person won $425 in the 50/50 raffle.
I'm hopeing that all Red (any red) and Black Vettes can make it to the "Checkerboard" Gathering on May 27,28, 2005 in the Las Vegas area on Memorial Day Weekend. (guessing maybe 150-175 might attend..maybe more). And on Saturday night after the dinner, we'll be "Cruzin" down to the "Las Vegas Strip" and give everyone a sight they've never seen before, and probably clog up the "Strip" a bit. If interested, you can go to www.corvettecruzin.com to get a registration form for it. Or you can email me at checkerboardgathering@corvettecruzin.com if you have any questions and I'll put you on the email list for event information.

I also want to thank Roger "RamJet Vette" Aylstock for taking the great pics you see on this thread and others that will be put on my website along with others pics being sent to me by other Red Vetters. I hope to hear from some "Rookie" Red Vetters that want to attend the next "Gathering".

As most of you know, I put on "Black Vette Gatherings" (last 5 years), "Red Vette Gatherings" (1st one) and "Checkerboard Gathering" (May 2005) and I can say that "Corvetters" are one generous bunch of people and it's a pleasure to be associated with them.
Thanks Again, Rocky

Last edited by ViperWiper; 10-03-2004 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:56 PM
87 covertible
Racer

What a weekend !!! GREAT job Rocky ! We had a great time and made a lot of new friends . Can't wait for the next gathering ! Nice route for the poker run too ! Nice open stretches , good curves , beautiful scenery ! Red Vetters that didn't make it really missed an outstanding event ! Thanks again to Rocky and the Black Vetters at the poker run stops !
Old 10-04-2004, 12:26 AM
EPiC Vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you guys had a blast!

The "Generations" shot is awesome!

Old 10-04-2004, 01:19 AM
No Rice
Burning Brakes

I don't have a red vette, but a MY 00' and was also in the Tahoe area this weekend, just got back to Vegas this afternoon. I forgot you guys were going to be there and was very pleased to see all the vettes in Tahoe. My arm got tired waving to everyone! We have a condo in Tahoe at the Marriott and everyone was talking about all the vettes they seen. Pretty funny listening to all the conversations going on about the vettes everyone seen. Good to see all those nice cars! Good luck with the checkerboard run in May.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:44 AM
HBJ
Pro

Thanks, Rocky. Brenda and I had a great time and are looking forward to next year.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Terry Corp
Drifting

NW Events Coordinator

I'm gonna have to buy a red Corvette!! Looks like you had
a great show, Rocky.... It's super to see the proceeds go to
such worthy causes. See ya next year....

Terry
Old 10-05-2004, 09:48 PM
DAYCRZ
Burning Brakes

We just have to tell everyone what a great time we had on this RVG it was just what I expected x 2 no make that x 3 !!. Fun with the caravan , Thank's to Joe Ron Mel and their very nice wife's ,My wife is still getting over trying to keep up with you all Rocky we will see you in May
Danny & Sandy
Old 10-05-2004, 11:16 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Autocross in S.F. - Red Vette Gathering - ASF - RVG -ASF -RVG -ASF Autocross won out. Damn looks like you guys had a better time in Reno. Memorial Day 2005 weekend in Vegas????????? Honey, would you like to see Cher in Vegas again? How bout Memorial Day weekend? Can we take the vette?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:32 PM
91vetteboy
Burning Brakes

Way to go Rocky and Jae. Keep up the great fun.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Grzldvt
Safety Car

Heard rumors you ran into a group of Cobras on Saturday morning in the Mt Rose area.... bet they weren't all Red
Looks like you had a great time!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Reno RED VETTE GATHERING PICS

Quick Reply: Reno RED VETTE GATHERING PICS