Southern California Southern California

S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:59 PM
Joshua S. Smith
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together

This was originally done by C5FAST HAND, but unfortunately, there wasn't enough people interested for the original date.

So.... Let's try it again. Would any of you be interested in having a gathering at the Blackhawk Auto Museum on Saturday, May 24th?

As mentioned before, the museum is open from 10-5. It's by a shopping area with places for food and shopping. Here is the URL so you can check out the Museums web site http://www.blackhawkauto.org/home.html

Lets have a party :party:

Current List of Attendee's:
Joshua S. Smith - 1
napacruzerC5 - 2
KENS78SILVERANNIV - 1
C5Bob - 1
Murder_Inc - (?)
StArrow68 - 1
C5FAST HAND - 1
Light84Vette - (?)
Tim_2K1_C5 - (?)
1969Vette350 - (?)
CALVette - (?)
67StingrayRdstr - 2
(+ 63 coupe)
lsilva - 2
Jim91Vert - 1

[Modified by Joshua S. Smith, 11:07 PM 5/23/2003]
Old 05-07-2003, 10:32 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (Joshua S. Smith)

Count me in (with the wife). :auto:
Old 05-08-2003, 12:51 AM
KENS78SILVERANNIV
Le Mans Master

Received 293 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (Joshua S. Smith)

It's a beautiful place. Definitely count me in. :cool:
Old 05-08-2003, 03:34 AM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm interested. It's been several years since I've been there. :auto:
Old 05-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

I´m down in Mexico and don´t have a calendar handy, but I think that´s Memorial day weekend. If so, I won´t be able to make it :(
Old 05-10-2003, 04:51 AM
Murder_Inc
Intermediate

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (Caboboy)

If i can get my Z06 blown by then ill be there... I just ordered my s/c and i hope we can get and do the install before then :-)

cabo hows the vacation?

Old 05-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (Murder_Inc)

Hey Larry, good to see you back on the forum!!! I´m doin´great down here thanx! Had kind of a crappy day yesterday though....... :sad:
I ran out of margaritas while I was in the pool, and had to go all the way over to the condo (´bout 30 feet) to refill the pitcher :mad
:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 05-10-2003, 05:52 PM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been so long since I've been there, sound like fun so I'm in. Went by today and noticed that the Danville Dukes a Hot Rod and Custom club is featured
on the 24th. Today there were about a dozen new to older MB's up on the patio. The following is from the Blackhawk Museum web site:

"If you are scheduling a group tour for a car club, please also indicate how many cars are coming, if you would like to display cars on the plaza in front of the museum or also in the lower public parking lot. 12 cars maximum will typically provide a nice display of your club cars on the museum plaza."

Like I said it will have Hot Rod's on the 24th and if more they will be in the lower parking lot. Now I have to figure out how to clean up the ride after running at Sears Point on the 23rd. But we could always end up at Pete's in Danville afterwards. :cheers:
Old 05-10-2003, 10:33 PM
C5FAST
Pro

Joshua,

Thanks for pulling this together. Count me in. :seeya
Old 05-11-2003, 05:19 AM
Murder_Inc
Intermediate

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (C5FAST HAND)

cabo - sounds like your having a blast!!! I will be there but i doubt ill have my car done yet. we were going to do the install but after hearing all the bad tuning stories i decided to have someone else do it...

I also figured while they are in there they can replace the heads and cam :-)

Now all i need to do is find someone in northern california that is known for doing quality corvette s/c installs... any ideas anyone???

have fun on your vacation and if you think of anyone let me know...

Old 05-11-2003, 04:44 PM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (C5FAST HAND)

Additional info when someone gets around to setting times. From the flyer for the 24th it says:

Philip Linhares co-curated the very popular "Hot Rods and Customs: The Men and machines of California's Car Culture" at the Oakland Museum of California September 1996 ... At 10:30AM Phil will narrate a special slide presentation on this exhibit ...
Presentations are free with Museum admission.

Don't know if anyone would be interested. Now all I need is for someone who knows the owner of the Blown straight axle that was in Vette Magazine from out in the Delta to stop by to join the Hot Rods, sure would like to see it up close. :seeya

[Modified by StArrow68, 1:49 PM 5/11/2003]
Old 05-13-2003, 07:36 PM
Joshua S. Smith
Racer

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (StArrow68)

This looks great. Looks like we'll definitely have enough people to get together.

"If you are scheduling a group tour for a car club, please also indicate how many cars are coming, if you would like to display cars on the plaza in front of the museum or also in the lower public parking lot. 12 cars maximum will typically provide a nice display of your club cars on the museum plaza."

Like I said it will have Hot Rod's on the 24th and if more they will be in the lower parking lot. Now I have to figure out how to clean up the ride after running at Sears Point on the 23rd. But we could always end up at Pete's in Danville afterwards. :cheers:
I'll have to stop by the musuem some time this week on the way home and see about the lower parking lot, if it's not scheduled to be taken already. And the idea of stopping off at Pete's for a few :cheers: afterwards...

Sounds like an excellent idea. :D
Old 05-14-2003, 07:22 PM
platooka
Heel & Toe

Can't make it that weekend either...already have plans to go out of town :sad: I've been there...its a really nice museum! Have fun...
Old 05-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Tim2K4Vert
Race Director

I'm gonna try to make it but I'm not sure if I can. Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my wife since someone will have to watch the baby. I've never been to the museum so I'm definitely interested in checking it out.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Joshua S. Smith
Racer

So....

What time do you all think would be a good time to meet at the museum? Maybe somewhere around 2:00pm or 3:00pm? Gotta have some time to get the cars all nice and sharp looking before hand :cool: and then have some time afterwards for a couple :cheers: at Pete's in Danville as per StArrow68's suggestion.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:36 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Just another alternative for discussion. As the time shows, I'm up early and some factors to consider. Last time I went to the museum I was surprised that it took more than a few hours to do it justice. Also, Pete's gets crowded for lunch and dinner, so from 12 to 2:30 and after about 4:30 it starts up again. If the group is larger than 8, which might not be the case, it gets tougher to sit together past about 3:30 or at the latest 4pm. Also parking is all on the street as you don't want to park in the car service place across the street, they have a habit of calling tow trucks on cars that park and go to Pete's. Parking might be better to get in a line up, so to speak, between 2:30 and for sure before 4pm. Sounds like I'm going to get some of the work cleaning up the car after all day at the track on the 23rd done on Friday night. :cheers:

[Modified by StArrow68, 8:39 AM 5/17/2003]
Old 05-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Joshua S. Smith
Racer

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together (StArrow68)

Ok, so maybe get to Pete's around 3:00pm at the latest, which means leave the musum around 2:30 (most of the time will be for parking probably :nonod: ). So, I guess that would mean that maybe meet at the museum around 11:00, since it take a good few hours to take in the whole perspective of the museum. ;)

Sounds like I'm going to get some of the work cleaning up the car after all day at the track on the 23rd done on Friday night. :cheers:
:iagree: I won't be running at the track, but I will need to clean the car up a little. :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together

Old 05-17-2003, 08:23 PM
C5FAST
Pro

Ok, so maybe get to Pete's around 3:00pm at the latest, which means leave the musum around 2:30 (most of the time will be for parking probably :nonod: ). So, I guess that would mean that maybe meet at the museum around 11:00, since it take a good few hours to take in the whole perspective of the museum. ;)

Sounds like I'm going to get some of the work cleaning up the car after all day at the track on the 23rd done on Friday night. :cheers:

:iagree: I won't be running at the track, but I will need to clean the car up a little. :thumbs:
11:00 it is. See you all there. :seeya
Old 05-19-2003, 11:14 AM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I'll be in Bowling Green at CI-IV, otherwise I'd be there at Backhawk/Pete's for sure. :cheers: Not a lot of Corvettes at the Blackhawk Auto Museum but they do have a lot of very fine automobiles. :yesnod:
Old 05-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Joshua S. Smith
Racer

Default Re: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together

There is a current list of attendees in my first post at the top of the page. Please tell me if your status changes. :)

Thanks. :auto:

[Modified by Joshua S. Smith, 9:19 AM 5/19/2003]

Quick Reply: S.F. Bay Area - Blackhawk Auto Museum Get Together