Southern California Southern California

Auto Club Speedway: June 6th

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 05:57 PM
imflyinbiya
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Auto Club Speedway: June 6th

Hi all - anyone running ACS this weekend? Looking forward to seeing some of you guys out in Fontana! Come say hi!
Old 06-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I am racing Saturday and Sunday.

I have some corporate guests attending Sunday.

The following users liked this post:
passmenow (06-03-2021)
Old 06-05-2021, 01:16 PM
Freddie Sanchez
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imflyinbiya
Hi all - anyone running ACS this weekend? Looking forward to seeing some of you guys out in Fontana! Come say hi!

I am going. It will be my first time at the speed way. I want to check out the event. So I can sign up next time. Are you out there today?

I'll be in a black c7 z06.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Here is a hot photo of your car performing on track. The action caught of your suspension and tires gripping and folding under shows how much grip you are getting.

The following users liked this post:
95ZR1 (06-07-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 03:38 PM
imflyinbiya
Melting Slicks

Nice shot, thanks Oli. ha!
Old 06-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Nice shot, thanks Oli. ha!
You are welcome.

Here is my Spec Corvette wheel-to-wheel race video from the second Saturday Super Sprint race. The second race is always an inverted grid. Being that I got second in the first race, I started second to last in the second race. That always creates a bit of drama as is shown in a few spots like minute 6:00, 12:30 and 14:20.
This is a six lap Super Sprint Spec Corvette Race at Auto Club Speedway ROval.
The start goes well for me. I gain several positions by Turn Nine. A lap later at Turn 12 I am in second place, but I just can't run down Darren Griffith from AZ. He drove a great fast race.
Notable "Oh ****" moments in this short sprint race start at minute 6:00. Josh Carroll is a great driver and very fast as evidenced by how he runs me down on the oval coming into Turn Three into the infield. But his tires seem kind of done running at that pace and he can't keep the car hooked up in Turns Five and Six. The looseness persists into the esses, Turn Seven and Eight. Coming into Turn Nine his car is still bobbling so I dive deep into the inside line at Turn Nine and we connect, he spins.
A couple other "Oh ****" moments are at minutes 12:30 and about 15 seconds after, and minute 14:20 where I catch lapped cars and I make passes in the dirt/grass.
The following 3 users liked this post by Olitho:
95ZR1 (07-07-2021), Rontime (07-07-2021), Vet Interested (06-14-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 03:17 PM
imflyinbiya
Melting Slicks

I have been studying your video since you posted it. I am trying to figure out my line through 7-9 as I am leaving lots of time on the table there. Exciting racing, indeed!
Old 06-11-2021, 07:09 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

I have been studying your video since you posted it. I am trying to figure out my line through 7-9 as I am leaving lots of time on the table there. Exciting racing, indeed!
Do you have video you can share?
Old 06-12-2021, 12:30 PM
Jfryjfry
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Oli, that looks like such a fun race. What place did you finish in the video? Looks like first but who was the yellow vette behind you? They were knocking!!
Old 06-14-2021, 12:58 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jfryjfry
Oli, that looks like such a fun race. What place did you finish in the video? Looks like first but who was the yellow vette behind you? They were knocking!!
I finished third, second, second and first for the four races of the weekend. That race I finished second. Darren Griffith of AZ got away a bit in the inverse grid start and he was running fast all weekend. I couldn't reel him in once he got the good lead.

Behind me in the yellow Spec Corvette was Marc Lacorte from Santa Clarita. He was also running fast that weekend, as he usually does.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:04 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Thanks for posting the video. Very interesting and fun to watch!
Old 07-07-2021, 03:22 PM
hellrazr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
You are welcome.

Here is my Spec Corvette wheel-to-wheel race video from the second Saturday Super Sprint race. The second race is always an inverted grid. Being that I got second in the first race, I started second to last in the second race. That always creates a bit of drama as is shown in a few spots like minute 6:00, 12:30 and 14:20.
This is a six lap Super Sprint Spec Corvette Race at Auto Club Speedway ROval.
The start goes well for me. I gain several positions by Turn Nine. A lap later at Turn 12 I am in second place, but I just can't run down Darren Griffith from AZ. He drove a great fast race.
Notable "Oh ****" moments in this short sprint race start at minute 6:00. Josh Carroll is a great driver and very fast as evidenced by how he runs me down on the oval coming into Turn Three into the infield. But his tires seem kind of done running at that pace and he can't keep the car hooked up in Turns Five and Six. The looseness persists into the esses, Turn Seven and Eight. Coming into Turn Nine his car is still bobbling so I dive deep into the inside line at Turn Nine and we connect, he spins.
A couple other "Oh ****" moments are at minutes 12:30 and about 15 seconds after, and minute 14:20 where I catch lapped cars and I make passes in the dirt/grass.
https://youtu.be/lqRhF4TbHW4?t=391
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Do those C5s have stock driveline/gearing? My C5 drops speed when I go to 5th gear on the front straight at ACS, so I end up holding 4th at redline for a few seconds.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:24 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hellrazr
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Do those C5s have stock driveline/gearing? My C5 drops speed when I go to 5th gear on the front straight at ACS, so I end up holding 4th at redline for a few seconds.
Yes, the driveline is completely stock as is the engine. The only mods allowed for power are to flip over the stock airbox cover to aid breathing, and open rules on the exhaust after the factory exhaust manifold. The cars are capped at 380 RWHP. The top running cars are making around 370 RWHP so that they have a small cushion for any dyno variance. If you go over 380 on the dyno after the race the car/driver is disqualified. The cars are extremely equal as you can see.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto Club Speedway: June 6th

Quick Reply: Auto Club Speedway: June 6th